PDA

View Full Version : New Massey ratings

Bull's-eye
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Bridgeport #1

http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=stateratings&conftodisp=Texas&year=2008&conf_id1=CFB76376

WildTexan972
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM
"Massey" must be chinese for Drinks Alot

jimmyceatworld
10-14-2008, 01:40 PM
It's difficult for me to take a poll seriously that doesn't even have schools in the correct classification.

BILLYFRED0000
10-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
"Massey" must be chinese for Drinks Alot

No this year it is just a different year. Bridgeport is not that good but that is not really the issue. Noone is playing that good early in the season (see Celina for example) or have weak district schedules ( see LH for example ) which skews the numbers.

Budman007
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
No this year it is just a different year. Bridgeport is not that good but that is not really the issue. Noone is playing that good early in the season (see Celina for example) or have weak district schedules ( see LH for example ) which skews the numbers.

BillyFred, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your comment about Bridgeport indicates that you're not that smart???;)

5wide
10-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Theyre not as good as their record makes them look. They're a good team no doubt. Good Qb and good enough defense to go 10-0 but us from around the wise county area knows you can go 10-0 and not get past the first round. Plus don't they have to play that one team???? I think it's the last regular season game?? ;) ;)

Bull's-eye
10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
It's difficult for me to take a poll seriously that doesn't even have schools in the correct classification.

They do list the teams that were formerly 3A, but notice they don't have the indicator showing they moved up or down. I don't understand why they do this, because it's a little confusing. If you click on one of those teams, it will show their new classification.

frogbacker09
10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
bridgeport is a legit title contender this year. have seen them play and the running back and quarterback are studs

charlesrixey
10-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
They do list the teams that were formerly 3A, but notice they don't have the indicator showing they moved up or down. I don't understand why they do this, because it's a little confusing. If you click on one of those teams, it will show their new classification.

they do it because they messed up at the start of the season and forgot to make the re-alignment changes

charlesrixey
10-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
Theyre not as good as their record makes them look. They're a good team no doubt. Good Qb and good enough defense to go 10-0 but us from around the wise county area knows you can go 10-0 and not get past the first round. Plus don't they have to play that one team???? I think it's the last regular season game?? ;) ;)

hmmm

wonder which team they might be referring to?

;)

rockdale80
10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I could not find Rockdale. Talk about being unranked. :D

Brahma84
10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Rockdale's at 30. Just scroll down on the first page.

rockdale80
10-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Rockdale's at 30. Just scroll down on the first page.

That is weird. I didnt have the scroll bar when I was navigating the page earlier. Hmm. Either the website didnt load correctly or my computer is a piece. I cant count out either. :)

slpybear the bullfan
10-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 5wide

5wide.

YES. We absolutely GET to play Decatur. Nov. 7th. Our house.

And we cannot wait. Oh my... we cannot wait.

slpybear

PS - Your blue tinted glasses are showing through on this post. Yeah, the QB is good. Yeah, the D is good. But also... So is the RB... the receiving core... and... Surprise! We have a pretty darn good kicker. See you on Nov. 7th.

WOS87
10-14-2008, 11:40 PM
A little advice... don't let the #1 ranking go to your head.

That's a chronic problem WOS has had (and probably many others as well). Look what happened to us last week after hitting #1 on any poll for the first time in 4 years. I feel that it's more of a burden rather than an honor when in the spotlight like that.

Congrats to Bridgeport despite the above comments though... and good luck to you for the remainder of the season.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, atleast he fixed the loss that he had given Navasota against Bellville.