PDA

View Full Version : Palestine Westwood

jambo67
10-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Has anyone watched PW play besides me. I saw them against Brownsboro and they are an athletic team. Speed everywhere and the skill guys have good hands with a nose for the ball. They have some talent. I thought Brownsboro had some talent too and they looked like a possible contender early in the season but Westwood's scoring drives were too deliberate for a team just having a good game. PW is a definite contender for at least a play-off round or two. Brownsboro still looks like a good team and with some tweaking somewhere they may ramp it up a notch. If they do the district looks interesting.

jimmyceatworld
10-13-2008, 08:57 PM
I have not seen Westwood play this year, but last seson their offense was explosive. I think they are one of the frontrunners for making the playoffs. I don't know what to expect from most of the district.

coach
10-13-2008, 08:57 PM
i ahvent seen them but from what i have heard they will contend crockett for the district championship. hopefully brownsborow continues to struggle this week against a tough fairfield squad.

navscanmaster
10-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
i ahvent seen them but from what i have heard they will contend crockett for the district championship. hopefully brownsborow continues to struggle this week against a tough fairfield squad.

Looking at them so far, I would say Fairfield is very scrappy indeed. I kind of root for all those teams, Buffalo, FF, Teague and Leon, since my dad's family is from the area.

As far as PW goes, I think they will win this district. They should have more offense than Crockett can handle. They have traditionally not been that strong, so it is nice to see them having a good run.

mwynn05
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
i ahvent seen them but from what i have heard they will contend crockett for the district championship. hopefully brownsborow continues to struggle this week against a tough fairfield squad. gotta get the special teams straightened out or its going to cost us any shot of making the playoffs

jambo67
10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
What kind of offense does Fairfield run? Brownsboro had a good scheme against the run and pass and played a fundementally sound game but PW just had what it took to score. The Brownsboro offense looked out of sync, like they just instituted the spread on the fly last week.

coach
10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
spread/I/whatevere dalton piske is capable of doing...lol its really a mixture of things mostly either a spread and i formation

jambo67
10-13-2008, 09:32 PM
I like that kind of O. It's a good thing I a'int an HC. We'd run the 'Bone and the the Power-I with a spread out line and trips to the left or right when it suited us. And sometimes we'd mix in the veer. But that's my fantasy team. Good luck next week.

jambo67
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Fairfield finished 9th at last year's state track meet. Any of that speed returning?

jimmyceatworld
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Fairfield finished 9th at last year's state track meet. Any of that speed returning?

We had one person who got all our points at state and he graduated, but we still have some speed. The qb has decent speed. He'll probably have 20 passing and rushing attempts.

jambo67
10-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Was that Gavan Bass? He had impressive track numbers. Did he go to college anywhere, just curious.

jimmyceatworld
10-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Was that Gavan Bass? He had impressive track numbers. Did he go to college anywhere, just curious.

Yeah, it was Gavan. He got 1st in long jump and 3rd in 100m I think. I'm not sure where he ended up going to college. Someone told me McMurry but I don't know how reliable the source was

coach
10-13-2008, 11:49 PM
yeah thats where he is at jimbo slice

jimmyceatworld
10-13-2008, 11:53 PM
yeah thats where he is at jimbo slice

I wonder if that nickname is going to hold up, Baizer the Laser

eagles_victory
10-14-2008, 12:33 AM
He is playing football at Mcmurry right now. Jimbo Slice I think your trying to block that out since he is higher on your girls myspace than you.