PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Shaq...

Maroon87
10-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Maybe he should arrest them...

Shaq tells radio station he will make Spurs pay for 'Hack-a-Shaq'
ESPN.com news services

Shaquille O'Neal says he'll get back at the San Antonio Spurs for using the "Hack-a-Shaq" strategy in games where they lead handily in last season's playoffs.

"The only thing I call cowardly is when you're up by 10 and do it. That's a coward move and he knows that and I'll make them pay for it. "

O'Neal said he thinks the "Hack-a-Shaq", where teams foul O'Neal, a notoriously poor free throw shooter, whenever possible late in games, makes the game less appealing to fans. He said he didn't have a problem with the ploy, only the timing.

O'Neal shot 59 percent from the field last season, but only 50 percent from the free-throw line.

There was talk that the NBA might change the rules on the "Hack-a-Shaq" during the offseason, but that didn't happen. O'Neal was asked if he was disappointed the rules weren't changed. "[The strategy] doesn't work," O'Neal said on KTAR. "You know San Antonio tried it but they went home a couple weeks after we went home.

"I just have to go to the line and hit them and make them pay, and I will, I'm not worried."

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"[The strategy] doesn't work," O'Neal said on KTAR. "You know San Antonio tried it but they went home a couple weeks after we went home.

Umm...then maybe it DID work, and they should have used it more later.

aggie
10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
shaq is just a washed up whiner

if he would have spent as much time in the offseason working on his free throws as he did making terrible movies and crappy music....then maybe teams would have quit using the "hack-a-shaq" strategy.

JasperDog94
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by aggie
shaq is just a washed up whiner

if he would have spent as much time in the offseason working on his free throws as he did making terrible movies and crappy music....then maybe teams would have quit using the "hack-a-shaq" strategy. :iagree: :fnypost:

DDBooger
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
maybe he should make his free throws?:confused: :rolleyes:

Maroon87
10-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

That's absurd...it's too easy to just blame someone else.:crazy: ;)

CHS_89
10-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

Yeah DD I agree. LOL! What a concept.

forum_guy
10-15-2008, 01:54 PM
u guys have it all wrong...the hack a shaq rule is stupid...and everyone but spurs fans know it

themsu97
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
well, if he would just make the free throws then they would quit fouling him...

hack a shaq may not be chicken poo... but it has hen house ways...

Maroon87
10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
u guys have it all wrong...the hack a shaq rule is stupid...and everyone but spurs fans know it

Memo: The Spurs aren't the only ones that do it. In fact, every team in the NBA has done it at some point. Heck one team in the playoffs a few years back employed the "hack a Shaq" on Bruce Bowen. Guess what? It didn't work because he proved he could hit foul shots.:doh:

But don't let those minor facts stand between you and a predictable swipe at the Spurs...:hand:

JT44
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
it's just taking advantage of the rules and of a bad free throw shooter.

I've seen it done to bowen, ben wallace, chirs dudley, matt geiger, to name a few, i'm sure there's more

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by JT44
it's just taking advantage of the rules and of a bad free throw shooter.

I've seen it done to bowen, ben wallace, chirs dudley, matt geiger, to name a few, i'm sure there's more

yeah, but "Hack-a-Dudley" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

JT44
10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
it wouldn't even be talked about in the news if shaq wasn't otherwise such a dominant player