PDA

View Full Version : An update on my situation

Matthew328
11-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Check this out..there are 2 other people in the class besides myself who are in the same predicament..one guy has already met with the professor and dept head...and he said they gave him the option of taking a zero for the paper and failing the class..or taking an incomplete and having to do another paper due next semester..of course he took the incomplete...me and this girl in the class have our meeting Friday..

CheerMom
11-20-2003, 10:34 AM
Hope everything turns out okay. I'll be thinking about you.

spiveyrat
11-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Well, I hope they are looking at these case-by-case instead of just lumping you all into the same category. Good luck! Keep us posted.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-20-2003, 10:54 AM
I think we all want to know...are you guilty to a certain extent or not?

Matthew328
11-20-2003, 11:13 AM
The only thing I feel I am guilty of is not being more careful when getting a freinds help...I'll readily admit we used the same sources for the paper..but the paper itself is my paper..all sources are properly documented according to MLA style..so yes I am guilty of being dumb..but not plagerism (sp?)

reptard7isCRAZY
11-20-2003, 11:17 AM
What college do you attend?

BULLDOGFAN
11-20-2003, 11:20 AM
I know it sounds drastic but sometimes logic is not the best route.

I have found when dealing with people of authority that they will find it very hard to say they are wrong unless pushed. I would try that route but at the same time be prepared to file a civil suit against the Professor while at the same time letting the Dean of the Department know your intentions. No one and I mean NO ONE, wins in a Lawsuit. State your case be prepared to fight.

Find a judge and be quick to file the proper papers in small claims suit. It's cheap, it's convienent, and it tends to favor the underdog. In addition it represents your side of the story.

Judges advise to sue everyone and let the judge decide who is wrong. You are not in this to be a friend but to protect your future. It is you against them and if you don't take advantage of the time of the present it will be lost forever from you.

Matthew328
11-20-2003, 11:25 AM
UT-Arlington

olddog73
11-20-2003, 06:51 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
I know it sounds drastic but sometimes logic is not the best route.

I have found when dealing with people of authority that they will find it very hard to say they are wrong unless pushed. I would try that route but at the same time be prepared to file a civil suit against the Professor while at the same time letting the Dean of the Department know your intentions. No one and I mean NO ONE, wins in a Lawsuit. State your case be prepared to fight.

Find a judge and be quick to file the proper papers in small claims suit. It's cheap, it's convienent, and it tends to favor the underdog. In addition it represents your side of the story.

Judges advise to sue everyone and let the judge decide who is wrong. You are not in this to be a friend but to protect your future. It is you against them and if you don't take advantage of the time of the present it will be lost forever from you.Actually the attorneys win, win or lose!