PDA

View Full Version : Romo to play on sunday

coach
10-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Romo says he will play on sunday according to espn.com

Looking4number8
10-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Guess Favre got to him... Hey I heard a headline on ESPN news saying "should Romo be dedicated enough to the Cowboys that he should cut off his pinky so he could play sooner"

I know there was a story about a high school kid doing that but for ESPN to push it is really really wrong!

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey, Keith...............:taunt:

bobcat1
10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Jerry bought him a new toy named Roy to play with. :D

sinton66
10-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, honestly, it might not be up to Romo. Believe the staff might listen to the doctors. Obviously, coaches will have to agree.

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Jerry bought him a new toy named Roy to play with. :D

Yep, now they got a RW11 and a RW38.

Astrosdawg07
10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep, now they got a RW11 and a RW38.

RW11 = R. E. Williams
RW38 = R. L. Williams

bigron15
10-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Guess Favre got to him... Hey I heard a headline on ESPN news saying "should Romo be dedicated enough to the Cowboys that he should cut off his pinky so he could play sooner"

I know there was a story about a high school kid doing that but for ESPN to push it is really really wrong!

by the way it was a D2 college offensive lineman that cut off his pinky so he wouldnt miss his senior season. John Anderson from Sportscenter was making fun of romo throughout the show claiming his pinky hurts and it hurt him to press the P key.

ziggy29
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Guess Favre got him to drink the "never sit out even if it's best for the team long-term" Kool-Aid. And Favre got his first hit of it from Cal Ripken.

There ARE more important things than consecutive game streaks.

swstangs001
10-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Guess Favre got him to drink the "never sit out even if it's best for the team long-term" Kool-Aid. And Favre got his first hit of it from Cal Ripken.

There ARE more important things than consecutive game streaks.

I heard farve called romo and told him to tape it up and suck it he needs to play, anybody know if theres any truth to this?

Keith7
10-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Hey, Keith...............:taunt:

lol let him play with his stinky pinky.. This will be fun to watch..

Seriously though, I think the cowgirls would be fine without Romo against the Rams, I think it would be smart to give him another week

nobogey72
10-16-2008, 06:09 AM
Do they still use Novacaine, or is it a banned substance? I haven't heard anything about it for a long time.

themsu97
10-16-2008, 06:16 AM
Bledsoe played with broken fingers... tape them together and play...

I just hope he does not fumble more than normal

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by swstangs001
I heard farve called romo and told him to tape it up and suck it he needs to play, anybody know if theres any truth to this?

Favre told Romo that if Romo felt he could play, that he should, but if it was going to do more damage or hurt the team, he shouldn't.

Macarthur
10-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm really torn on this one. I actually think a week or two off would do Tony some good from a mental standpoint. But I also think if you can play, you should play.

I think the best thing is probably to let Tony go out there to start but tell him to be very honest about whether he thinks he can truly be effective or not after the first series or two.

Twirling Time
10-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Is this definite? I heard Wade say you don't play if you don't practice, and Romo didn't practice yesterday. He just threw a few balls.

Bullaholic
10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I'm really torn on this one. I actually think a week or two off would do Tony some good from a mental standpoint. But I also think if you can play, you should play.

I think the best thing is probably to let Tony go out there to start but tell him to be very honest about whether he thinks he can truly be effective or not after the first series or two.

Mac--I could be wrong, but I think Romo is going to come out and play like a house on fire. Why? Because I think the pressure to perform every week has been getting to him, and now with an injured pinky he knows that if he comes out and throws a bad pass that everyone will blame it on the finger injury and not him. Therefore, he will be more relaxed knowing he has a sure-fire excuse for a bad performance in his pocket. Like I said---this might be a stretch, but I still bet he plays well with the injury. We'll just have to see.

One disclaimer---if the injury truly is bad enough to have a big effect on his throwing technique, then all bets are off.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Is this definite? I heard Wade say you don't play if you don't practice, and Romo didn't practice yesterday. He just threw a few balls.

No, it's absolutely not definite. He is still listed as doubtful on the team's injury report. Romo has informed the team that he wants to play, and he is going to meet with Phillips and the medical staff this afternoon to make a determination.

Macarthur
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Maybe so.

All I know is that regardless of who the QB is, Hudson Houck needs to light a fire under the OL's ass. If they play well, it really shouldn't matter who takes snaps. Against the Rams they should be able to put Jerry in there to turn and hand it to Barber.

eagles_victory
10-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Do they still use Novacaine, or is it a banned substance? I haven't heard anything about it for a long time. Last I heard about Novacaine was talking about Herman Boones offense "Give it time it works like Novacaine"

Bearkat
10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I wish he would sit out, at least, this game. I don't want this to turn into a long term injury.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Latest on this story according cowboysblog.dallasnews.com is that Jerry Jones said Romo looks "promising" about playing this week.