PDA

View Full Version : Which AP No. 1 Team Is the Most Dominant In Their Class?

Bullaholic
10-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Which current AP No. 1 team is currently the most dominant in their classification? Do you think your choice would have a chance of beating the No. 1 team in the next class up?

5A- Euless Trinity
4A- Lake Travis
3A- Liberty Hill
2A- Cisco
1A- Canadian

LHPfactory
10-14-2008, 10:59 AM
If you are talking dominant I would have to say 4As Lake Travis, they have stomped all 4a teams this season and beat a couple 5a teams with out any big trouble.

bigYoe
10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
I would have to say Lake Travis, though Trinity and LH have shown Great Consistency at winning. Plus Trinity is #1 in the NATION which obviously shows they are one of the toughest in Texas.

Bullaholic
10-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I think our own 3A- Liberty Hill with their 30-game streak is the most dominant team in any class right now. Could they give Lake Travis a game?---I'd have to leave that up to someone who has seen both play.

Looking4number8
10-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Hard to argue against a 30 game win streak even if they have played a couple of close games. Really good and dominate teams find a way to win the close ones!

eagles_victory
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think our own 3A- Liberty Hill with their 30-game streak is the most dominant team in any class right now. They havent been dominant in a lot of their wins this year like years past so Ill have to go with Lake Travis.

themsu97
10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
No offense to anyone, but, LT is better that Liberty Hill... Liberty Hill would give them a heck of a game... but LT is better...

ziggy29
10-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
No offense to anyone, but, LT is better that Liberty Hill... Liberty Hill would give them a heck of a game... but LT is better...
It's not a question of whether or not LH is better than LT as in who would win head-to-head.

The question is whether you think LH is more dominant against 3A competition or if you think LT is more dominant against 4A competition.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd go with the Cavs because LH, while keeping a very impressive streak alive this year, doesn't have the look of invincibility they had last season.

bigwood33
10-14-2008, 11:20 AM
The Cisco Loboes have been the most dominant number one team this year.

Cisco- 43.8 ppt per game, opponents 12.7
Cosco- 2467 total yards, opponents 1453

grahampaw
10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Canadian won state in 2a last year and beat the number 1 team in 2a Cisco in the semis doing it.They have the heart of the team back and are now in 1a.

solocam
10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Lake Travis

Chopblock
10-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Canadian won state in 2a last year and beat the number 1 team in 2a Cisco in the semis doing it.They have the heart of the team back and are now in 1a.
The big game is this week against Stratford
Had to reload in some areas though, lost 4 off the O Line, QB(2a player of the year) and Middle Backer

Bullaholic
10-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
It's not a question of whether or not LH is better than LT as in who would win head-to-head.

The question is whether you think LH is more dominant against 3A competition or if you think LT is more dominant against 4A competition.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd go with the Cavs because LH, while keeping a very impressive streak alive this year, doesn't have the look of invincibility they had last season.

Actually, ziggy, I did add a second question to my original thread in which I asked if someone thought their choice for most dominant team could beat the No. 1 team from the class above.

bigwood33
10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw

It looks like a dead heat. These 2 are the most dominant in their respective classifications.

Canadian- 43.0 ppt per game, opponents 9.0

cshscougar08
10-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Lake Travis is the best. And I think they would handle Liberty Hill without a problem. Liberty Hill had issues with Brownwood throwing the football and that's LT's bread and butter. Garrett Gilbert is one solid quarterback. He's next in line behind McCoy to start at Texas for sure.

Daddy D 11
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Lake Travis is the best. And I think they would handle Liberty Hill without a problem. Liberty Hill had issues with Brownwood throwing the football and that's LT's bread and butter. Garrett Gilbert is one solid quarterback. He's next in line behind McCoy to start at Texas for sure.

I agree completly with that statement:clap:

DDBooger
10-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I agree completly with that statement:clap: LT likely won't have any competition until the state championship game. "they are who we think they are" Some Longview posters on the 4A site claiming they have the best shot, hope so, LT just dismantles defenses with relative ease.

cshscougar08
10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
LT likely won't have any competition until the state championship game. "they are who we think they are" Some Longview posters on the 4A site claiming they have the best shot, hope so, LT just dismantles defenses with relative ease.

I don't know if anyone has a shot to beat them this year. I'm pretty sure they are going to repeat.

firstcat
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I don't know if anyone has a shot to beat them this year. I'm pretty sure they are going to repeat.

LT is good, no doubt...better than good...but the fact remains that they didn't want to schedule a game against LH this year. I can't say that I blame them.
A "do you think?" is much better for them than a "who'd have thought?"!!!

DDBooger
10-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
LT is good, no doubt...better than good...but the fact remains that they didn't want to schedule a game against LH this year. I can't say that I blame them.
A "do you think?" is much better for them than a "who'd have thought?"!!! sorry man, LT would be plus 20 over Liberty Hill. They had nothing to gain from the matchup, they scheduled huge 5As and beat them easily. If your statement is an insinuation that they were afraid. Well, you're wrong.:cool:

cshscougar08
10-14-2008, 03:23 PM
sorry man, LT would be plus 20 over Liberty Hill. They had nothing to gain from the matchup, they scheduled huge 5As and beat them easily. If your statement is an insinuation that they were afraid. Well, you're wrong.:cool:

I totally agree. :clap:

charlesrixey
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Cisco

easily

Gobbler Fan
10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
LT would not of gained anything by playing LH in pre district ...

LT would win by at least 14 points IMO:thinking:

DDBooger
10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
LT would not of gained anything by playing LH in pre district ...

LT would win by at least 14 points IMO:thinking: I kept it at 20 to be respectful, but they are likely going to rout everyone by much more on the road to the finals, Cibola Steele may give em a good game cause they keep it on the ground and pound it out, but if LT gets out to a 2-3 td lead, forget it.

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
sorry man, LT would be plus 20 over Liberty Hill. They had nothing to gain from the matchup, they scheduled huge 5As and beat them easily. If your statement is an insinuation that they were afraid. Well, you're wrong.:cool:
5A's excluding a LA private school with 2A enrollment numbers. ;)

I'd have to say if we're talking MOV as dominance, then Canadian seems to get the nod. :)

Eagle 1
10-14-2008, 05:57 PM
He's next in line behind McCoy to start at Texas for sure.
Was his daddy roommates with Mack Brown in college too?

Canadian is the best team in 1A and 2A right now.

DDBooger
10-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
a LA private school with 2A enrollment numbers. ;)
private, short for (able to recruit), besides that same school schedules ALL the tough teams here in Texas including SLC, i think Euless Trinity as well.

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
private, short for (able to recruit), besides that same school schedules ALL the tough teams here in Texas including SLC, i think Euless Trinity as well.
Oh, I know in the past they've scheduled some tough Texas teams. I think you had to be there. :D

DDBooger
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I think you had to be there. :D :confused: :cool: mkay! ;)

cshscougar08
10-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh, I know in the past they've scheduled some tough Texas teams. I think you had to be there. :D

Huh? I'm confused! But yeah that school recruits. But since they are able to why not?

bigwood33
10-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Was his daddy roommates with Mack Brown in college too?

Canadian is the best team in 1A and 2A right now.

Canadian is really good but so is Cisco. We won't have a chance to see these two get it on in the playoffs this year so you are speculating. The numbers are very similar so I think it is fair to say that these two are the most dominant, this year, in their respective classes. Not even LT has put up these kinds of numbers.

Eagle 1
10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Both Canadian and Cisco bring back the nucleus of their teams, and both are really good teams....however dont forget who beat Cisco last year in route to their state championship.;)

nobogey72
10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
My pick would be Canadian.

LHPfactory
10-15-2008, 08:52 AM

Yeah, the score really indicated how well they recruit.

The only trouble LH would have is with Gilberts passing, But they can score with the best of em. Bottom line is they declined and tried to schedule Wimberley (nothing to gain eh)......I think they didnt want to take a chance on what they might loose, the possibility that they may not be able to beat LH and suffer a loss to a 3A, win a 4a title and still be owned by 3a.

LT didnt do anything to Hutto that LH hasnt done in the past few years. Even when 3a , Hutto would play mostly 4a schools in predistrict and come in with good numbers and a winning record and then had it broke off in them the past few years during district play in 3a......

I do believe LT is the most dominant in their class right now from the fact that no one has come close to beating them, however, LT is still scared of LH... and for good reason.....not the bs excuses that other posters have put up.

DDBooger
10-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Yeah, the score really indicated how well they recruit.

The only trouble LH would have is with Gilberts passing, But they can score with the best of em. Bottom line is they declined and tried to schedule Wimberley (nothing to gain eh)......I think they didnt want to take a chance on what they might loose, the possibility that they may not be able to beat LH and suffer a loss to a 3A, win a 4a title and still be owned by 3a.

LT didnt do anything to Hutto that LH hasnt done in the past few years. Even when 3a , Hutto would play mostly 4a schools in predistrict and come in with good numbers and a winning record and then had it broke off in them the past few years during district play in 3a......

I do believe LT is the most dominant in their class right now from the fact that no one has come close to beating them, however, LT is still scared of LH... and for good reason.....not the bs excuses that other posters have put up. yeah LHPM filled me in on that one, that is pretty CS of em. Still think they'd win by plus 20, but doing that makes it look like fear.