PDA

View Full Version : possible semifinal and final matchups in both divisions

charlesrixey
10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Very curious, for two reasons

one, i want to know what all of you think about how the playoffs will shape out in the regions, and

two, i will be coming to texas to watch these games, and it's good to have an idea of what i can be expecting!:cool:

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Very curious, for two reasons

one, i want to know what all of you think about how the playoffs will shape out in the regions, and

two, i will be coming to texas to watch these games, and it's good to have an idea of what i can be expecting!:cool:

Tough to do this far out, charles. About all you can do is look at the enrollment nos. by district for D1/D2 possibilities along with each team's W-L and their state ranking (if any) and kind of guess at the scenarios. Here are the enrollment nos:

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/2008align/pdf/3A_fb_enroll.pdf

Rabid Cougar
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Next to impossible with just one District game played in most cases.

charlesrixey
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
not necessarily

i was able to make a fairly competent prediction a few weeks ago for all of r1 and r2, both divisions.

Abilene Wylie, for instance, is pretty much a lock to make it and go to Div1, where they will be the favorites, pending on whether china spring goes up or down (which depends on gatesville, although word is Gatesville will make it and CS will be in d2)

Liberty Eylau and Prosper could play each other in the d1r2 final (but Wylie would handle both)

I strongly suspect Liberty hill or Brownwood will be the d2 rep

So, assuming celina wins their district and maintains their position at the top of r2 (beating TPG and kennedale if necessary), they would play one of those two in one semifinal

wylie

kepdawg
10-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
not necessarily

i was able to make a fairly competent prediction a few weeks ago for all of r1 and r2, both divisions.

Abilene Wylie, for instance, is pretty much a lock to make it and go to Div1, where they will be the favorites, pending on whether china spring goes up or down (which depends on gatesville, although word is Gatesville will make it and CS will be in d2)

Liberty Eylau and Prosper could play each other in the d1r2 final (but Wylie would handle both)

I strongly suspect Liberty hill or Brownwood will be the d2 rep

So, assuming celina wins their district and maintains their position at the top of r2 (beating TPG and kennedale if necessary), they would play one of those two in one semifinal

wylie

Still way too many assumptions to be made for me. I need to look at the standings in a couple of weeks.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Still way too many assumptions to be made for me.
For real!

kepdawg
10-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
For real!

But others are free to assume as they wish!

I don't want p4 yelling at me again!

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
But others are free to assume as they wish!
So true! I wouldn't even guess our district at this point, much less semifinals.

Rabid Cougar
10-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I will put this out there

19 3 A LaVega will go D1.
Mexia will be D2 and Lorena/Groesbeck the RU

I know that just breaks everyone hearts.

charlesrixey
10-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So true! I wouldn't even guess our district at this point, much less semifinals.

i have a lot of free time to ponder

once my kids go to sleep!

WOS87
10-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

If Connally and Robinson are both kept out of the playoffs (both are currently 0-1 in district play) La Vega will indeed go D1. That would be good news for Gilmer as it's looking like a major collision between Gilmer and La Vega in the 2nd round if La Vega does go D2.

It won't make that much of a difference for WO-S as WO-S would potentially have to play the winner of the Gilmer-La Vega game in the 3rd round if there are no major upsets for the three of them for the next few weeks. We'd probably much rather like to have a second shot at La Vega though, honestly.

cshscougar08
10-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

The way that Lorena is playing, I would say this is a great call Rabid. I don't see Robinson or Connally turning it around later in the year, nor do I see Lorena falling off. Rooting hard for the Leopards to make the playoffs.