PDA

View Full Version : Celina V. Prosper M&G

CHS_89
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Who's showing up? I'll have the 3ADL shirt there.

South end of the field at half time near the concession stand on the Celina side. Or if anyone can think of a better place, lets talk about it. I look forward to meeting everybody.

Ranger Mom
10-13-2008, 02:25 PM
It will be good to get some Celina signatures on the shirt....do we have any Prosper posters?

Bullaholic
10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It will be good to get some Celina signatures on the shirt....do we have any Prosper posters?

How can you tell one orange "x" from another? :D

DaHop72
10-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How can you tell one orange "x" from another? :D http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

pirate4state
10-13-2008, 02:40 PM
How can you tell one orange "x" from another? :D :1omg!: :fnypost:

CHS_89
10-13-2008, 03:25 PM
How can you tell one orange "x" from another? :D

I WAS rooting for the bulls, lol. Good one though. Bout spit Dr. Pepper on my CPU screen.

Bullaholic
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Those Celina boys will let you go on with them to no end just as long as you don't throw down on the Bobcats. :D

orange machine
10-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Ill be there.:eek:

OldNavy
10-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I will try and be there.

I have been enjoying this board since 2002, was off a couple of years in 04 and 05 and got back on in 2006. I don't post a lot, but I enjoy reading the humor and wit a lot (when there is humor and wit).

I am sure I have met some people who are on this board, but do not know it for sure. Look forward to meeting some of the "personalities" that make this board interesting. I hope they will be there.

Looking forward to a good game, perhaps one of the best this year and there have already been some great 3A match-ups this year!

bobcat1
10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm there. Orange X's only go on the eyes of those teams Celina plays from this point on. See the Orange guy? See the little x's on the eyes? http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9048/violent104pm3.gifhttp://img355.imageshack.us/img355/6641/document2us8.png

ssgmp5150
10-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I am calling for an upset this week! Celina drops it's 3rd game of the season. Prosper wins in a close game with their passing attack! QB Hunter Nix has a career game!

bobcat1
10-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I am calling for an upset this week! Celina drops it's 3rd game of the season. Prosper wins in a close game with their passing attack! QB Hunter Nix has a career game! What world Power beats Flamersville this week? Emory!

block&tackle
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Know that Prosper will not allow people to go from the home to the visitor's side or visa-versa.

orange machine
10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
I am calling for an upset this week! Celina drops it's 3rd game of the season. Prosper wins in a close game with their passing attack! QB Hunter Nix has a career game!

This person has been saying Prosper was going to beat Celina all year long. He thinks just because Prosper whooped Farmersville they are gonna beat Celina. Just for the record i looked back into history at this game and Prosper has had it handed to them. Its obvious that our little Farmsville buddy is not aware of all the trash that Prosper talks every year saying this is there year to beat Celina. He also doesnt seem to understand that over the last few years Propser has started off strong like thiis year just to be disappointed by Celina and the first sometimes second round of the playoffs.

BOCEPHUS
10-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I'LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!

LOOK FOR THE HAT. OR SMELL FOR THE BELL

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I think we should have a tailgate party before the game say starting at about 4:00 4:30

ssgmp5150
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
lol!!!! C'mon guys....I am just stirring the pot here and playing the devil's advocate. It has nothing to do with Prosper blowing us out! I was calling for this back in the summer before the season even began! If they don't, then I will eat a whole bunch of crow, but if they do....Well, then you can say I was the first to call it! I also said you guys were going to stumble with a few games to include Daingerfield....Wow, imagine that....I was right and we we didn't even play Daingerfield!!!!! I am not judging how they beat us up as a measuring stick for anything. I have been saying since the summer that Celina would drop one to Whitehouse, Daingerfield, Prosper and possibly one other pre-season game. The only wrong prediction thus far this season was me thinking our Farmers could hang with you guys, which there is no way they can and I admit that now! My homer glasses clouded my judgment on that one!!!! The other one was saying you guys would drop three pre-season games instead of two. You guys may steam roll Prosper, and if so, I will be the first in line to eat crow, but I honestly think Prosper will make a game of it and very possibly pull the upset here! Regardless, good luck to both teams and stay injury free!

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Prosper will have to play one of the best games they have ever played and Celina will have to play very poor for Prosper to pull off the upset. Im not trying to be a homer, but speaking the truth. I think any team can be beat, but alot of times the better team has to beat there selfs.

charlesrixey
10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
i will give farmersville fans some slack

they did join the champion fraternity last year

but celina will beat prosper

i wish i could be there for the m/g

i'll sign my name personally onto the flag/shirt at some point this year, hopefully while our bobcats are still playing!

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I hear that all Prosper has is there qb. I was also told by a very good source that Prosper did not look that impressive against Argyle.

d0tc0m
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Man I wish I could come in and make this game too! This game will probably be a little better than that game last week. Unfortunately I probably wont make another one until (God willing) Celina makes it to the playoffs, which they should! I'll take Celina by 3 tds in this game. If Celina, Prosper, and Argyle are the 3 to represent our district, who goes D1?

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I sat by you and your dad at the celina game friday, but to answer your question Prosper will go d1.

d0tc0m
10-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I hear that all Prosper has is there qb. I was also told by a very good source that Prosper did not look that impressive against Argyle.

I heard that too, but its just hard to tell. I know Nix is pretty good, but my real question is how is Prosper's defense?

charlesrixey
10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Man I wish I could come in and make this game too! This game will probably be a little better than that game last week. Unfortunately I probably wont make another one until (God willing) Celina makes it to the playoffs, which they should! I'll take Celina by 3 tds in this game. If Celina, Prosper, and Argyle are the 3 to represent our district, who goes D1?

what are you doing in fayetteville, dc? (i think i know who you are)

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Im not to worried about there defense with Charlie, Troy and Jamarque in the backfeild. Its pretty cool its no longer just Troy and Charlie teams have to account for Jamarque now.

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:33 PM
one thing that does worry me is we now have two o lineman out and one for the year. It appears Buchannon tore his ACL and is lost for the season. I think Bidleman will be back in a week or two.

d0tc0m
10-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
what are you doing in fayetteville, dc? (i think i know who you are)

Trying to finish up my senior year at UofArkansas. I actually don't think I've ever had the pleasure of meeting you, but I know who you are, you graduated a few years before me. My dad has met you and sat by you a couple times at a few games though. Well orange machine it's good to put a face to your name too, I'll be sure to say hello next game. If prospers defense can't slow down Charlie and Troy then they're done for.

d0tc0m
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM
one thing that does worry me is we now have two o lineman out and one for the year. It appears Buchannon tore his ACL and is lost for the season. I think Bidleman will be back in a week or two.

Yeah my brother is roommates in College with Buchannons older brother who played for last years team, and he told me the same thing. I hate that. Hopefully Bidelman can get back pretty soon though.

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:42 PM
hey see if you can find out who mis starting in his place.

d0tc0m
10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I'll see what I can do.

orange machine
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
I'll see what I can do.

I sent you a pm let me know if you get it.

BobcatBenny
10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
lol!!!! C'mon guys....I am just stirring the pot here and playing the devil's advocate. It has nothing to do with Prosper blowing us out! I was calling for this back in the summer before the season even began! If they don't, then I will eat a whole bunch of crow, but if they do....Well, then you can say I was the first to call it! I also said you guys were going to stumble with a few games to include Daingerfield....Wow, imagine that....I was right and we we didn't even play Daingerfield!!!!! I am not judging how they beat us up as a measuring stick for anything. I have been saying since the summer that Celina would drop one to Whitehouse, Daingerfield, Prosper and possibly one other pre-season game. The only wrong prediction thus far this season was me thinking our Farmers could hang with you guys, which there is no way they can and I admit that now! My homer glasses clouded my judgment on that one!!!! The other one was saying you guys would drop three pre-season games instead of two. You guys may steam roll Prosper, and if so, I will be the first in line to eat crow, but I honestly think Prosper will make a game of it and very possibly pull the upset here! Regardless, good luck to both teams and stay injury free!
ssgmp5150 has been waiting of this one.

Too bad so sad. Prosper loses to Celina.

It is Prosper's tradition. ;)

bobcat1
10-14-2008, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Benny are you coming to the meet and greet? I will be there.

gatordaze
10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
hey see if you can find out who mis starting in his place.

#85 Brad Dahl- About the same size a Braden. He is a Senior that decided not to play as a Junior which probably did not go over well with the coaches which I am sure cost him a spot. His teammates seem to think he will do well.

BobcatBenny
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Benny are you coming to the meet and greet? I will be there.
I know this is sacrilege, but this is my "Beat the Hell Out of Texas A&M" weekend.

It depends on my Aggie buddy. If he wants to go to College Station of Friday night, then I will not be there. He has the tickets in his possession. ;)

BILLYFRED0000
10-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Now Benny, It would be cool to go watch the aggies get crucified but don't you think it would be just as cool to watch Prosper get the same.

WildTexan972
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Celina blowouts sometimes get dull year after year....waiting till some real competition comes up in the playoffs sometimes does offer Friday night opportunities like dating or poker or traveling to college games....Prosper is not good this year, they just happen to be the 2nd best team in the district....and that field of theirs sucks for visiting teams, so why bother paying them a dime to watch a sorry game at a mediocre field?

and last year that idiot blowin the horn was just overbearing....all the humble talk on earth won't be worth doodliesquat if that fool keeps blowin that horn after each stop or score or 1st down late in the 4th Qtr when Celina is up by 40-50 pts....

CHS_89
10-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Those darn horn blowers, lol!

Who else is gonna show? Celinaproud, where are u? Bring it on to the M&G Friday!!!

charlesrixey
10-14-2008, 07:43 PM
judging from the way they handled Argyle, i would say this Eagles team is much more mentally prepared for Celina than last year around this time.

however, if celina really has grown from its experiences in pre-district, and the bobcats play like they did against Sanger, then i think Prosper will be facing one of the top ten teams in the state in 3A, and i don't think Prosper is ready for that yet

CelinaCatFan
10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I'll be there!

bobcat1
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I know this is sacrilege, but this is my "Beat the Hell Out of Texas A&M" weekend.

It depends on my Aggie buddy. If he wants to go to College Station of Friday night, then I will not be there. He has the tickets in his possession. ;)

RIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT. Still trying to lay low:cool: huh. ;) Somebody is wanting to meet you at the meet and greet or I wouldn't have asked. If you are scared to blow your cover, we are okay with that. See ya ole sacrilegious one. :rolleyes:

d0tc0m
10-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
judging from the way they handled Argyle, i would say this Eagles team is much more mentally prepared for Celina than last year around this time.

however, if celina really has grown from its experiences in pre-district, and the bobcats play like they did against Sanger, then i think Prosper will be facing one of the top ten teams in the state in 3A, and i don't think Prosper is ready for that yet

I would agree with that completely. I think Celina still has a top 10 team, but I understand why the pollsters wont put them up there. Losing 2 pre-season games doesn't warrant a top 10 ranking, but all that rankings business works itself out in the end. But yeah Prosper hasn't faced a team this year thats like Celina, and even though this isn't their coaches' first dance with the Bobcats, its just hard to prepare for what Celina brings.

orange machine
10-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Ihope we have enough horses on the oline friday. It seems the coaches are having to move players around to fix the oline problem.

BobcatBenny
10-14-2008, 11:23 PM
RIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT. Still trying to lay low:cool: huh. ;) Somebody is wanting to meet you at the meet and greet or I wouldn't have asked. If you are scared to blow your cover, we are okay with that. See ya ole sacrilegious one. :rolleyes:
Well, I do like my cover ... But to be honest, orange machine and I hung out at the Whitehouse game. I really enjoyed meeting him and talking about the game.

I am afraid that I have become a fair weather BobcatBenny. I guess two losses in preseason means I get a pass to miss two district games. ;)

P.S. I also met OM's wife. He went way over his head on that one. She is too cute to be married to such an ugly dude. :eek:

bobcat1
10-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Touche' Yes I missed both losses this year. You'd think I wouldn't make a difference like that wouldn't you? Maybe it's the GooGoo Curse Reverse Effect. :eek:

CHS_89
10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
For some reason there was another post started with this thread. Bump this one to the top. Beware the imposter!!!

WildTexan972
10-15-2008, 12:38 PM
several of the replies were moved to the other thread since they were not M&G related.....as 1/2 of THIS thread is not....but hey, if the mods have nothing more to do than that I guess they feel less important.....

kepdawg
10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
several of the replies were moved to the other thread since they were not M&G related.....as 1/2 of THIS thread is not....but hey, if the mods have nothing more to do than that I guess they feel less important.....

Yeah half this thread is about the game! You guys need to keep it on the game thread so I don't have to keep looking at this one! Oh, and I'll wave as I drive by!

CHS_89
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
OK. I'm back on task now. Just trying to keep this M&G thread going in case others haven't seen it.

pirate4state
10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
several of the replies were moved to the other thread since they were not M&G related.....as 1/2 of THIS thread is not....but hey, if the mods have nothing more to do than that I guess they feel less important..... and i guess you have nothing better to do than b&m about us :rolleyes:

chs_89 - have you received the shirt?

CHS_89
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
No, but IHS said its in the mail today. I'll let you know when i get it. thanks!

orange machine
10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
My very first M&G oh i cant wait.

Bullaholic
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
My very first M&G oh i cant wait.

And you'll want to go to more......

You'll find out that people you thought were idiots---really are. :D

Seriously--you will meet some great people who love life and HS football as much as you do.

WildTexan972
10-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and i guess you have nothing better to do than b&m about us :rolleyes:

chs_89 - have you received the shirt?

no I have plenty more to do, but I also am generous enough to work that in as well.....so go whine at me in my PM and let's get that part over with again....

but moving the hijack part was not a bad idea....just sayin

orange machine
10-15-2008, 07:00 PM
no I have plenty more to do, but I also am generous enough to work that in as well.....so go whine at me in my PM and let's get that part over with again....

but moving the hijack part was not a bad idea....just sayin

:doh: your gonna have the mods :flaming: and :foul: if you dont watch it. Then you will be :bigcry: because you cant post anymore.

pirate4state
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM

but moving the hijack part was not a bad idea....just sayin i am so thrilled you think so

CHS_89
10-16-2008, 11:13 AM
bump

BILLYFRED0000
10-16-2008, 11:45 AM
i am so thrilled you think so

I think so to rita....BTW how is the computer treating you lately

Maybe I can hijack this thread again......:D

CHS_89
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think so to rita....BTW how is the computer treating you lately

Maybe I can hijack this thread again......:D

Fred, you coming to the M&G?

BILLYFRED0000
10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Fred, you coming to the M&G?

Maybe.... Probably. It is prosper after all.

CHS_89
10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
One more TTT for those who might not have seen this. BTW, I'll be the one in orange, so look for me, LOL! (thanks P4S).

Rabbit'93
10-17-2008, 10:31 PM
lol!!!! but I honestly think Prosper will make a game of it and very possibly pull the upset here! Regardless, good luck to both teams and stay injury free! This guy called it. :eek:

bobcat1
10-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Good to meet a few from Celina tonight, Pictures will show who showed up. Bobcats didn't thats for dang sure.:1omg!:

CHS_89
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
It was good to meet you as well. Thanks for stopping by, as well as, the others that made it. I'll get the pics posted soon.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
This guy called it. :eek:
He started calling it last summer. :eek:

BobcatBenny
10-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Well ... crap.

That is what I have to say about that.

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Yeah....I don't think so!!! We won! Did you????

What world Power beats Flamersville this week? Emory!

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Man I am tired of being right! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

This person has been saying Prosper was going to beat Celina all year long. He thinks just because Prosper whooped Farmersville they are gonna beat Celina. Just for the record i looked back into history at this game and Prosper has had it handed to them. Its obvious that our little Farmsville buddy is not aware of all the trash that Prosper talks every year saying this is there year to beat Celina. He also doesnt seem to understand that over the last few years Propser has started off strong like thiis year just to be disappointed by Celina and the first sometimes second round of the playoffs.

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Looks like that is exactly what happened!!!!!

Prosper will have to play one of the best games they have ever played and Celina will have to play very poor for Prosper to pull off the upset. Im not trying to be a homer, but speaking the truth. I think any team can be beat, but alot of times the better team has to beat there selfs.

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Looks like Prosper just started a new tradition!!!!!!!!!!

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Thank you for mom for the recognition!

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He started calling it last summer. :eek:

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Okay, all kidding aside, congratulations goes out to Prosper for slaying the giant last night! I have been calling for this since this past summer, but I thought it would be a closer game. I hope all the Celina posters that gave me tons of grief enjoy their crow this morning. However, I would seriously start worrying about Argyle at this point! Man, I never would have thought Celina would have four losses on the season and get 3rd place in their district, but that is a very distinct possibility now!!!!! Good luck to the Eagles and the Bobcats on the remainder of their season!

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 08:47 AM
bump!

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
bump again....LOL!!!!!!

pirate4state
10-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Maybe.... Probably. It is prosper after all. :doh: ;)

The season is still young so all might not be lost Bobcat fans!

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Crow!!!! Crow!!!!! Crow!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

popcorn screen
10-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Celina is experiencing some trouble this year. I havent seen them play since last year. Not going to read this super long thread. Are they playing some young athletes, not getting the bounces, or are they facing some better district comp this year?

gatordaze
10-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Prosper dominated both LOS'. Great game for them. I was glad to see that they didn't tear down their own goal posts. 24 more wins to go to even up the modern series.

sinton66
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
but if they do....Well, then you can say I was the first to call it!

Yes, you certainly were. Can you give me a hand with tonight's lottery numbers?:D

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Man I am tired of being right!!!! LOL!!! I knew after watching their quarterback and a couple of their lineman at some college camps over the summer that they were going to be really good this year! I also knew that losing 22 seniors was going to hurt Celina regardless of what anyone says! So, I played the odds and picked Prosper to win before the season ever began. I thought Celina would have given Prosper much more respect than they did on this board, but I suppose they respect the heck out of them now!!!!

Originally posted by sinton66
Yes, you certainly were. Can you give me a hand with tonight's lottery numbers?:D

kepdawg
10-18-2008, 12:30 PM
It cracks me up how excited some people get when a team loses!

sinton66
10-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Man I am tired of being right!!!! LOL!!! I knew after watching their quarterback and a couple of their lineman at some college camps over the summer that they were going to be really good this year! I also knew that losing 22 seniors was going to hurt Celina regardless of what anyone says! So, I played the odds and picked Prosper to win before the season ever began. I thought Celina would have given Prosper much more respect than they did on this board, but I suppose they respect the heck out of them now!!!!

I didn't mean that to sound like you were just lucky.;)

JR2004
10-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It cracks me up how excited some people get when a team loses!

Why? You know full well that 99.9 percent of the excitement over certain teams losing is due to a small percentage of a team's fanbase (Usually the bandwagon part of the fanbase, which is the case here.) that acts like jackasses and makes people want to see that team lose.

Ranger Mom
10-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Why? You know full well that 99.9 percent of the excitement over certain teams losing is due to a small percentage of a team's fanbase (Usually the bandwagon part of the fanbase, which is the case here.) that acts like jackasses and makes people want to see that team lose.

Amen, Amen & Amen!!!:clap: :clap:

kepdawg
10-18-2008, 12:53 PM

And that whole phenomenon cracks me up!

JR2004
10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
And that whole phenomenon cracks me up!

Still don't really understand why. It's pretty normal behavior from high school on up to the pros for fans to want to see a team lose because of obnoxious fans.

Here's an example. Do I care anything about the Patriots? No. Do I enjoy seeing them lose? Yes and it's because of their ridiculous bandwagon fanbase that is so darned annoying.

pirate4state
10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
And that whole phenomenon cracks me up! well i'm glad something does!

kepdawg
10-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Still don't really understand why. It's pretty normal behavior from high school on up to the pros for fans to want to see a team lose because of obnoxious fans.

Here's an example. Do I care anything about the Patriots? No. Do I enjoy seeing them lose? Yes and it's because of their ridiculous bandwagon fanbase that is so darned annoying.

And I am amused that people would enjoy seeing a team lose because of the teams fans. I just think it's silly!

kepdawg
10-18-2008, 01:00 PM
well i'm glad something does!

You crack me up too!

JR2004
10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
And I am amused that people would enjoy seeing a team lose because of the teams fans. I just think it's silly!

My question for you would be this then. You yourself don't particularly care for a certain team's bandwagon fans so do you find yourself to be silly as well?

kepdawg
10-18-2008, 01:06 PM
My question for you would be this then. You yourself don't particularly care for a certain team's bandwagon fans so do you find yourself to be silly as well?

Yes!

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 02:08 PM
bump

bobcat1
10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Okay, all kidding aside, congratulations goes out to Prosper for slaying the giant last night! I have been calling for this since this past summer, but I thought it would be a closer game. I hope all the Celina posters that gave me tons of grief enjoy their crow this morning. However, I would seriously start worrying about Argyle at this point! Man, I never would have thought Celina would have four losses on the season and get 3rd place in their district, but that is a very distinct possibility now!!!!! Good luck to the Eagles and the Bobcats on the remainder of their season! Do you think y'all can still get out of yours? Flamersville LMAO at you!

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 03:23 PM
That is about the most lame comment I have read in quite some time......lol That was one heck of a comeback!!!!! Geez, are your little feelings hurt!!! I hope it hurts something fierce! This has nothing to do with Farmersville other than that is the high school team that I follow and root for. This has everything to do with Prosper not just beating Celina, but whooping your butts up and down the field for four quarters of play! Try sucking it up and admitting you were beaten by a better team and cut out the lame loser comebacks and eat your crow and be humble for once in your life and quit making excuses! Man! Give me a break! That is about as lame as they come! You have got to hide behind the fact that I support the Farmers WIN OR LOSE and draw attention away from your Bobcats and re-direct it at me and my hometeam! I have been calling for Celina to lose several games this season! You just can't take the fact that there was some validity to my statements, whether educated guesses or simply being lucky! Either way, get over it! You guys lost and now it is time to rub it in a bit and make sure it stings really good for all you arrogant and ego maniac Celina posters that were boasting of how Prosper would hang their heads in disgust by halftime and roll over and that you guys would whoop up on em by 40 plus points, etc!!!! Man, quit being a sore loser!!!

kepdawg
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM
That is about the most lame comment I have read in quite some time......lol That was one heck of a comeback!!!!! Geez, are your little feelings hurt!!! I hope it hurts something fierce! This has nothing to do with Farmersville other than that is the high school team that I follow and root for. This has everything to do with Prosper not just beating Celina, but whooping your butts up and down the field for four quarters of play! Try sucking it up and admitting you were beaten by a better team and cut out the lame loser comebacks and eat your crow and be humble for once in your life and quit making excuses! Man! Give me a break! That is about as lame as they come! You have got to hide behind the fact that I support the Farmers WIN OR LOSE and draw attention away from your Bobcats and re-direct it at me and my hometeam! I have been calling for Celina to lose several games this season! You just can't take the fact that there was some validity to my statements, whether educated guesses or simply being lucky! Either way, get over it! You guys lost and now it is time to rub it in a bit and make sure it stings really good for all you arrogant and ego maniac Celina posters that were boasting of how Prosper would hang their heads in disgust by halftime and roll over and that you guys would whoop up on em by 40 plus points, etc!!!! Man, quit being a sore loser!!!

So do you want them to get over it as you say or do you want to rub it in? I don't blame you! I wouldn't want to talk about Farmersville right now either!

bobcat1
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM
I am not sore, I asked a question. Do we get your district 1st round anyway possible? I know we go D2 if we get out. Let us know old wise one, how that match up would be with your winners against our losers.

bobcat1
10-18-2008, 03:29 PM
FYI Notice the time of Crow consumption V.I.

bobcat1
All-American

Member #: 6461

Absolutely the worst Celina has ever looked in my time watching them. Wow! I want this crow raw with feathers, beaks, feet and guts. I don't want to ever forget this.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-17-2008 10:51 PM

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I will be honest and realistic here. If we did meet, you guys would more than likely beat us up pretty good. You will get no arguments out of me on that. I will be the first to eat all the crow in the world in regards to making pre-season claims that we were going to be great, etc....The bottom line is we are an average team at best. We may win our distrct and we may not. Regardless, I do believe we will make the playoffs and will probably be one and done. Anything beyond that is gravy. Why is that.....I am a realist. As soon as I had my "eyes" opened after the Winnsboro loss, I realized that we were nowhere near as good as I thought we were and I removed my "homer" glasses and accepted reality. We are a better team today than we were seven weeks ago, however we still have a long way to go to be competitive in the playoffs. I can accept facts when they are in front of me, but it just seems that a small minority of you Celina posters on this thread can't do that. With losses to Daingerfield and Whitehouse, you guys were dismissing Prosper as a pushover. After they beat you, you were still making excuses by throwing lame comebacks about Farmersville, etc... I just hope that you guys have had your "eyes" opened like I did, and that you guys are humble enough to accept it and look at it with a realistic perspective and quit making lame comebacks about Farmersville who has nothing to do with this and simply accept the fact that a better team dominated you guys Friday night! Quit being so arrogant and cocky and learn a bit of humility and I bet a lot more respect and empathy would be given to the Bobcats after a loss!

bobcat1
10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I will be honest and realistic here. If we did meet, you guys would more than likely beat us up pretty good. You will get no arguments out of me on that. I will be the first to eat all the crow in the world in regards to making pre-season claims that we were going to be great, etc....The bottom line is we are an average team at best. We may win our distrct and we may not. Regardless, I do believe we will make the playoffs and will probably be one and done. Anything beyond that is gravy. Why is that.....I am a realist. As soon as I had my "eyes" opened after the Winnsboro loss, I realized that we were nowhere near as good as I thought we were and I removed my "homer" glasses and accepted reality. We are a better team today than we were seven weeks ago, however we still have a long way to go to be competitive in the playoffs. I can accept facts when they are in front of me, but it just seems that a small minority of you Celina posters on this thread can't do that. With losses to Daingerfield and Whitehouse, you guys were dismissing Prosper as a pushover. After they beat you, you were still making excuses by throwing lame comebacks about Farmersville, etc... I just hope that you guys have had your "eyes" opened like I did, and that you guys are humble enough to accept it and look at it with a realistic perspective and quit making lame comebacks about Farmersville who has nothing to do with this and simply accept the fact that a better team dominated you guys Friday night! Quit being so arrogant and cocky and learn a bit of humility and I bet a lot more respect and empathy would be given to the Bobcats after a loss!

Dude, get a life. I already said Celina was owned last night on another site. I ate my crow here last night. You come slinging crap today. I don't lose well but I did last night. It was very obvious the Bobcats got beat badly by the better team last night. I asked you a question about Farmersville. I am done with you. This is senseless. We'll chat another day ssgmp5150. Does that stand for Staff Seargant Gomer Pyle 5150? :D

ssgmp5150
10-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Nope, just a vet here that's all

ssgmp5150
10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
:p

Pick6
10-20-2008, 11:20 AM
:p

How's Farmerville doing this year? I'm willing to bet Celina's 1st go around in 3A will be better than Farmersville's 1st season in 3A.

ssgmp5150
10-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Farmersville is doing just fine! How about Celina, which is what this thread is about! :p

Daddy D 11
10-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Farmersville is doing just fine! How about Celina, which is what this thread is about! :p

I'm pretty sure Celina is alright, most programs would die to only have 10 or so loses in the last 10 years.

And obviously Farmersville isn't doing fine if you are already saying that Celina would whip the snot out of 'em?:thinking:

So if I was you, I'd let them be..Because those boys will still be playing come December.

ssgmp5150
10-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I can assure you they will not be playing in December! I am giving grief to all the Celina posters that were sooooooooooo cocky and arrogant and saying I was crazy to say that Prosper could beat them! Just giving them a serving of humble pie with a side order of crow! Our Farmers will be fine and if we did meet them I would not bet against Celina, but they are not going to win another title this year, and that I would be willing to make a wager on!

Daddy D 11
10-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I can assure you they will not be playing in December! I am giving grief to all the Celina posters that were sooooooooooo cocky and arrogant and saying I was crazy to say that Prosper could beat them! Just giving them a serving of humble pie with a side order of crow! Our Farmers will be fine and if we did meet them I would not bet against Celina, but they are not going to win another title this year, and that I would be willing to make a wager on!

They don't have to win a title to be playing in December.

Pick6
10-20-2008, 01:18 PM

That comment was about Celina, and Farmersville. Celina got their "humble pie" or "crow" whatever you wanna call it. They have moved on, it's about time that you do also.

pirate4state
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
That comment was about Celina, and Farmersville. Celina got their "humble pie" or "crow" whatever you wanna call it. They have moved on, it's about time that you do also. No kidding! Especially since he made himself scarce at the beginning of the season with the Farmers were losing! :rolleyes:

ssgmp5150
10-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I am letting it die! Goodness!!! I will eat all the crow in the world for boasting about the Farmers before the season began. I will be the first to admit that we are nowhere near as good as originally thought!!! I am just giving Celina posters a hard time....thats all!!!! This is the last you will hear on it....I am not ready to say that Argyle upsets the Bobcats this season, but boy, that is sure going to be a tough game! Anyway, enough said! Good luck on the remainder of the season!

CHS_89
10-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Deep cleansing breath people!!! LOL a Bobcat1. It was good to meet you at the M&G. Maybe we can have a Celina/FV M&G, lol!!!

BleedOrange
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
I am letting it die! Goodness!!! I will eat all the crow in the world for boasting about the Farmers before the season began. I will be the first to admit that we are nowhere near as good as originally thought!!! I am just giving Celina posters a hard time....thats all!!!! This is the last you will hear on it....I am not ready to say that Argyle upsets the Bobcats this season, but boy, that is sure going to be a tough game! Anyway, enough said! Good luck on the remainder of the season!

I realize you are very satisfied that one of your predictions came true. It proves that even a blind squirrel can find a nut. I believe that Celina still has a lot of football to play and if the Bobcats are lucky they may get to meet the boys from Farmersville. The Bobcats played poorly against Prosper and Prosper deserves credit. I am certain the Bobcats would like another crack at them this year but it will not happen. As such, they must look to the next few weeks and then playoffs. I can guarantee you they WILL be playing in December. I am not certain how much further than that they will go. It really depends on adjustments and getting rid of the injury bug. I am prepared to receive the eat crow email if they do not play in December but I like my chances.

ssgmp5150
10-20-2008, 04:45 PM
No more harassing of the Bobcat faithful! I promise! Seriously, good luck on the remainder of your season!

BleedOrange
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
No more harassing of the Bobcat faithful! I promise! Seriously, good luck on the remainder of your season!

Best of luck to Farmersville also! Maybe we will play week 3 in the playoff if I have my potential matchups correct. If Farmersville were to win I could have a double dose of crow. Losing to Farmersville and not playing in December. Good luck again!

orange machine
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM

Hey boy you and all your running mates that love seeing the Bobcats lose becuase of there tradition better get all your licks in this year. The Bobcats return 23 players next year and most of those boys see tones of playing time so they will be ready. So for you hatters injoy it now.:flaming:

JR2004
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey boy you and all your running mates that love seeing the Bobcats lose becuase of there tradition better get all your licks in this year. The Bobcats return 23 players next year and most of those boys see tones of playing time so they will be ready. So for you hatters injoy it now.:flaming:

Spell check is your friend.

orange machine
10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Spell check is your friend.

Oh boy the spelling police is out.

JR2004
10-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh boy the spelling police is out.

You spelled everything right! I told you it was your friend! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
10-20-2008, 06:54 PM
You spelled everything right! I told you it was your friend! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You must be a "#10" per the "posting style" thread!!

bobcat1
10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Deep cleansing breath people!!! LOL a Bobcat1. It was good to meet you at the M&G. Maybe we can have a Celina/FV M&G, lol!!! I'd dang sure like to meet whatever is on the end of the prod once and shake his hand a little while.:D Good meeting you too. Those crappie in Ray Roberts are in for a slaughter now. ;)

charlesrixey
10-20-2008, 07:09 PM
anyone have a rough number on how many starters will return next year for the cats?

coachkiss
10-20-2008, 07:46 PM
On defense, you will have a 4 or 5. On offense, you will have 3 or 4.

BleedOrange
10-20-2008, 07:46 PM
My count is 14 but not sure on a couple of the positions. Counting the 2 freshmen getting starting time right now it would be 16.

coachkiss
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Ok, let's see where I'm off...

Defense - 45, 1, 52, 44
Offense - 10, 70, 71

Where am I off?

orange machine
10-20-2008, 08:03 PM
We have 21 players coming back. 7 on offense and 4 on defense.
Now keep in mind that the others that dont start see alot of playing time aswell. With 21 players coming back 2 of them freshman who are starting and and i believe 5 sophmores that all have a large amount of playing time this year, then the other 14 juniors and all the jv that will move up we should have a big team and good talent to pick from. I think Celina should be back to its old ways by next year. The biggest problem with this team is the depth on the Oline. The last few years we have had atleast 10 Olinemen that could start for any team in the state and they were all big boys over 220 pounds. This year we dont have that depth or size. Next year we should get both back. Jordan Roos our freshman starting left tackle is 6'4 250 he will get alot stronger and bigger. Then you have John Jackson starting at right tackle who is 6'2 235 he also will get bigger and stronger. Who starts from that point i huave no idea, but we have two big kids so far. Next year will be alot different.

orange machine
10-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Ok, let's see where I'm off...

Defense - 45, 1, 52, 44
Offense - 10, 70, 71

Where am I off?

Defense- 45, 1, 52,44, 6, 60, 14

Offesne- 21, 10, 70, 71

and dont forget about the other boys who dont start, but see good playing time.

coachkiss
10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Color me a little skeptical. I'm a big Celina homer, but we have a lot of talent to replace from this year.

You lose the top two running backs in the area, one of the area's best defensive backs, and the interior of your offensive line, and it's going to be tough sledding. Add on top of that the schedule we have, and it will be tough. Tougher row to hoe than this year, I'm afraid.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I will have to wait and see. The JV is outstanding, but they will be thrown into the fire during the first few weeks of the season. How quickly they mature and get up to speed will determine how the season goes.

BleedOrange
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
You may not be wrong but on defense I believe that Lavey, Perez, Newman, Sandler, Romero and Aragamanti (spelling?) all start with a lot of platooning on the D-Line. Of wihich a lot are underclassmen. I believe the senior starters on a regular basis are Lavey, Ruiz, Carey, and Babb.

On offense you have senior starters McCartney, Waldrep, Stout, Rose, James.Buchanan, andBidelman. However, underclassment have been getting a lot of starts (Roos, Simmons, etc.).

Does any of that help you?

BleedOrange
10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Color me a little skeptical. I'm a big Celina homer, but we have a lot of talent to replace from this year.

You lose the top two running backs in the area, one of the area's best defensive backs, and the interior of your offensive line, and it's going to be tough sledding. Add on top of that the schedule we have, and it will be tough. Tougher row to hoe than this year, I'm afraid.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I will have to wait and see. The JV is outstanding, but they will be thrown into the fire during the first few weeks of the season. How quickly they mature and get up to speed will determine how the season goes.

Next years team will potentially be better based upon my observations. It will be tough to replace the backfield but I believe it can be accomplished. The defense will be much better and the offense will go as the line goes. I think the line has the chance to be better with Roos, Jackson, Newman, Kimbrell, Fineout, etc. Another year of maturity with Simmons and I think the backfield problem is partially resolved. The current JV running back will also help along with Romero. I would imagine a lot of players getting some time fullback.

These are my best guesses and please do not count out this year's team. I believe they will surprise a few before they are finished this season. They are a fine bunch of kids and I am never surprised at what they can accomplish.

BleedOrange
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Defense- 45, 1, 52,44, 6, 60, 14

Offesne- 21, 10, 70, 71

and dont forget about the other boys who dont start, but see good playing time.

Your math is better than mine. I gave some credit to some underclassmen starting for injured players have missed a good portion of the season. I like the sound of 14 to 16 as it give long term comfort. But you number is probably the more accurate.

orange machine
10-20-2008, 09:35 PM
I think we will be much improved on the oline next season. We have some good talent on the jv line that can fill the gap not to mention Roos and Jackson coming back. At running back Simmons will do a great job with some other jv runningback moving up that will be able to get it done. On defense the dline should be much better aswell. Newman being only a shopmore this year is a big kid at 6'0 234 lbs. Newman will get alot bigger and stronger by next season he will be more like 250lbs of alot of muscle. The ? in my eyes for next season is our secondary. I have no idea who will play there. What people need to realize we only have 1 player on our oline who was a starter last season in Rose the rest of the boys just got to start this year. On the dline none of those boys were on varsity last season either. Next year we will have lots of game time experiance and should be much imporved.

orange machine
10-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Here is some news also out of the 40 players on the varsity 28 of them have never played at the varsity level. 14 of our starters have either not played on the varsity or were backups last season and did not start. From last years team we only have 8 starters.