PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Williams...ESPN Radio

JR2004
10-16-2008, 08:27 AM
He's doing a pretty good job on GameNight. He has the 7-10 slot with them. I don't care for many media guys, but I like how Greggo is always pretty blunt about what he thinks about a player, coach, team or owner. It was also funny hearing him say that he's never once in his 48 years alive mowed a lawn...lol. I mean who hasn't done that?! I'm glad his good friend Randy Galloway helped to get him a second chance. I think it'll be fun when he goes head to head in a few years with his old show once Galloway retires.

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/espn1033/blog?id=3581989&post=3640752

I like reading his blog as well. The only thing that sucks about his show is his co-host, RJ Choppy. That guy is NEGATIVE about EVERYTHING. Makes me wonder why he chose to go into sports broadcasting! :mad: :mad:

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
He's doing a pretty good job on GameNight. He has the 7-10 slot with them. I don't care for many media guys, but I like how Greggo is always pretty blunt about what he thinks about a player, coach, team or owner. It was also funny hearing him say that he's never once in his 48 years alive mowed a lawn...lol. I mean who hasn't done that?! I'm glad his good friend Randy Galloway helped to get him a second chance. I think it'll be fun when he goes head to head in a few years with his old show once Galloway retires.

I like reading his blog as well. The only thing that sucks about his show is his co-host, RJ Choppy. That guy is NEGATIVE about EVERYTHING. Makes me wonder why he chose to go into sports broadcasting! :mad: :mad:

Always liked Greggo and when I worked at the Ticket during college his was always very nice when I had to deal with him n any manner

BUT his trashing of sports figures and their drug use is ironic with his problems and this is not his second chance..this is his 3rd or 4th chance

and your right about Choppy, he hates the world.

I listened a little to Coop and Greggo the other night, it was kind of goofy..seemed Greggo was trying his hardest to come up with backwoods speak and Coop was just yucking up like a giddy school girl everytime, just seemed to forced

Dominicfrank
10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
After reading the article in the Observer I don;t think much of Greggo. I hope he makes something of his life and makes a 100% turn around but I am not a fan of his. I have little respect for Greggo and to be honest I also lost a little for The Ticket as well, I think they could have forced the issue with Greggo before it blew up, shows they are more co-workers than friends. Ticket still gets my radio's time but probably more due to ESPN sucking. The Michael Irving show is terrible, you can't make out a word those guys are saying. I cant listen to that crap. Joe Avezzano is just as bad, cant listen to him on radio or TV.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by JR2004

Choppy's a good guy, but the truth is he'd rather be in New York. He's a Jets and Yankees fan through and through, and thinks poorly of most Dallas franchises.

Twirling Time
10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Michael Irvin will never be a lead dog on a radio show and neither will Greggo. Irvin needs Kevin Kiley, and Greggo needs Choppy just like he needed Rhyner.

Greggo is a great sidekick, though.

Macarthur
10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
After reading the article in the Observer I don;t think much of Greggo. I hope he makes something of his life and makes a 100% turn around but I am not a fan of his. I have little respect for Greggo and to be honest I also lost a little for The Ticket as well, I think they could have forced the issue with Greggo before it blew up, shows they are more co-workers than friends. Ticket still gets my radio's time but probably more due to ESPN sucking. The Michael Irving show is terrible, you can't make out a word those guys are saying. I cant listen to that crap. Joe Avezzano is just as bad, cant listen to him on radio or TV.

I enjoyed Greggo on the Ticket, as well. But agree after reading the article in the Observer. His fatal flaw is one of my biggest pet peevs in people and that's hypocricy. He is a giant (or has been) hypocrite.

I think the Ticket did try to help him, but when someone continually practices self-destructive behavior after attempt to help time and again, human nature is to wash you hands of that person. I think that's what they did; they only continued the relationship on a professional level. And I think they all got tired of the hypocricy and double life he led.

jambo67
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Couldn't agree more with Mac. If I were Big Dan Bennett i'd move Dan Mcdowell to the Hardline and reduce the Snake back to yuck-monkey status. Dan is a better sidekick and reliable.

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Couldn't agree more with Mac. If I were Big Dan Bennett i'd move Dan Mcdowell to the Hardline and reduce the Snake back to yuck-monkey status. Dan is a better sidekick and reliable.

+1

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
The Michael Irving show is terrible, you can't make out a word those guys are saying. I cant listen to that crap.

Yup... add in Galloway's show being a beating... (if you can't do schtick then don't) and Mike and Mike being... well, everything I didn't need to know about New York... well, its either the Ticket or XM radio for me.

kepdawg
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
+1

People like Dan?

Txbroadcaster
Originally posted by jambo67

I like the chemistry between Bob and Dan to want that to be changed

kaorder1999
10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I refuse to listen to Bob and Dan's show. cant stand it!

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I hear ya, but Dan would be good on the Hardline.

Of course, I would rather see Danny move into the spot that Corby fills.

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I refuse to listen to Bob and Dan's show. cant stand it!

Hate to say it... but its getting to be the best one on the Ticket.

Macarthur
10-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Yup... add in Galloway's show being a beating... (if you can't do schtick then don't) and Mike and Mike being... well, everything I didn't need to know about New York... well, its either the Ticket or XM radio for me.

You know, Galloway gets some great guests.

His problem is that he is incoherient to the point of sounding drunk most of the time, and he won't shut up and let his guests talk.

Makes my ears bleed.