PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Weapons Factory found!

sinton66
03-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Fox News just reported that coalition troops have found what the UN weapons inspectors could not find. They have discovered and taken a huge (suspected) chemical weapons factory in Najaf about 90 miles south of Bagdad. They have the commanding General of the facility in custody. UN officials cite no knowledge of such a facility in that area. It was camoflaged from the air, surrounded by mounds of sand and an electric fence, and guarded by Iraqi troops. According to reports, the facility covers 100 acres.

<small>[ March 23, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-24-2003, 02:42 AM
Hmm, haven't seen that report yet, BUT, if it is true and the news (i've been watching CNN coverage) confirms it, then the war vs. Iraq is justified. This democrat will back Bush on his war with Iraq 100%.

sinton66
03-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Last I heard, it is still to be determined exactly what chemicals are there, but a team is supposedly there to find out. Meanwhile, Iraqi TV is claiming it is merely a pesticide storage facility. I'm sure they need camoflage and the military to guard their ant poisons, yea, right ! We sell ours at Wal-Mart!

Unfortunately, the imbedded news person with this group was a reporter for the Jerusalem Post. I can just hear it now, it must have been a zionist plot to discredit Iraq.

<small>[ March 24, 2003, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>