PDA

View Full Version : Everman-Marlin-Hutch scrimmage report

Matthew328
08-28-2003, 09:27 PM
This was a pretty good scrimmage..Marlin is a definite Top 5 team..and Everman played MUCH better than the last 2 scrimmages..

In the controlled part of the scrimmage, Everman scored quickly on the Hutch 1st defense on a short TD run by Tim Jackson...Marlin's 1st offense got the ball and got 1 1st down against the Everman 1st defense...I believe they went 15 plays...Hutch's 1st offense went against Marlin's 1st defense and didn't do anything either...Everman's second offense scored on Hutch's 2nd defense on a short TD run by Jeremey Cole...Marlin's 2nd offense got the ball and didn't do much against Everman's 2nd defense...Hutch's 2nd offense scored once on Marin's second defense....not sure how they scored...Hutch's offense didn't much against Everman's 1st defense as the teams flip flopped..Everman's 1st offense was the shut down by Marlin's 1st defense..Marlin's 1st offense scored a TD on Hutch's 1st defense it was a long run by #1 I think his name is Lamar...

Then the scrimmage shifted...they played like a rounbd robin type live game...basically if you were on offense you stayed on the field til you didn't get a 1st down..if you got a 1st down on the defense a new defense came on the field...Everman's 1st offense came on the field and gotta couple of first downs against both Hutch and Marlin, then hit a 30 yd TD pass to Tim Jackson against the Marlin 1st D....Marlin got the ball Everman Soph LB Lawrence Alexander intercepted a pass and ran it down to inside the 10 where Tim Jackson had a short TD run against Hutch's D...Hutch got the ball and went 3 and out against Marlin's 1st D....Marlin's offense got the ball back and Tank Smith broke a long TD run against the Hutch D...then Everman's 1st offense got the ball back and gotta 1st down against the Hutch D and then tried a swing pass that was close to being backwards...Everman stood there and the Marlin DB picked it up and ran it in for a TD...and that was about it..whew..

Overall Everman and Marlin are both VERY good...Marlin was without D'Nerian Wrighter who likely will play QB, they had a sophmore at QB....Everman was without FB Robert Moore and TB Glen Burns..both likely wll play next week..Hutch is a couple of steps below Everman and Marlin, their QB is very good though..he has an ARM! For Marlin Tank Smith is a stud, the kid is special...Everman soph LB Alexander was all over the field...he is gonna be good! I gotta chance to meet cunbed10 he is a really cool guy, everyone from Marlin I met was extremely nice..

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

marlin fan
08-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Hey matt thanks for the imformation...i wish i could have been there but i had to stay home and do my FREAKIN HOMEWORK AND STUDY FOR MY FREAKIN TESTS TOMARROW :mad: Im glade you had a chance to meet some people from marlin!!

Matthew328
08-29-2003, 07:13 AM
It was a fun scrimmage...I am glad Everman got to go against someone the caliber of Marlin..I think the scrimmage showed that not only is Marlin for real but also that Everman is a team to be reckoned with..

bulldog65
08-29-2003, 07:24 AM
Good analysis Matt. I was also impressed with Marlin, they looked small, but man can they fly to the ball! As for Everman it looks like the D is in playoff form. I was really impressed with so many new players out there. The offense still needs to tighten up, but rep's will take care of most of the small problems I saw.

cunbed10
08-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Hey! Mathew 328 I think that 3ADownlow will bring communities,people, and football teams together, It's a great way to meet new people and start new friendships. It's funny, when I first arrived at the game the Def. Cord Coach Vincent(Big Dog Jr.)stated that he wanted to meet Mathew 328 and I agreed and I'll be damned! I sat right in front of Mathew328 and wasn't aware, but listening to the conversation behind me, and posting on this board, made me ask; you must b Mathew328? well he was, and a very cool cat, now that we are familiar with each other, we will notice one another at ball games. so hats off to the Moderators of 3ADownlow it's a great way to meet kool people, and spelling cool with a k was my intent, hopefully I get to meet many more 3Adownlow family, because we are family. The T-Shirts idea would help everyone recognized each other, without guessing.

Mad Dawg 20/20
08-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Hey Cunbed10, I was about 7 rows up and to your right last night and didn't even know it. Man you have alot of spirit!!

BLEEDING PURPLE & GOLD

cunbed10
08-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Mad Dawg 20/20:
Hey Cunbed10, I was about 7 rows up and to your right last night and didn't even know it. Man you have alot of spirit!!

BLEEDING PURPLE & GOLDyeah! I'm pretty intense when it comes to football, and basketball, my parents tell me that when I was a toddler, I Slept with a football and a basketball, I think I passed it on to my offsrping, because the 8 year-old kid with the Donovan Mcnabb Jersey on last night was my son and when I say a true sports fanatic he is definitely a sports fan, so maybe you can pass certain traits and genectics down to your youngins :D

everman_guy
08-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Well, I was the guy with Matthew328 last night.

rholl
08-29-2003, 03:43 PM
good scrimmage report Matt.... I feel better after watching Everman play last night. They really corrected somethings that were missing.