PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cowboy Fans : )!

footballgal
08-08-2002, 01:24 PM
As you may or may not know, HBO is running a show called "Hard Knocks". They are featuring the Dallas Cowboys.

Last week they had training camp week 1, and last night they showed week two, it's pretty cool! They air the new show every Wednesday at 10:00pm and replay it on Thursday, at 8:00pm. So for those Dallas Cowboys Fans like me, you will really like this HBO feature. : )

Bulldog92
08-08-2002, 01:33 PM
I agree that it was very good and gave some insight, but I think it was kinda distasteful to show Sam Clemons actually getting cut by Jones in front of the whole world. That was harsh, but I'll still be watching...

footballgal
08-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog92:
I agree that it was very good and gave some insight, but I think it was kinda distasteful to show Sam Clemons actually getting cut by Jones in front of the whole world. That was harsh, but I'll still be watching...

I totally agree with you, I felt so bad for him, http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif as I would hate to be fired and on top of that for it be televised for all of America to see! But,I guess to show all that goes on, in order for us to get the real insight (for those of us on the outside), that's why they choose to film this unfortunate reality. I would think that Clemons would have to have signed a consent for it to be shown???

Jacket2000
08-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Jerry Jones will do anything for a buck. #1 reason Im not a Cowgirl, er , Cowboy fan.
J2K

Bulldog92
08-08-2002, 01:55 PM
I don't think they have consent forms, footballgal. It's just part of the deal. I agree that Jerry's a greedy old SOB, but I like Campo and I root for the players. I'll be partying like a rock star when he sells the team just like everyone else...

footballgal
08-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
Jerry Jones will do anything for a buck. #1 reason Im not a Cowgirl, er , Cowboy fan.
J2K

I agree he is a business man in every bad sense of the word. In my opinion he is what's wrong with the Cowboys! But through it all I will still be a Cowboy fan, through the good times and the bad (been a fan since I was 11). And since he's been the owner not much good has come out. But I am hoping one day he will get over himself and be a better owner, notice I don't say good owner but HOPEFULLY a better owner. As far as the team itself I am really happy with the defense they are really fast and hard hitting and impressive I think they will be better than last year, hopefully we can get something going on the offensive side and maybe Emitt will be the one who will step it up and ignite the offense.

Bulldog92
08-08-2002, 02:23 PM
The key to the Cowboys this year is the passing game. We all know that they will run the ball well, but it would be a lot easier on Emmitt and Hambrick if the opposing defenses had to send that safety back into coverage as opposed to playing "in the box" like they did last year. The defense will be even better if they aren't on the field 35 minutes a game. A more potent offense will solve that problem....

sinton66
08-08-2002, 02:29 PM
The 'boys will rise again, I assure you. BUT, it won't because of anything Jones does unless its let the team run the team. He had his chance to let JJ run the ship, and he blew it! Hope Dallas doesn't get put in the same boat as Houston. Adams was talking about moving the OILERS if he didn't get his way as far back as the mid-eighties. I used to make Houston fans mad by telling them "Let him go!!!!, Maybe the NFL will award you a PRO franchise!"

Bulldog92
08-08-2002, 02:36 PM
I miss Jimmy...lol. He would be a great GM, but it will never be in Dallas, which makes me very sad. He knows football as well as anyone in the league and it's a shame that he's not using his eye for talent somewhere.

footballgal
08-08-2002, 02:40 PM
The key to the Cowboys this year is the passing game. We all know that they will run the ball well, but it would be a lot easier on Emmitt and Hambrick if the opposing defenses had to send that safety back into coverage as opposed to playing "in the box" like they did last year. The defense will be even better if they aren't on the field 35 minutes a game. A more potent offense will solve that problem....

Your right the defense was on the field way too long on the field last year. The offense didn't do much, I agree on the passing I think Hutchison would do better in that dept. he would struggle at first being out so long from football but with time I think he can be a better quarter back than Carter. Hey did you catch those hits by the newly linbacker converted fullback #44 ahh, his name escapes me at the moment, how he dented the other players shoulder pads. How about the rookie #35 former quarterback form Clemson who is a running back now?

Bulldog92
08-08-2002, 03:46 PM
You're talking about Robert Thomas, but I didn't know of the switch to LB. I like Woody Dantzler and I think Campo has to find a place for him somewhere on this team. He'd probably be too similar to Quincy as a QB, so he made a wise decision to switch positions. He's an exceptional athlete and could be explosive as a kick returner. It's too soon to tell how good he would be at tailback, though. A lot depends on what they do with Swinton, too. If he's returning kicks again, then Dantzler might end up on the practice squad. They seem too deep at both tailback and wide receiver to have a spot where he can play much. He's gonna be a good player for some team down the line if Dallas can't find a spot for him, though.

JKLL
08-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Nothing good has happened since Jerry Jones has owned the Cowboys? You've got to be joking, right? How about Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Kevin Smith, Dexter Coakley, Larry Allen, Mark Stepnoski, three Super Bowl Championships, Jay Novacek, Daryl Johnston. The salary cap has been 95% resposible for the Cowboys demise. Jones' pocketbook was resposible for all past succeses and will be resposible for any in the future. If you got good players, youv'e got a lot better chance at being a good team. Like it it or not it is his team. And the reason he and Johnson did not get along is because they are so much alike. Both ultimate Jerks.

Chris Hart
08-08-2002, 08:05 PM
Totally agree JKLL.
3 rings is one more than all the pre-Jones era garnered them.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

sinton66
08-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Don't think anyone's arguing with that guys, we're saying his decision to run the team himself is the problem. Whether you like JJ or not, you have to admit he's a hell of a coach. And yes, it IS Jones' pocketbook. But, it's the fans who ultimately pay for everything. Why should an owner let his EGO stand in the way of what's best for the team/fans/game? They all are equal parts of the NFL.

footballgal
08-08-2002, 09:21 PM
You're talking about Robert Thomas, but I didn't know of the switch to LB.

Yes, Robert Thomas is #44, and yes he was a linbacker converted to a fullback, he's been on the roster 2 or 3 years now. I had the wrong number the number, I was refering to is #48, Zimmerman, I don't know how I could forget that number sine it it was Daryl "Moose" Johnston's number.

Hey TarponFanInNorthTexas; http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif he reminds me of what you looked like when you were in high school, don't know what you look like now, since I haven't seen you for a long time.

footballgal
08-08-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by JKLL:
Nothing good has happened since Jerry Jones has owned the Cowboys? You've got to be joking, right? How about Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Kevin Smith, Dexter Coakley, Larry Allen, Mark Stepnoski, three Super Bowl Championships, Jay Novacek, Daryl Johnston. The salary cap has been 95% resposible for the Cowboys demise. Jones' pocketbook was resposible for all past succeses and will be resposible for any in the future. If you got good players, youv'e got a lot better chance at being a good team. Like it it or not it is his team. And the reason he and Johnson did not get along is because they are so much alike. Both ultimate Jerks.

Most of the names you mentioned have to do with good scouting, but yes it helps that Jones had a nice big pocket book. Like Sinton66 said, it's basiclly him trying to run the team and be that sideline coach, and who can actually tell the coach what to do.

Jacket2000
08-09-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by JKLL:

The difference between the era of which you speak, and the present time is that Jerry let Jimmy coach the team. The players knew that Jimmy was in charge. That hasnt been the case since then. It's hard to get the players to repsect you when they can always go over your head and get your decision reversed. As long as Jerry Jones is at the helm, the Cowboys do not have a prayer.
J2K

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
The difference between the era of which you speak, and the present time is that Jerry let Jimmy coach the team. The players knew that Jimmy was in charge. That hasnt been the case since then. It's hard to get the players to repsect you when they can always go over your head and get your decision reversed. As long as Jerry Jones is at the helm, the Cowboys do not have a prayer.
J2K

I agree with you there, Jacket. Only way the Cowpokes could make any progress is if they made Jerry Jones himself the head coach........but as far as Jerry Jones as head coach material goes, it still won't do the Cowpokes any good.

I'll be watching the pre-season game tonight against Oakland, and to be honest, i'd much rather see Chad Hutchinson starting than Quincy Carter.......at least Hutchinson's english can be heard clearly.

sinton66
08-09-2002, 06:25 PM
Well stated Jacket! Jerry needs to kick back and enjoy his money. If he would have given JJ the same deal Seattle gave Holmgren, Dallas would have set records for the longest stretch of titles in the NFL. But what did we get instead? Darrell Royal said "Will Rodgers never met Barry Switzer".
AND, don't anybody even TRY to tell me it was Barry on #3, it was the players, Barry just got lucky.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited August 09, 2002).]