PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Spicy Foods and Appetizers?

Bullaholic
10-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm hungry...What are your favorite spicy foods and appetizers? I'd rather eat appetizers than any main course, and I can't eat anything that doesn't have some "kick" to it.

I love jalapenos-raw, pickled, or grilled.

I would eat Tabasco on ice cream. :D

Blooming onions ain't bad, either.

I can eat my weight in Lil' smokies in BBQ sauce.

Trashman
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Jalapenos halfs filled with mozerella cheese and fajita chicken wrapped with bacon and then grilled. MMMMMMMMMMM...........:D

Bull19
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
blooming onions

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2008, 06:22 PM
:mad: :mad: Now I want this!!!!!!!! :(

There's a Chinese restaurant in Austin that has jalapeno chicken in a black bean sauce. It's awesome!

Bullaholic
10-14-2008, 06:56 PM
love good fresh pico de gallo

love red sauce mixed 1/2 ketchup w/ 1/2 horseradish.

piratebg
10-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I like to go to Hooters and oder my "Elvis" hot wings. :)

Actually I just love hot wings all together.

trojan37
10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Fajita nachos! YUM YUM!

carter08
10-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Fried Chicken from Frenchy's in Houston.

If you ever ate there, you know.

GreenGobbla
10-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

There's a Chinese restaurant in Austin that has jalapeno chicken in a black bean sauce. It's awesome!

what is the name of the restaurant

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
what is the name of the restaurant
Suzy's

Antec
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
The Key Lime Pie at Hooters Is To Die For

big daddy russ
10-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Jalapenos halfs filled with mozerella cheese and fajita chicken wrapped with bacon and then grilled. MMMMMMMMMMM...........:D
We had something similar to this at one of the restaurants I used to work at. Shrimp embrochettes (pronounced em-bro-shay)... a grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese and jalapenos. Not much kick at all, but dang were they great. One of the best dishes I've ever had at any restaurant.

As far as spicy food, I'm a huge fan of hot wings, blackened fish, and gumbo. My favorite hot wings come from Hooters (I can pull the meat right off the wing), my favorite fish comes from my skillet (I prefer tuna, but also love redfish and snapper), and my favorite gumbo comes from my mom.

I also like pickled jalapenos and grilled habaneros stuffed with a little salt, cheese, and crust-less bread.

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Fajita nachos! YUM YUM!

hehe...I don't consider those appetizers at all! My wife makes those for me at least a couple of times a month and she can't ever believe how high I pile my plate with chips!

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 10:17 AM
A dozen fresh, cold, raw oysters on the half-shell covered in Tabasco, red sauce, & lemon juice chased by a cold adult beverage of choice.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Suzy's!!! We try to go there every Wednesday.

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
love good fresh pico de gallo

love red sauce mixed 1/2 ketchup w/ 1/2 horseradish. good pico is the best!! I also make a pretty mean salsa from scratch.

I LOVE me some "Range Rattlers" from Saltgrass as well. AWESOME!

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
"Bull Chips"- homemade, thick, deep-fried potato chips w/ Ranch dressing on the side from Stevens St. Grill in Bridegport, ain't bad.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Suzy's!!! We try to go there every Wednesday.
We used to go every couple of months when I worked in Austin. It's been a while since I've been.

RedWhiteBlue
10-15-2008, 11:29 AM
A dozen fresh, cold, raw oysters on the half-shell covered in Tabasco, red sauce, & lemon juice chased by a cold adult beverage of choice.
Yum!!!:D I can't tell you the last time I had raw oysters! And man, the temperature has dropped about 12 degrees here this morning and hot red sauce on them sounds so good.
I'm thinking some loaded beef enchiladas with guacamole and grilled onions are sounded mighty fine, too.:inlove:

STANG RED
10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Just give me a thick cut, medium rare ribeye with lots of fresh cracked peppercorns, and steak fries with a little tabasco, and get out of my way.:D

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
How bout' melted Velveeta with a can of Rotel stirred in and some chips? If you really want to get fancy, throw in some hamburger meat.

sinton66
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
How bout' melted Velveeta with a can of Rotel stirred in and some chips? If you really want to get fancy, throw in some hamburger meat.

Jimmy Dean sausage even better.;)

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Jimmy Dean sausage even better.;)

Don't know that I ever tried any that way, but that does sound great. I know I'can't wear a white shirt when I'm eating any of that stuff. :D

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate shell sauce. (I don't do that guys---but my wife makes it.) ;)

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
We forgot guacamole---nothing better.