PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck...

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 02:12 PM
My drive shaft broke ont he way home. We just had the u-joints replaced. Apparently.... something didn;t go right with that.

Now we get to buy a new everything. Wonderful.

Definitley not my best day so far.

:(

PPSTATEBOUND
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I fel your pain, back around 1995 I just purchased, a street strip 700r4, cost $1,500 new 4.10 gears with posi rear end, cost 800.00 and a brand new ZZIII 350 CI 345HP crate moter from chevy, cost 3,500.......put it in a 1985 long bed Chevy Silverado, did this all at one time......while going down HWY 360 in Arlington at about 130 MPH on its maiden voyage....... I noitced a small vibration........ the vibration then turned to the nastiest explosion I have ever heard while driving a vehicle, I looked in my review mirror to see my now bent completely in half drive shaft bouncing all over the hwy.....pulled over only to find my new transmission had been complety ripped off the engine and the oil filter had been completey torn off also destrying the special ZZIII block, 7 qts of oil, 18 quarts transmission fliud, were spilling all over the road, my new posi rearend was completyly destroyed........overall cost 6,000 dollars down the drain, My wife left me 1 month later, then my beloved Houston Oilers left for Tennessee the month after that.........talk about one bad year........I never thought I would make it thru that year. Youll get thru this I promise......Bad luck happens to good people.

crzyjournalist03
10-14-2008, 02:27 PM
more bad luck...you posted this in the wrong forum...you're due for a tar-and-feathering any minute now!!! :devil:

PPSTATEBOUND
10-14-2008, 02:29 PM
LOL.....sorry:doh:

jason
10-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
I fel your pain, back around 1995 I just purchased, a street strip 700r4, cost $1,500 new 4.10 gears with posi rear end, cost 800.00 and a brand new ZZIII 350 CI 345HP crate moter from chevy, cost 3,500.......put it in a 1985 long bed Chevy Silverado, did this all at one time......while going down HWY 360 in Arlington at about 130 MPH on its maiden voyage....... I noitced a small vibration........ the vibration then turned to the nastiest explosion I have ever heard while driving a vehicle, I looked in my review mirror to see my now bent completely in half drive shaft bouncing all over the hwy.....pulled over only to find my new transmission had been complety ripped off the engine and the oil filter had been completey torn off also destrying the special ZZIII block, 7 qts of oil, 18 quarts transmission fliud, were spilling all over the road, my new posi rearend was completyly destroyed........overall cost 6,000 dollars down the drain, My wife left me 1 month later, then my beloved Houston Oilers left for Tennessee the month after that.........talk about one bad year........I never thought I would make it thru that year. Youll get thru this I promise......Bad luck happens to good people.

maybe you shouldnt have been doing 130 on its maiden voyage.....

PPSTATEBOUND
10-14-2008, 02:30 PM
your not the first one to tell me that, my ex ewife beat everyone to the punch.......:doh: