PDA

View Full Version : Gobbler FRESHMAN is athlete of the week

JT44
10-17-2008, 11:08 AM
check this out, this kid may have a bright future. Trent Jackson, the first freshman to start at RB for the Gobblers since Melvin Barnett and Robert Strait. (both went on to Baylor)

http://www.myvictoriaonline.com/content/view/980837/146/

headhunter
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
The kids has a bright future, He will get bigger and stronger and will be able to run trough many of those arm tackles that are bringing him down now. I look for big things from this kid in the next three years. Heck he is already making a statement. He needs to get about 15 touches a game and they need to utilize this kid to the best of his ability. He is good in the open field. I still don't think he is quite big enough to pound the ball up the middle and take a beating night in night out. But I like when they get him the ball on stretch plays, and throw to him in the flats, when he is in the open field he is tough to get a handle on. He does do a good job of hitting the hole but I just hope he doesn't get banged up. He is not that big of kid yet. I do like how the coaches have been using him, especially on the draw plays and the quick hitters off-tackle. He is going to get bigger and faster and will make Arndt that much better. Still they need to throw the ball to Boothe and use ALL the receivers. That opens it up for Jackson.

KingRob
10-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Congrats Trent!:clap: