PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Mr. Fix-It Got Angry...

JR2004
10-15-2008, 05:45 PM
This morning on 1310 The Ticket when he was being interviewed. I didn't hear the whole interview, but he got sick of the questions that Dunham and Miller were asking and he let them know about it. I've never really heard him get mad, but he was justified because of how they worded the questions. Showing that they're just your average run-of-the-mill retarded member of the media, they manage to blame Wade for the interview not going well and that he should've answered the questions how they thought he should. :rolleyes:

nobogey72
10-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Give us an example.

JR2004
10-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't see the interview on their website. You can check theticket.com and see if it's there. I would imagine it might be on a podcast this evening under the "Ticket Top 10", but I'm not 100 percent certain.

Just more typical sports media crap by trying to lead Wade into saying what they want him to say by how they word the questions they were asking. I'm glad he called them out on it during the interview.

Pick6
10-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Everything about The Ticket sucks. When a sports radio station fires someone for talking to much sports something is wrong.

kepdawg
10-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Everything about The Ticket sucks. When a sports radio station fires someone for talking to much sports something is wrong.

Who got fired for talking too much sports?

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2008, 08:02 PM

who are u talking about?

Pick6
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Who got fired for talking too much sports?

Chuck Cooperstein

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Chuck Cooperstein

Chuck got fired for being Chuck.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Chuck Cooperstein

His contract was not renewed cause his ratings were sliding south while Hardline was dominating the afternoon spot ahead of him...So blame the fans

Plus alot of people do not like a ONE host show

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I heard the last portion of this interview... among the gems from the Musers this morning....

"Wade, your team is 4 and 2... woudl you say they have underachieved, overachieved, or is right where you thought they should be?"

Loaded question. Any answer leads to the Musers griping. Wade's answer... (I paraphrase) "You guys want to play that game? Okay, they are 4 and 2 and I expected us to be 6-0. I am dissappointed... Okay... is that what you need to hear?"

Followed by both Musers tripping over themselves to tell Wade he doesn't have to give them their own opinion, etc.

It was a BS interview IMO.

And color me sick and tired of Cowboys intrigue 24-7

JR2004
10-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Chuck got fired for being Chuck.

Chuck is a moronic blowhard who should have to be doing radio somewhere in Saskatchewan or Siberia. He's just an annoying person to listen to no matter what station he's on. I'd imagine he got low ratings because, well, people in Dallas just don't seem to like him too much.

He'd do well to just head back home to New York City and find a radio station up there to ruin. I don't think I've ever heard him have a show that he had people call into where he didn't wind up yelling at and berating the caller when they don't agree with his asinine and uninformed opinions.

JR2004
10-15-2008, 11:07 PM
I heard the last portion of this interview... among the gems from the Musers this morning....

"Wade, your team is 4 and 2... woudl you say they have underachieved, overachieved, or is right where you thought they should be?"

Loaded question. Any answer leads to the Musers griping. Wade's answer... (I paraphrase) "You guys want to play that game? Okay, they are 4 and 2 and I expected us to be 6-0. I am dissappointed... Okay... is that what you need to hear?"

Yep that's the one that got Wade hacked. I believe they said he only answered one of their 10 or so questions. They ought to consider themselves lucky that he humored them and didn't just end that ridiculous charade of an interview after that question.

If he says they have underachieved then they blame him for the team's 4-2 record. If he says they have overachieved then they laugh at him after the interview ends and if he says they're right where they should be then they'd probably start calling for him to be fired. It was a lose-lose scenario no matter how he answered and they knew it.

Pick6
10-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
His contract was not renewed cause his ratings were sliding south while Hardline was dominating the afternoon spot ahead of him...So blame the fans

Plus alot of people do not like a ONE host show

He was fired. Here's some comments from a couple of different newspapers.

This is bad news for everyone, but especially for Greggo. The P1 will continue to listen to The Hardline, and The Ticket will survive just as it did when Chuck Cooperstein was fired 10 years ago.

"I never could figure out exactly what is meant by the word 'shtick,'" Cooperstein laments. "If I had a shtick, I guess it was that I was the 'higher authority.' [Mike] Rhyner put that label on me, but that's what it was. I know sports, and that's what the show was about.

"And I was sandwiched between Dunham and Miller in the morning and Rhyner and Williams in the afternoon. They have each other to play off of, and they know each other so well. It's hard to be funny when you're alone."

"I thought I was doing what you were supposed to do on an all-sports station. But I guess I was wrong."

The rage against sports radio shtick has been building for years--especially among the old guard like Hitzges, Randy Galloway (the veteran Dallas Morning News sports columnist is on KRLD weeknights from 6 to 8; he refers to his show as "wimp-free sports talk"), and Fort Worth Star-Telegram sports columnist Jim Reeves. Besides writing for the S-T for 28 years, Reeves has hosted talk shows on WBAP, KLIF, and until March 1 of this year, a show on KRLD. "I was dumped," the 51-year-old Reeves says. And perhaps, he concedes, that fact colored a June 19 newspaper column he wrote blasting The Ticket management for firing Chuck Cooperstein a few days earlier.

"I just felt like when Coop was fired, I had the opportunity to say it's too bad the people who really know sports and can talk sports have to lose their jobs," Reeves says.

The Cooperstein incident did engender plenty of anger--especially in the ex-talk show host himself, who says that his sudden termination was a complete surprise.

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2008, 08:18 AM
He was fired. Here's some comments from a couple of different newspapers.

This is bad news for everyone, but especially for Greggo. The P1 will continue to listen to The Hardline, and The Ticket will survive just as it did when Chuck Cooperstein was fired 10 years ago.

"I never could figure out exactly what is meant by the word 'shtick,'" Cooperstein laments. "If I had a shtick, I guess it was that I was the 'higher authority.' [Mike] Rhyner put that label on me, but that's what it was. I know sports, and that's what the show was about.

"And I was sandwiched between Dunham and Miller in the morning and Rhyner and Williams in the afternoon. They have each other to play off of, and they know each other so well. It's hard to be funny when you're alone."

"I thought I was doing what you were supposed to do on an all-sports station. But I guess I was wrong."

The rage against sports radio shtick has been building for years--especially among the old guard like Hitzges, Randy Galloway (the veteran Dallas Morning News sports columnist is on KRLD weeknights from 6 to 8; he refers to his show as "wimp-free sports talk"), and Fort Worth Star-Telegram sports columnist Jim Reeves. Besides writing for the S-T for 28 years, Reeves has hosted talk shows on WBAP, KLIF, and until March 1 of this year, a show on KRLD. "I was dumped," the 51-year-old Reeves says. And perhaps, he concedes, that fact colored a June 19 newspaper column he wrote blasting The Ticket management for firing Chuck Cooperstein a few days earlier.

"I just felt like when Coop was fired, I had the opportunity to say it's too bad the people who really know sports and can talk sports have to lose their jobs," Reeves says.

The Cooperstein incident did engender plenty of anger--especially in the ex-talk show host himself, who says that his sudden termination was a complete surprise.

Again..it still was about ratings...If Coop had been dominating his time slot they would not have cared if he had comedic value or not. But when Dunham and Miller, and the Hardline are winning their slots with some sports and alot of schtick and Coop with his one man only talk sports show is getting killed in his time slot, they are going to want more of what is working

Pick6
10-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
they are going to want more of what is working

And they got it, more crap and less sports.

Twirling Time
10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Chuck Cooperstein

Dude, that was like 1996.

kaorder1999
10-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Though I didnt hear the interview The Ticket has to be careful with Cowboys stuff because arent they now the official station of the Cowboys? Jerry will pull the plug on that quick!

kepdawg
10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
If Chuck Cooperstein got fired for talking sports what in the world is Norm Hitzges doing in his time slot?

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
If Chuck Cooperstein got fired for talking sports what in the world is Norm Hitzges doing in his time slot?

Plenty of stuff like betting, horse racing, and yeah...some schtick too. He does his own little news routine, etc.

And yeah, there is a reason why he occupies the 10-Noon slot.

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
And they got it, more crap and less sports.

And yeah, they got what they wanted.

The fact is borne out by ratings... most people DO NOT want to talk straight sports all day. Not even for a whole hour. I know that several may post on here and disagree... but ratings tell the tale.

Schtick is in program because people like it.

kepdawg
10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Plenty of stuff like betting, horse racing, and yeah...some schtick too. He does his own little news routine, etc.

And yeah, there is a reason why he occupies the 10-Noon slot.

They all have schtick! I love Coop on play by play and on rare occasions really enjoy him as a talk show host. Sadly for the DFW sports fan there is not an all sports station in town. ESPN has their share of schtick whether people want to admit it or not!

jambo67
10-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Coop butted heads with Rhyner and went the way of Rocco Pendola. Coop was holding the coveted afternoon drive-time slot which the Hardline wanted after finding success. Everything worked out perfect. Well, almost, I wish Chuck had Norm's time slot. I blame the Laddie.