PDA

View Full Version : Under Armour & other Stuff...

Bullaholic
10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Back in the day :D, we used to wear pretty basic equipment with an athletic supporter as the last line of defense.

In today's athletic arena there are all manners of fashionable and functional gear such as Under Armour, and an endless array of custom footgear. I wonder if there are any limitations in HS for players providing their own gear above and beyond standard issues?

gatordaze
10-17-2008, 10:52 AM
No, in fact the jock is now gone the way of the buggy whip. Compression shorts or girdles are used instead. I know that the teams provide pretty basic stuff like their "greys" as they call them . On Friday night all manner of dry-fit type of material are seen

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Back in the day :D, we used to wear pretty basic equipment with an athletic supporter as the last line of defense.

In today's athletic arena there are all manners of fashionable and functional gear such as Under Armour, and an endless array of custom footgear. I wonder if there are any limitations in HS for players providing their own gear above and beyond standard issues? I don't think it's an issue. When my little cousins played for Ingleside a handful of years back...the school bought the team new shoulder pads. All of the sudden there were like 3 or 4 major shoulder injuries. My uncle bought my cousin his own set of top of the line pads which he played in from then on.

Pudlugger
10-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

In today's athletic arena there are all manners of fashionable and functional gear such as Under Armour, and an endless array of custom footgear. I wonder if there are any limitations in HS for players providing their own gear above and beyond standard issues?

Back in the day Joe Nameth wore panty hose to keep warm in those New York Jets November and Descember games. He even made a commercial with them on.:eek:

Daddy D 11
10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Most kids now a days look like walking under armour billboards..

Bullaholic
10-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Most kids now a days look like walking under armour billboards..

Mucho of daddy's money.......

RiverRat19
10-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Say what you will about UA, but their underwear is the most comfortable I have ever had. If I were still playing I'd use as much of their stuff as I could I think. Kind of a stigma with it but it works very well.

crzyjournalist03
10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Back in the day Joe Nameth wore panty hose to keep warm in those New York Jets November and Descember games. He even made a commercial with them on.:eek:

Were they custom-made with a third "leg"??? :eek:

wildstangs
10-17-2008, 04:47 PM
We bought all our kids (7-12) UA shorts and shirts to practice in. It has been nice - the kids love it and I like my stuff as well.