PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood

Looking4number8
10-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Ah... nothing, I was just having withdrawl's because it has been 3 or 4 days without a thread with Brownwood in the topic..

BEAST
10-16-2008, 03:30 PM
LOL.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Does Brownwood play tomorrow??

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Ah... nothing, I was just having withdrawl's because it has been 3 or 4 days without a thread with Brownwood in the topic..

Look at it this way. Ya'll can spar with the one Graham poster
all next week. There may be more but she is the only one with
any spunk.

Looking4number8
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

We play Breckenridge at home for Homecomming

Sweetwater Red

Breckenridge

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Breckenridge

Oh....yall have been so quiet, I thought maybe it was an open week or something!!!

Butkus
10-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh....yall have been so quiet, I thought maybe it was an open week or something!!! Maybe it is fur them.:doh:

injuredinmelee
10-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh....yall have been so quiet, I thought maybe it was an open week or something!!!

is this where we insert the quiet because their mouths are full of crow or am I way behind and all that took place monday?

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Look at it this way. Ya'll can spar with the one Graham poster
all next week. There may be more but she is the only one with
any spunk.

HAHA you said spunk :D

We do have one or two Breckenridge posters, but I think Brownwood is still shell shocked from last week or something. ;)

Global Swarming
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Kind of hard to talk when you're 2-4. Not much to talk about.

Looking4number8
10-16-2008, 04:07 PM
No shell shock here. We knew Wylie was going to be good and we could not turn the ball over (we did 4 times) and had to keep our offense going to win the game. QB and recievers looked a little off, but the running game game around some. It was all very strange.

Dont get me wrong. Wylie out played us and deserved the win, but still no shell shock.

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 04:13 PM
No shell shock here. We knew Wylie was going to be good and we could not turn the ball over (we did 4 times) and had to keep our offense going to win the game. QB and recievers looked a little off, but the running game game around some. It was all very strange.

Dont get me wrong. Wylie out played us and deserved the win, but still no shell shock.

I didn't really read much about this game. What kind of turn overs did you have? INTs or fumbles or both?!

If Rocket hadn't abused his internet usage at work he would be here to tell me Wylie, like La Vega had a perfect game which is the only way to beat Brownwood. :devil: :D

haha I'm just messing with yall. I've been away from the board taking care of some stuff here at the office and now I'm just killing time!

Looking4number8
10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I didn't really read much about this game. What kind of turn overs did you have? INTs or fumbles or both?!

If Rocket hadn't abused his internet usage at work he would be here to tell me Wylie, like La Vega had a perfect game which is the only way to beat Brownwood. :devil: :D

haha I'm just messing with yall. I've been away from the board taking care of some stuff here at the office and now I'm just killing time!

2 of each I think. we were up by 7 and moving the ball in the 3rd quarter and a chance to take control of the game. receiver goes out about 30 yards downfield and qb throws it about 60. 3 defenders where the ball landed (in one of thier arms) and none around the reciver. They had a big return, scored and pretty much controled the game from there. We had our chance to win, just let another one get away from us.

BTW, I miss Rocket. Now I feel like I have to post just to let you guys know we did not drop to 2A

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I have been away from the downlow A LOT this week.....WHAT HAPPENED WITH/TO ROCKET?!?!?!?!

I must have totally missed that one!!!!!!

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
2 of each I think. we were up by 7 and moving the ball in the 3rd quarter and a chance to take control of the game. receiver goes out about 30 yards downfield and qb throws it about 60. 3 defenders where the ball landed (in one of thier arms) and none around the reciver. They had a big return, scored and pretty much controled the game from there. We had our chance to win, just let another one get away from us.

BTW, I miss Rocket. Now I feel like I have to post just to let you guys know we did not drop to 2A

Bummer.

I miss Rocket too. He had a special way of getting folks riled up! :D

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I have been away from the downlow A LOT this week.....WHAT HAPPENED WITH/TO ROCKET?!?!?!?!

I must have totally missed that one!!!!!!

Busted at work. He posted something about it in one of the game threads, but I couldn't tell you which one it was!

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2008, 04:38 PM
This is Rocket's latest post.

I'm here guys! Chill, chill. Well, my internet usage at work was through the roof. They took away my internet at work, so now I can't post all day. And after that happened, it was like a wake up call for me to get my priorities straight. So I am taking a little break this week. Not real worried about Breckenridge, so there isn't really alot of stuff to post.

I am not down on my Brownwood Lions. No way I will ever be. I am just waiting in the foxhole as we start knocking off our next 4 victims. Brownwood has one more thing to attain before they make their move toward #8, and that is the Brownwood Lion attitude. That will be taken care of this week.

I miss you all. nobogey, it seems like a week ago that we were talking trash and having fun. Garcia, I miss your stupid pictures and your emoticons. And to the rest, I will be back, you don't know the day or the hour, but I will be gone and then I will be back, posting in full force and posting the dumbest homer Brownwood Lion crap you have ever read, just like in the good ol days. I will see you all soon.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1138274#post1138274

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Busted at work. He posted something about it in one of the game threads, but I couldn't tell you which one it was!

What a goofball!!!

I'm glad my bosses don't monitor my internet time!!:p :p :eek: :eek:

Looking4number8
10-16-2008, 05:06 PM

No open week, but this is a picture of my buddies after we got home from talking about the game
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/DSCN0146.jpg

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
No open week, but this is a picture of my buddies after we got home from talking about the game
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/DSCN0146.jpg
The dude on the bottom looks vaguely familiar. :D

garciap77
10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
is this where we insert the quiet because their mouths are full of crow or am I way behind and all that took place monday?

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

nobogey72
10-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Brownwood will be playing in week 13! JMO. I will take all comers and will bet a Lytle Land & Cattle Rib Eye (drink not included, and no appetizers) that Brownwood will be playing in week 13. Anybody???

disclaimer: This does not mean that I like them. I am just trying to win some steaks.:) :)

Lion_Addict
10-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Brownwood will be playing in week 13! JMO. I will take all comers and will bet a Lytle Land & Cattle Rib Eye (drink not included, and no appetizers) that Brownwood will be playing in week 13. Anybody???

disclaimer: This does not mean that I like them. I am just trying to win some steaks.:) :)

Damn, you is a very smart man....pretty ugly, but smart :p :D

Lion_Addict
10-16-2008, 06:11 PM
By the way.....they started replaying the Brownwood/Wylie game last night. Only caught a little bit of it so far (will run 24/7 till next week), and I haven't got to see the questioned fumble over on our side. Remember........ the one that caused all the noise from our side? Anyways, I did catch the, "cough" cough", fumble called over on yawl's side and ummmmm......blown call. Just stating the facts. Not saying it would have made any difference. Just letting ya know. I mean, you know I ain't gonna come on here and try and say we got robbed or anything. Naahhhh, not me. I don't cause trouble. :D But dag gum, there was some major hitting going on out there.......from both sides. #26 is a nightmare. On crutches at halftime and comes back in and does that. Kid's a stud!

95mustang
10-16-2008, 06:14 PM

I agree with that. The only game that we lost big was the La Vega game and I will have to admit the second half they wore down our young defense. I will say that the Stephenville game we let that one slip away in the second half also. Now the Liberty Hill and Wylie games we were in a battle to the end of both games and missed onsides kicks in the closing seconds of both games. I am not saying Brownwood deserved to win those games because we lost to two of the best football programs in 3A. I do not believe we are shell shocked but just relaxing this week to reload for the remainder of the season. Don't get me wrong our boys are not looking past Breckenridge becasue from here on out every game is a big game for the Brownwood Lions. I do believe Brownwood will get to see a rematch in the playoffs.

Looking4number8
10-16-2008, 06:19 PM

And I would make the same bet for Wylie. Did not think you guys had the talent LaVega had but you guys were where you were supposed to be on every play, doing what you were supposed to be doing and that wins lots of games

garciap77
10-16-2008, 06:31 PM
And I would make the same bet for Wylie. Did not think you guys had the talent LaVega had but you guys were where you were supposed to be on every play, doing what you were supposed to be doing and that wins lots of games

:iagree:

4'-8" DB vs 8' WR!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Jumpball-1.jpg

;)

Trashman
10-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Bummer.

I miss Rocket too. He had a special way of getting folks riled up! :D

I have a picture of Rocket as a cub.:D

http://www.centurionministry.org/images/cat-lion.jpg

garciap77
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I have a picture of Rocket as a cub.:D

http://www.centurionministry.org/images/cat-lion.jpg

I sure miss that fellow! It's just to quite in the 3ADL!:(

Rocky Come Back! Rocky Come Back!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ist2_1863863-black-eye-1.jpg

;)

STANG RED
10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Nah you didnt miss much. All those wusses about broke their limp wrists patting each other on the butt. Kinda made me sick. Be glad you didnt see it Injured. It was pitiful.:D