PDA

View Full Version : 8-3A All District Players

CatsDen
10-29-2003, 08:00 AM
QB: Glen Rose's Justin Feaster 95 of 170 for 1469 yds and 14 passing TDs with 6 ints. He also ran for 280 yds and 11 TDs
RB: Kennedale's Rex Harper 101 carries for 1140 yds and 22 TDs
WR: Kennedale's Chris Morris 30 receptions for 620 yds and 7 TDs. He also had 33 rushing attempts for 251 yds and 1 TD
TE: Kennedale's Giorgio Bostice 14 receptions for 273 yds and 4 TDs

KTownBalla
10-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Bryan Barrett should be in there as well.

72 of 106
3INT
1208 YDs
16 TD's!!!

His stat's are great considering we are a run heavy team.

CatsDen
10-29-2003, 01:53 PM
I agree that Bryan is right there. I was actually looking to see if Kennedale would have a clean sweep of skill positions, but Glen Rose's QB deserves the nod (even though they throw the ball all over the place).

Kennedale Wildcats
10-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Why does he deserve the nod? His stats aren't as good as Barrett's. Put Barrett in that offense and see what kind of numbers he puts up.

CatsDen
10-29-2003, 03:06 PM
He's accounted for a total of 1,749 yards and 27 TDs (passing and rushing). Although his completion percentage and yards/completion are not as high as Barrett's, he still has the total yards and TDs. Plus the fact that everyone knows he'll be throwing the ball and defenses key the pass from the first whistle. As little as Bryan throws, he does have the advantage of defenses focused on stopping Rex and Weldon.
If I were to argue for Bryan, then I would use percentages and averages as a basis.
Bryan Barrett: 67.9% completion percentage, 16.77 yards/completion, 1 TD per every 6.625 passing attempts, only 3 interceptions
Justin Feaster: 55.8% completion percentage, 15.46 yards/completion, , 1 TD per every 12.14 passing attempts, 6 interceptions

KTownBalla
10-29-2003, 04:17 PM
OK....it doesn't matter...go ahead and give him the nod, it is based upon stats.

Kennedale is more balanced this year...not balanced...but more so...

Barrett is still more efficient, and i betcha if Bryan were on a team that ran a spread offense like Bridgeport did last year (dunno bout this year), his stats would be amazing...

Wildcat2004
10-29-2003, 07:06 PM
What does it matter anyways. Feaster cant lead his team past VENUS. It really shows how much you know about football if you only look at stats, plus any QB can throw for hundreds of yards when u play the teams they play. Lets see what Feaster throws for vs Kennedale and Everman

K-TOWN
10-29-2003, 07:22 PM
u TELL um.. :mad:

LT#71
10-29-2003, 08:41 PM
I was last year this year i didnt fair so well i dont think

KTownBalla
10-29-2003, 08:47 PM
LOL...this years game is gonna be high scoring...for our team...last year the rain slowed us down big time...

CRHSeagle
10-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Poor guys from Carter, Diamond Hill and Godley get stuck with second team.

superfan40
10-30-2003, 03:25 PM
I guarantee that Feaster is a better quarterback than Barrett. He is a coach’s son who got the job because of his name. The only reason he has less interceptions is because he doesn’t throw it as much as Feaster. And I can’t wait to see what he does against ya’ll tomorrow night. I think the rain slowed us down more last year considering we are nothing but a passing team. It is harder to throw the ball in the rain than it is to run it. Also, Barrett couldn’t handle leading an offense without a running back like Harper to be the defenses main concern. Barrett is the main concern when teams play Kennedale, Harper is. Feaster should have gotten new-comer to the district last year, but Barrett got it, once again, because of his name. The only way Barrett will get first-team this year will be because of his name. Feaster is the better quarterback.

bleedgreen
10-30-2003, 08:55 PM
I don't really care that much about individuals as I do about team. How do all those individuals gel as a team?

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: bleedgreen ]</small>

CatsDen
10-31-2003, 07:47 AM
Superfan, I gave the nod to Feaster ONLY because his totals (yards and TDs) for the season are higher. You are way off by saying that Bryan's only attribute is his last name?! Scroll back up and review Bryan's stats. Maybe you should pay close attention to his averages and efficiency! Barrett's completion percentage is 12 percentage points higher, his yards/completion is higher, and his TD per attempt ratio is twice as good as Feasters. Coach Barrett has done a fantastic job of calling the plays and spreading the ball around. Don't be bitter that Rex is the leading RB in district, or Chris Morris is the leading receiver in district, or Bostice is the leading TE in district, or Weldon is the best FB in district, OR that Bryan might just take the All-District title based on his play and the performance of his team. I do not get to vote for All-District players and I only gave the nod to Feaster based on his total yards and touchdowns. The real votes may lean towards the coach's gameplan (run vs. pass), efficiency, averages, leadership, and team performance/record. All of these lean towards Bryan as All-District QB....regardless of his name or his father's coaching position.

CatsDen
10-31-2003, 07:56 AM
Wildcat2004:
What does it matter anyways. Feaster cant lead his team past VENUS. It really shows how much you know about football if you only look at stats, plus any QB can throw for hundreds of yards when u play the teams they play. Lets see what Feaster throws for vs Kennedale and EvermanHuh? They're in the same district and play the same teams (other than non-district). If you don't use stats to compare individuals, then how would you compare them? I hear this argument a lot, but I think it is more of a cliche' than anything else. Please tell me how you would compare players for end-of-season honors?

KTownBalla
10-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Forget about the stats then....who do u think is an overall better athlete...

I don't know his specifics specs...ie...vertical, 40 time, bench,squat, things of that nature.

I still think Bryan Barrett is a better QB, smarter, and is an overall better athlete...possibly...

CatsDen
10-31-2003, 09:50 AM
I have not seen Feaster play, so I can't offer a vaild comparison as far as their athleticism. I also do not know their 40 times, throwing distance/accuracy (other than completion percentages and average yards/catch), vertical (although I can't imagine that would mean too much for a QB), bench/squat, etc. I have no idea what kind of grades either of them are carrying.

I am a big fan of Bryan. I think he has done an outstanding job of leading the team. I also believe that he has done a great job of playing his position, and could take All-District honors. I'm sure that those who do vote for All-District honors look beyond stats alone. I don't know what criteria they use to determine the various positions. The coaches that vote obviously have much more to utilize for their choices (game film, actual games played between the teams, their own preferences, etc).

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: CatsDen ]</small>

mc_roach
10-31-2003, 10:02 AM
12% higher....how many more times has feaster threw the ball. Look for a upset tonight. Tigers are here!!! The superfans will be going crazy! Watch out for our lb's and sec. GO GR!

CatsDen
10-31-2003, 10:16 AM
The accuracy is a percentage based on number of completions compared to the number of passing attempts. How many times Barrett throws the ball does not impact Feasters' accuracy. If you are honestly asking how many more attempts Feaster has thrown? 64 more pass attempts than Bryan. If you are trying to argue that he has had more opportunities to throw incompletions, then I would argue that The Glen Rose gameplan to throw the ball 30-35 times/game should provide Feaster with more experience (which should ultimately lead to a better passing performance). In simple terms, If Glen Rose spends the majority of practice (like they do in games) throwing the ball, running patterns, watching film, and working on timing/footwork/coverage reads...then Feaster has the advantage of all that practice time and experience. Therefor, he should perform better when throwing the ball.

mc_roach
10-31-2003, 10:22 AM
D-fence, and we do run the ball, and pracitce is a lil diff than the real game.

superfan40
10-31-2003, 02:47 PM
All of ya'll from Kennedale kiss Barretts ass just because he is the coach's son. Plus, the more Feaster throws tha ball, the more chances for an incompletion. If Feaster had a running game like Harper and Kennedale, defenses would have to prepare a defense to stop both weapons. Defenses key in on Glen Rose's passing game because we throw the ball "30-35" times a game. The only reason Barrett's numbers are what they are is because defenses spend more time preparing for Rex and forget about the pass. Also, anyone can catch a ball, ex. Chris Morris. I'm suprised he even still plays after his butt-budy Rocky Smith graduated. How is ole' Rocky. Just wondering. Morris is nothing but an unskilled athletic wide receiver. He wouldn't do anything against a good secondary, just like Barrett wouldn't. I just can't wait to show up tonight and break whatever streak ya'll have going, on your field, in your house. I bet our fans will be louder than yours. Just get ready, bitches.

CatsDen
10-31-2003, 03:23 PM
You are clearly an educated man with a very eloquent vocabulary. To complain that your team is completely one-dimensional is understandable. I would be mad, too...if everyone in the state knew exactly what my team was trying to do on every down. It would probably bother me if I knew that Kennedale had no chance of reaching the playoffs - even if last year's visit to the playoffs ended much too early. I can feel your pain. If Kennedale had to look ahead to the two best teams in the District, I would probably start looking forward to basketball season, too. Might as well...If I knew that attending tonight's game would just be a lesson in humility...I would probably be angry, too. You expressed your pain very nicely.

I am looking forward to hearing from you again-after the game.

KTownBalla
10-31-2003, 05:50 PM
Superfan...u almost disgust me...u really do...

All of ya'll from Kennedale kiss Barretts ass just because he is the coach's son. truthfully...being someone's son...isn't anything special...being the presidents child or the AD's child isn't anything special...it's what they do with that child...

Coach Barrett is not only a good football coach, but clearly a good father...Bryan isn't one of those...all athletics and no brains people...I'm sure there are smart people than him, that can better football, but saying that we

kiss Barretts ass just because he is the coach's son is not true...i hope u take back ur statement...

CatsDen
11-04-2003, 12:52 PM
As of 11/4/03

QB: Justin Feaster 117-209-6 1675 yds 16 TDs and 112-386-13 rushing
RB: Rex Harper 119-1292-24
FB: Weldon Brooks 102-769-10 (rushing) and 10-153-1 (receiving)
WR: Chris Morris 34-721-9 (receiving) and 36-279-2 (rushing) and 2 Punt return TDs and 1 Kick return TD (this is all including the 3 TDs he put up against Glen Rose)
TE: Giorgio Bostice 17-321-4

No changes in the selections, but the stats are updated. I can't see any argument against any of those picks. This should be a no-brainer!

CatsDen
11-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Best Offensive Players from the other teams:

Everman
RB: Robert Moore 99-825-10 (rushing)
WR: Tim Jackson 14-395-6 (receiving) and 30-258-2 (rushing)

Venus
RB: Jose Martinez 133-954-13 (rushing)

Castleberry
RB: Gerald Sheldon 89-664-6 (rushing) and 8-79-1 (receiving)

Diamond Hill
RB: Jerome Thompson 169-902-7 (rushing) and 10-57-0 (receiving)