PDA

View Full Version : New Drug in Schools

espn1
10-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Two new drugs are being packaged and flavored to appeal to kids. Please inform yourself and talk to your kids.

INFO! (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271215,00.html)

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Not new at all but very dangerous from what I've read the last 2 years or so. :(

espn1
10-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not new at all but very dangerous from what I've read the last 2 years or so. :( It's the flavors that are supposed to be new!

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2008, 05:37 PM
The "strawberry quik"? Yeah, I had read about it awhile back. When I first heard about the kid from Dallas, I was doing some searching to learn what I could. At that time, DISD actually had info posted on some of the HS webpages.

ProudHornetMom
10-16-2008, 07:52 PM
We began addressing strawberry quick about 1 1/2 years ago in the schools. It's dangerous and Dallas ISD really had a tough time with it.

espn1
10-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
We began addressing strawberry quick about 1 1/2 years ago in the schools. It's dangerous and Dallas ISD really had a tough time with it. I was having a talk with my 9 & 10 yr olds and thought I'd pass it on! I've known about the cheese but not the quick!

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I was having a talk with my 9 & 10 yr olds and thought I'd pass it on! I've known about the cheese but not the quick!
This kind of info can't be repeated enough, IMO. :thumbsup:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-16-2008, 11:21 PM
I've seen some but was supposed to be grape flavored...but would never try it.

Some kids are stupid and do it anyway, has a lot to do with how you were brought up I think.

BwdLion73
10-17-2008, 10:20 AM
You can usually look to California to see what trends will be in Texas in a year or so. In addition to the Strawberry Quick they are coming out with several other flavors now inclulding a chocolate flavor.

nobogey72
10-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
You can usually look to California to see what trends will be in Texas in a year or so. In addition to the Strawberry Quick they are coming out with several other flavors now inclulding a chocolate flavor.

If they ever come out with a "biscuits & gravy" flavor, my cousins in Arkansas will be tempted.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
If they ever come out with a "biscuits & gravy" flavor, my cousins in Arkansas will be tempted. funny you say that.....I've had this idea for years....I've always wanted to start a candle company......"Man Candles" and have scents such as "sawdust", "steak and eggs", "diesel exhaust", etc. :D

nobogey72
10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
funny you say that.....I've had this idea for years....I've always wanted to start a candle company......"Man Candles" and have scents such as "sawdust", "steak and eggs", "diesel exhaust", etc. :D

Hey, I'll be an investor!!!! That's good. "Locker Room", "Gunpowder", "Cramergesic" (for those of us that are old enough to remember that product) and my personal favorite would have to be "Pine Tar". I think we are on to something. Maybe even "Dead Minnows"? Even "Model Airplane Glue" could be HUGE.:clap: :clap: :clap::hijacktd:

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Hey, I'll be an investor!!!! That's good. "Locker Room", "Gunpowder", "Cramergesic" (for those of us that are old enough to remember that product) and my personal favorite would have to be "Pine Tar". I think we are on to something. Maybe even "Dead Minnows"? Even "Model Airplane Glue" could be HUGE.:clap: :clap: :clap::hijacktd: ABSOLUTELY! 2 stroke exhaust (for the fishermen and motocrossers out there), fresh weld, carb cleaner, buffalo wings, skunked keg beer......should we start a thread to get suggestions? LOL.

sinton66
10-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea for everyone to forward this link to your Supers.