PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Things.....

Bullaholic
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I'll pick up a snake or most any other kind of animal, but I'm not crazy about big spiders and scorpions. I know P4S likes spiders a lot, too. :D

I knew a guy once who jumped thru a window when somebody threw a rubber snake on him.

R1Editor
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'll pick up a snake or most any other kind of animal, but I'm not crazy about big spiders and scorpions. I know P4S likes spiders a lot, too. :D

I knew a guy once who jumped thru a window when somebody threw a rubber snake on him. "Snakes, it had to be snakes" I'm with Indiana Jones on this one.:mad:

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2008, 02:51 PM
MICE!!!!! :ack!: :ack!: :catredx:

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
MICE!!!!! :ack!: :ack!: :catredx:

Snakes and spiders don't bother me that much.

Mice are freaky as are scorpions....and grasshoppers!!

One of my least favorite things is the "scream mask"....I don't know why but it scares me every single time!!!!

Bullaholic
10-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Some ladies go crazy if they see a big cockroach----especially when he's in their house.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Some ladies go crazy if they see a big cockroach----especially when he's in their house.

Oh yeah!! And those big huge flying black beetles.....OMG!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh yeah!! And those big huge flying black beetles.....OMG!!!!!
If you find any, would you put them in a ziploc baggy in the freezer and save them for us? :D (Bug collection for biology)

Trashman
10-16-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.houstonherp.com/Atrox02.jpg

Bullaholic
10-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Years ago, when I used to camp at Inks Lake, there were some huge white beetles with black polka-dots and long feelers that used to be on the trees.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If you find any, would you put them in a ziploc baggy in the freezer and save them for us? :D (Bug collection for biology)

Sure....they are usually around in the summer, so I don't know if we will see anymore this year!!

But....if I do see one, I just hope Jimmy or Shane are around, otherwise, it's not gonna get caught!!:p

coach
10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
i have a true story that my grandpa told me...

he had a cousin that lived up north and came to texas to visit my grandpa when they were kids. One night they were out camping and a scorpion crawled up next to him and he sai, " What is that?" my grand a quickly said thats a Texas Strong Bug and his cousin was like why is it called that. my grandpa said no matter how strong you are u can't keep ur finger on the bug's back. So his cousin said i bet i can and tried to hold his finger on the scorpion's back and it popped him on the hand. My grandpa said he laughed for 30 min but his cousin wasnt too thrilled

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 04:08 PM

I knew a guy once who jumped thru a window when somebody threw a rubber snake on him.

:ack!: @ spiders

:(

Just last night I saw 2 big brown spiders! So gross.....:hairpunk:

Bullaholic
10-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:ack!: @ spiders

:(

Just last night I saw 2 big brown spiders! So gross.....:hairpunk:

Here ya go, P4S----

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/vurdlak8/spidereffect.gif

pirate4state
10-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Here ya go, P4S----

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/vurdlak8/spidereffect.gif LOL :doh: now i'm kinda dizzy :crazy1:

nobogey72
10-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I hate snakes and will run away from them. But, I will eat a cricket or grasshopper just to amuse my daughter and her friends or anyone else that happens to be watching. One day a couple of weeks ago one of the tellers here started squealing that there was a cricket in the back. They wanted me to come back there and get it, so I just picked it up and popped it in my mouth and it was pretty exciting. True story.:)

Ranger Mom
10-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I hate snakes and will run away from them. But, I will eat a cricket or grasshopper just to amuse my daughter and her friends or anyone else that happens to be watching. One day a couple of weeks ago one of the tellers here started squealing that there was a cricket in the back. They wanted me to come back there and get it, so I just picked it up and popped it in my mouth and it was pretty exciting. True story.:)

Did you spit it out or did you eat it??

If you ate it, I don't think I like you anymore!!:( :(

ProudHornetMom
10-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm ok with snakes. We used to work with alot with snakes in comparative anatomy courses. Mice and other bugs don't bother me.

"Grand Daddy Long legs" and scorpions absolutely make me panic.

nobogey72
10-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did you spit it out or did you eat it??

If you ate it, I don't think I like you anymore!!:( :(

I acted like I ate it, but when they looked off (to throw up) I took it out. Works every time. BTW--I didn't know you liked me in the first place. :D :kiss: