PDA

View Full Version : Big Tarp 74

RunNGun
07-27-2002, 12:04 AM
BigTarp74

I was wondering where you got that info about transfers to P.I.?
I know someone on the staff there and they said they know nothing about any transfers....where did you get that info?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-28-2002, 04:11 PM
Heh, I knew it was a bunch of BS. I do know there is one guy that transferred to P.I. from Alice, but other than that, no.

BigTarp74 - Is it REALLY true? Or just more BS? Like I said in a previous post, on the RGVSports site, I hear this kind of talk every summer about big and fast guys transferring in to P.I. and it turns out to be a bunch of crap.

Big Tarp 74
07-29-2002, 05:46 PM
I know of two transfers for sure. One is already here. This transfer comes for San Benito. He is one of the Tight Ends. The other is from Alice. Do not know much about this transfer. There are two more comming in. Do not know all the facts. I spoke with one of the coaches, they were not sure. Several fans in town keep stating that we have 2 from out of the valley area. I have also heard that same thing from friends out of the San Antonio area. This is not BS!! You might be a bit supprised. What worries me, is that going to cause problems. Sometimes getting transfers might not be a good thing. Let hope what ever happens, is for the best. The transfer from San Benito is staying with a friend of ours. He is related to one of them. I do not know if he was a starter, or a backup over there. The orginal story I heard, was we were to only receive 3 transfers. But from the look of things, we might just be getting a few more. I heard that some may transfer back from Los Fresnos. The friends in San Antonio are very tuned into the transfers going to Port Isabel. I wish, I could tell you more, but for now, the only transfer I know that is here, is from San Benito. I have not seen the ones from Alice. If you hear anything let me know. I will continue to ask my son, because he is on the Freshmen team. He told me the other day, that he continue to here of 2 transfer that are there, but to his knowledge, he has not see them, or know were they are from.

Big Tarp 74
07-29-2002, 06:50 PM
I have been checking around, Port Isabel did receive a transfer from Alice. He is on the Valleyfootball.com.

This is something he had to say:

i just moved to P.I. from alice and im tired of whooping up on teams like los fresnos and lopez and psja memorial. hopefully it will be more challenging. im going to see what kind of fight they give here in the valley ...BACK TO BACK CHAMPS.

JULY 23,2002
48 minutes to play
a lifetime to remember

Welcome to the RGV Big 52 and welcome to PI Football!!, (what I hear about you, you are BIG)I am sure you will feel right at home
coming from a traditionally strong football program that is the Alice Coyotes.

Big Tarp 74
08-06-2002, 02:35 PM
After talking with both the coaches and our players, the ball player from alice is only 6-0 and 180. He has about 4.8 to 4.9 speed. He will be playing at the defensive end slot. As for the rest of the team, we will be hurting in the quarterback, and linebacker department. We will have no experence, and very young players taking over these areas. From the look of things, it going to be a long season. The young players are very fast, but lack size. We will be lucky to finish 3rd in district.

Bull Butter
08-06-2002, 03:29 PM
Big Tarp, in an earlier thread concerning the Tarpons you were asking why PI kids are judged so hard. Look at your last post. You've already written off this season after just 2 practices. The PI kids read this board. How do you think they feel when they see their own fans "throwing in the towel" in August???

It's time to clear the air about some Tarpon rumors that have been floating around on this board the past few weeks...........

1. The transfer from Alice is 6-0 and about 180 (I think we cleared that one up already)

2. There is NO transfer from San Benito. The Carlos Trejo in question was a student here before and he runs Cross-Country and nothing else.

3. The PI line does not average 280. Perhaps 230

4. The Tarpons are running the EXACT SAME offense and defense as they did last year. The new Off. Coordinator has been on the staff for 3 years now and the kids know him very well and exactly what he expects of them. True, the kids will have to adjust to a new coach on defense, but the schemes are the same as they ran last year.

5. Gabe Pena IS NOT the Raymondville Head football coach. The coach's name is Carlos Longoria and he's been the Head Coach for several years.

I fully realize these boards are for lively discussion of our respective teams, but posting unfounded rumors does nothing except create confusion for all those involved. It does not accomplish anything positive for the program.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-06-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter:
Big Tarp, in an earlier thread concerning the Tarpons you were asking why PI kids are judged so hard. Look at your last post. You've already written off this season after just 2 practices. The PI kids read this board. How do you think they feel when they see their own fans "throwing in the towel" in August???

It's time to clear the air about some Tarpon rumors that have been floating around on this board the past few weeks...........

1. The transfer from Alice is 6-0 and about 180 (I think we cleared that one up already)

2. There is NO transfer from San Benito. The Carlos Trejo in question was a student here before and he runs Cross-Country and nothing else.

4. The Tarpons are running the EXACT SAME offense and defense as they did last year. The new Off. Coordinator has been on the staff for 3 years now and the kids know him very well and exactly what he expects of them. True, the kids will have to adjust to a new coach on defense, but the schemes are the same as they ran last year.

5. Gabe Pena IS NOT the Raymondville Head football coach. The coach's name is Carlos Longoria and he's been the Head Coach for several years.

I fully realize these boards are for lively discussion of our respective teams, but posting unfounded rumors does nothing except create confusion for all those involved. It does not accomplish anything positive for the program.

Thank you very much for the clarification on all that. And I agree that the Tarpon players don't need to be seeing any of the "throwing in the towel" talk.

And BigTarp.....Adam, buddy......I love you to death, but no more BS, ok? Just tell it to us like it is, and don't embellish anything.

I know, i'm guilty as charged for believing it all.......argh....i'm such a dumb A@%!!!

Big Tarp 74
08-07-2002, 08:35 PM
I am sorry for any misscommunications regarding the Tarpons. As for me throwing in the towel, all I can say about that is that is not at all true. As for how the season turn out, this will be decided by the players, and coaches of Port Isabel, and not bye me! As for my opinion on the season, it is an opinion, and everyone has the right to one. If any of the tarpons players out there read this board, keep in mine that most people writing statements on this board are opinions. They are not the facts. As to the statments I made earlyer, I have tried to correct missinformation. As for the remarks made, keep in mine I too am a Tarpon. You may not always like what I have to say, and that fine. I have alway supported this team, and stood behind them, and this will continue. I will be at most of our games, supporting our team. Weather we win or not. I do not judge our team, by the wins they have, but by the heart they put into it.

Big Tarp 74
08-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Then perhaps, we need to inform our players not to start rummors. The fact that the new offense coordinator as been there three years, does not mean that things are smooth. Many of these players are young. Having to learn from a different coordinator, does not mean that things will improve, even if he's been there for 3 years. As for the line size, the kids were tell me this. As for Carlos Trejo, Duke has been telling me about him. Duke grandson hangs around with Carlos Trejo. The kid stated he was going out for football at PI, I dont know what happen. As I told duke and I will tell you, with out experenced players in the quarterback and linebackers area, it is not going to be easy. My son along with his friends, say we are hurting in those areas. I have to beleive them. As for how the team does this year, is up to the players and the staff of Port Isabel. I only gave an opinion on what I thought might be the outcome of the season. As for any ball players reading this board, they should not take it serious. The reason is, the game is played on the field, not on our opinions or what we thing the fact are!

Originally posted by Bull Butter:

Big Tarp 74
08-12-2002, 09:23 AM
As for a follow up on the Tarpons. The ball player from Alice, is no longer with the Tarpons. He move over the weekend. Jeffery, our big tackle, is out for at least a month. According to him, he will not be playing for awhile. He became sick last week. He was taken to the hospital. He had some problem with his heart. The doctors are still running test. Jeffery was at the bazaar. I spoke to him for awhile. He beleive he may be back, by the first game of the season.

footballgal
08-13-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:
As for a follow up on the Tarpons. The ball player from Alice, is no longer with the Tarpons. He move over the weekend. Jeffery, our big tackle, is out for at least a month. According to him, he will not be playing for awhile. He became sick last week. He was taken to the hospital. He had some problem with his heart. The doctors are still running test. Jeffery was at the bazaar. I spoke to him for awhile. He beleive he may be back, by the first game of the season.

Big Tarp 74 any news on Jeffery? He would be sorely missed if he would not play this year? But most importantly will he be ok physically as he is a BIG boy?

Big Tarp 74
08-14-2002, 10:36 AM
According to Jeffery, he beleives he will be back to play in the first game. I just hope Jeffery, isnt over doing it. This was a warning. I am more worried about Jeffery than Jeffery is worried about him self. It could have just been this heat we have been having. Very little wind makes it hard on these kids. The coach needs to make sure they are getting plenty of water. I sure he know that, I am just rattling on. It been awhile since I heard from you. Doing OK! Ready for the season?

[

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited August 14, 2002).]