PDA

View Full Version : Florida State and NC State

kepdawg
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Has anyone seen FSU this year? Are they heading back in the right direction or just benefiting from a weak schedule? I'm interested to see how the Ponder kid looks.

cshscougar08
10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Well they broke into the top 25 in like the third week or so. But as far as I know, they are still struggling. Same with NC State. Tom O'Brien has them going in the right direction. But it will still be a few years before they are back to where they were when Phillip Rivers was there.

easttexas3a
10-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm a huge FSU fan, have been since I was about 5 yearsold. My Father went to school their :)

The Noles Have some of the best WR's in the NCAA, The Defense is very good but got laxed in the game with Miami. FSU QB RB and O line are not very good. The offensive line is starting 3 freshman, and 2 sophmores. Christian Ponder is not the answer, we need the EJ Manuel kid to really progress, he was the #2 QB with RIVALS, and he got redshirted. If the noles continue to play good D and the offense will just continue to get better from week to week they will have a chance to play in the ACC championship. However if the O-line doesn't get better, Ponder stays the same, this is a 7 or 8 win team.

gatordaze
10-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I think that they will be much better now that they have found an alternative to Gatorade. Word out of Tallahassee is that they are releasing their own formulation called Seminole Fluid.

trojan37
10-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Ex Florida St. QB and Heisman Trophy winner Charlie Ward is now the head coach of a Christian High School down in Houston. Just thought you Florida St. people might be interested in that little tidbit.

jambo67
10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Can't post....thread is unauthorized!

kepdawg
10-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Can't post....thread is unauthorized!

What are you talking about? This post is completely within the rules.

Astrosdawg07
10-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Ex Florida St. QB and Heisman Trophy winner Charlie Ward is now the head coach of a Christian High School down in Houston. Just thought you Florida St. people might be interested in that little tidbit.

Coaching basketball or football?

forum_guy
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I'm a huge FSU fan, have been since I was about 5 yearsold. My Father went to school their :)

The Noles Have some of the best WR's in the NCAA, The Defense is very good but got laxed in the game with Miami. FSU QB RB and O line are not very good. The offensive line is starting 3 freshman, and 2 sophmores. Christian Ponder is not the answer, we need the EJ Manuel kid to really progress, he was the #2 QB with RIVALS, and he got redshirted. If the noles continue to play good D and the offense will just continue to get better from week to week they will have a chance to play in the ACC championship. However if the O-line doesn't get better, Ponder stays the same, this is a 7 or 8 win team.

either your really a fan and just havent followed them that much or you completely forgot about antone smith

trojan37
10-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Coaching basketball or football?

He's coaching football.

easttexas3a
10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
The florida state rushing game has not been very good, Antone smith may not be the problem, but it hasn't been very good. He is very quick. Was happy with the win tonight.