PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tigers Path to the Playoffs

Milk That Cow
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I mentioned before the Battle of the Bell, that the loser of that game(which was Rockdale) would not make the Playoffs because Navasota and Caldwell(in my opinion) would be the top 2 seeds in the District...

Well, there is a Path to the Playoffs for Rockdale...

I still don't think they will beat Navasota or Caldwell, but IF Madisonville can beat Cameron friday night, there is a Very Likely Chance of a Three Way Tie for Third Place...

With the Tiebreaker System, Rockdale has a Legit Chance to continue their season...

and in my humble opinion, that is Rockdale's Path to the Playoffs...

bigYoe
10-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Well big boy, Cameron has had 2 weeks to prepare for Madisonville and IMO its not going to be good for Madisonville. Yes they do have Whaley but they've had him for a few games now. If he's not doing good, then Madisonville's not doing good. I respect the Rock and IMO would like for you guys to be in the playoffs (behind us of course) but i just dont see it happening.

Global Swarming
10-14-2008, 05:20 PM
That's the problem with Madisonville. Whaley is all they have. They don't throw the ball very well and their defense is not very good. I don't see Cameron having any problems with Madisonville. What an interesting month of football we have left. It's going to be a dog fight to see who gets into the play-offs.

nunya
10-14-2008, 09:57 PM
From what I witnessed, the M'ville coaches were too busy bickering on the sideline to focus on developing a strategy against Caldwell. That 52-28 score is by far the most misleading of all the Hornets' scores. We absolutely manhandled them.

And I agree that Whaley wasn't played nearly enough even before he left the game. It reminded me of the year Caldwell had Mike Stone, and rested on his ability. Once a player of Whaley's caliber heads to the sideline, it's time to call it a night.

Global Swarming
10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
The only thing I really saw from their sideline is that when they got behind by a couple of scores they quit. That team did not seem united in anyway. I was disappointed in the lack of effort they put forward. I know what you're talking about Nunya. That butt kicking we took from Cuero I think in 94 or 95 in Austin was evident that it takes more than one person to win a championship. Giddings found that out last year also.

buff4life
10-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
The only thing I really saw from their sideline is that when they got behind by a couple of scores they quit. That team did not seem united in anyway. I was disappointed in the lack of effort they put forward. I know what you're talking about Nunya. That butt kicking we took from Cuero I think in 94 or 95 in Austin was evident that it takes more than one person to win a championship. Giddings found that out last year also.

o really...i'm not even going to get started BUT even if you take him off the team they still would have beat Caldwell and still have more kids playing football today

Global Swarming
10-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Look, I'm not trying to stir anything up here. That's not who I am. I was just using them as an example. I'm sure there are alot of teams that rely on one player too much that it's nearly impossible for that player to carry the team to a championship on his own. But please don't get the impression that I'm bashing anyone.

OldBison75
10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Ya'll can put any spin you want on Madisonville. Facts are that they have been very inconsistent this year, defense is not a strong point, and Whaley is the focus of the offense. As far as what these facts mean, how they show against Cameron will probably be on the good side since it is a fight for a playoff spot for them. The defense has had periods of good play and periods of lots of mistakes. Don't underestimate Whaley. He had over 450 yards rushing against Taylor I believe. A talent like that can literally take over a game and control the clock. If he gets on a roll, Cameron may find it hard to get the ball and score. I believe Cameron will win, but this could be the game that throws the District race into a traffic jam if Cameron makes mistakes and turnovers.

nunya
10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
o really...i'm not even going to get started BUT even if you take him off the team they still would have beat Caldwell and still have more kids playing football today

Caldwell 26, Giddings 17 was the only score of relevance that year. And I don't understand Butt4life's rationale. Take WHO off whose team? We were talking about our OWN star player, not Cuero's. They NEVER have one star, unlike some teams who don't require constant mentioning.

Get over your fetish about Caldwell. We don't even play you this year (and before you even GO there, we already had our schedule made assuming Giddings would be in the same district again).

:stirpot:

Milk That Cow
10-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Well, it's Pretty Clear Now...

1 - Rockdale Has To Beat Caldwell

2 - Caldwell Has To Beat Cameron

3 - Cameron Has To Lose to Navasota and Caldwell

Then it will be a Three-Way Tie for Second and Third Place

And it goes to a Point Differential System...

So Rockdale Has To Get It Done Friday in Caldwell, by at least 14 Points....

Or It's Over and Out...

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by nunya
Caldwell 26, Giddings 17 was the only score of relevance that year. And I don't understand Butt4life's rationale. Take WHO off whose team? We were talking about our OWN star player, not Cuero's. They NEVER have one star, unlike some teams who don't require constant mentioning.

Get over your fetish about Caldwell. We don't even play you this year (and before you even GO there, we already had our schedule made assuming Giddings would be in the same district again).

:stirpot:
Global Swarming seemed to be talking about Madisonville. Try reading ALL the posts before you post to remind everyone of your fetish with Giddings. :doh:

nunya
10-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Where have you BEEN. I posted that DAAAAYS ago.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by nunya
Where have you BEEN. I posted that DAAAAYS ago.
I just saw it. :p

nunya
10-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I just saw it. :p

It's OK. I wuv you anyways ;)

Johnny Utah
10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Stone was a player, strong and very hard runner. What ever happened to him?

King_LeYoeNidas
10-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Well, it's Pretty Clear Now...

1 - Rockdale Has To Beat Caldwell

2 - Caldwell Has To Beat Cameron

3 - Cameron Has To Lose to Navasota and Caldwell

Then it will be a Three-Way Tie for Second and Third Place

And it goes to a Point Differential System...

So Rockdale Has To Get It Done Friday in Caldwell, by at least 14 Points....

Or It's Over and Out...

well......considering options 1-3 likely won't happen.......(yes I'm saying Cameron over Navasota. You heard it here first!) sorry Tigers. However....after the showing both Caldwell and Rockdale gave Navasota, Caldwell/Rockdale could be interesting as you know that Rockdale will be playing hard to survive.

nunya
10-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Stone was a player, strong and very hard runner. What ever happened to him?

He played in a Lousiana school like Southeastern or something (Div. II) and did pretty well but not sure after that. He carried the team his senior year, for sure. When Caldwell played Cuero and trailed 30-0 after one quarter, I've never seen someone with so much fire in my life. Our passing game and QB Mendez was salty, too, but even Cuero had trouble containing him. In that game, Caldwell had never really played a team of such strength and never recovered after Cuero's second TD, but we did recover an onside kick in the second half and closed the score to 37-14. Final, though, was 57-20.