PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW: Bandera (4-3) @ Devine (4-1)

R4Editor
10-13-2008, 03:29 PM
District 29 show down between the Bulldogs of Bandera & the Warhorses of Devine!

After Pearsall's stunning upset of the Warhorses in week 5, will the bye hurt or help Devine?

After a few tough losses, Bandera has come out of the gates swining in D29, can they keep rolling this week against Devine?

Thoughts, predictions, or is all you have to offer "this shouldn't be game of the week ...." ???

bandera7
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I went home for the Bandera/Pearsall game. There was only one team on the field really. It was never close, or anywhere near it.

There was a Devine scout behind me, and he looked like he might be sick...

If Bandera plays the way they can, this wont be a game either.

R4Editor
10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
I went home for the Bandera/Pearsall game. There was only one team on the field really. It was never close, or anywhere near it.

There was a Devine scout behind me, and he looked like he might be sick...

If Bandera plays the way they can, this wont be a game either.

Does not bode well for Devine. Can we say that this is a "must win" for them seeing as they still have to play Hondo next week? :thinking:

bandera7
10-13-2008, 03:42 PM
They can win this one and still miss playoffs with a loss to Hondo...they really need Pearsall and Bandera to beat Hondo and then have to beat Hondo, or need to beat Bandera and hondo and have Hondo beat bandera...

R4Editor
10-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
They can win this one and still miss playoffs with a loss to Hondo...they really need Pearsall and Bandera to beat Hondo and then have to beat Hondo, or need to beat Bandera and hondo and have Hondo beat bandera... Ouch. I don't doubt Bandera can beat Hondo, but I'm still not sold on Pearsall being able to beat Hondo! Guess you were right ... winner of Hondo/Pearsall = playoff berth!

sotex
10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure what happened to Devine in that loss to Pearsall. From what I could gather from the stats, Devine had a few costly turnovers and Pearsall played keep-away ball control offense. This week's game between Devine and Bandera should be a good one.

bandera7
10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Pearsall has a pretty athletic squad, and if they get it together they can be pretty good from what I saw the other night. But we didnt allow them to get it together, and on the one drive they might have, I believe we caused a turnover

IHStangFan
10-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by sotex
I'm not sure what happened to Devine in that loss to Pearsall. From what I could gather from the stats, Devine had a few costly turnovers and Pearsall played keep-away ball control offense. This week's game between Devine and Bandera should be a good one. I'm wondering if maybe grades got Devine. They seem to have lost SOMETHING...not sure what.

pirate4state
10-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm wondering if maybe grades got Devine. They seem to have lost SOMETHING...not sure what. That would not have been a factor against Pearsall. Grades came out last week during their bye week.

IHStangFan
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That would not have been a factor against Pearsall. Grades came out last week during their bye week. Injuries maybe? I know I was just shocked when they lost to Pearsall. Wonder what's goin on over in Devine.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Injuries maybe? I know I was just shocked when they lost to Pearsall. Wonder what's goin on over in Devine. Devine and Robstown had similar wins against West Oso +15 and Beeville +16 over West Oso. Is Robstown that good or Devine and Beeville not that good.

Bandera 41 Devine 15

IHStangFan
10-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Devine and Robstown had similar wins against West Oso +15 and Beeville +16 over West Oso. Is Robstown that good or Devine and Beeville not that good.

Bandera 41 Devine 15 I find myself wondering the same thing. I think Bandera is a team that has found itself and is one that will emerge from the regular season in high gear come playoff time.

pirate4state
10-14-2008, 03:37 PM
I find myself wondering the same thing. I think Bandera is a team that has found itself and is one that will emerge from the regular season in high gear come playoff time. Bandera played a decent pre-district schedule and hung in there, had some tough losses, but are coming together at the right time. Still not gonna rule out the Warhorses, but our very own bandera7 predicted this might happen. ;)

bjrod9
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Devine and Robstown had similar wins against West Oso +15 and Beeville +16 over West Oso. Is Robstown that good or Devine and Beeville not that good.

Bandera 41 Devine 15

Im gonna say

Bandera 48

Devine 7

sotex
10-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Unless Devine has lost some players due to injuries I'm thinking the Pearsall loss was a fluke. On the other hand Bandera has totally bought into their second year coach's philosophy and are playing purty darn good football right about now. My prediction is

Bandera 28
Devine 21

bandera7
10-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Coach Prince is a great coach, and an even better man. I was a senior last year, and was pretty upset about the coaching changes. While I did like our old coach, things turned out perfectly for me. Coach Prince really treated us great and did a good job with us.

bandera7
10-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Im getting word that the score is 26-24 devine late in the third...Devine proving better than I gave them credit for. Should be an interesting finish. Not sure if we went for two or not so it could be tied, that is just the word as of now...

bandera7
10-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Final Score Bandera 38 Devine 32. Heck of a game. good game by both sides.