PDA

View Full Version : recruiting

jambo67
10-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Is High School recruiting too hyped? I think too many good athletes are over looked (especially in 3A) because some recruiting experts jump on board with the same kids, they're all afraid to be wrong so they glom on to a select few so if there is a bust then they are all wrong. The kids that don't get attention when they are juniors in high school get looked over. And if they do get recruited they are relegated to the sidelines because the coaches are afraid of getting second guessed if they don't perform. I just watched and episode of ESPU's Recruiting Insider and it made me sick. I've seen better talent at the 3A level this year at every position and they weren't even mentioned because they play for a small school. You'd think McCoy and Shipley would change some opinions, but I guess not.

Old Dog
10-16-2008, 07:38 PM
I think if you examine the roosters of many of the big programs, you will find many small school youngsters playing and making an impact. I feel recruiting smaller schools has paid off for many programs of late. Good coaching and weight programs have reached into the smaller schools in the last 10 years or so. All you have to do is check the players from most of the Big 12 teams and see small town players spotted all thru the line ups.

jambo67
10-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Correct. But they are usually juniors or seniors before they get the chance. The big school blue-chippers get all the first looks and that's not right.