PDA

View Full Version : Is there a vet on the board?

CHS_CG
10-13-2008, 09:37 AM
I need some advice for my dog. Sadie has managed somehow to mess up her leg but she is letting us touch all around it and isnt yelping or biting at us, But she wont put anyway weight on it. I thought she was getting better last night bc she went to chase a car (full speed on 3 legs) but today it seems to be bothering her more today. Is her leg broken?

Ranger Mom
10-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I need some advice for my dog. Sadie has managed somehow to mess up her leg but she is letting us touch all around it and isnt yelping or biting at us, But she wont put anyway weight on it. I thought she was getting better last night bc she went to chase a car (full speed on 3 legs) but today it seems to be bothering her more today. Is her leg broken?

Chasing cars is what may have put her in the position to have a broken leg!!

I had a dog once that was acting like that...come to find out, it wasn't his leg but his hip (where my stupid ex husband kicked him..with steel toed bootes... and broke it in two)....he ended up having to have surgery and have pins put in it....he never walked on that leg again!!

IHStangFan
10-13-2008, 09:48 AM
If you don't have this question answered by the time my wife gets home, I'll have her respond. She spent about 13+ yrs as a vet tech.

CHS_CG
10-13-2008, 09:58 AM
I am almost sure she did it chasin cars, shes not very bright but I love her! She has 2 spots on the inside of her leg that were bleeding and we cleaned them and wrapped it up. She has tore the top one off, or it fell off, but I am the only one home and cant very well get her to sit still and put the bandages back on. I have an apt at 2 with the vet, and HornetMom is gunna come home at noon to help me get her there. I just hope its not broken, and hope it doesnt cost more than I have available on my credit card!

Ranger Mom
10-13-2008, 10:12 AM
I am almost sure she did it chasin cars, shes not very bright but I love her! She has 2 spots on the inside of her leg that were bleeding and we cleaned them and wrapped it up. She has tore the top one off, or it fell off, but I am the only one home and cant very well get her to sit still and put the bandages back on. I have an apt at 2 with the vet, and HornetMom is gunna come home at noon to help me get her there. I just hope its not broken, and hope it doesnt cost more than I have available on my credit card!

WOW!! I hope after all this she quits barking at night....I would hate for you to spend all this money and then your dad end up "getting rid" of her!!

CHS_CG
10-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! I hope after all this she quits barking at night....I would hate for you to spend all this money and then your dad end up "getting rid" of her!!

She was pretty calm last night. No barking at all.

Ranger Mom
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
She was pretty calm last night. No barking at all.

Probably in too much pain!:(

Phil C
10-13-2008, 11:51 AM
You need to take the dog to a vet.

Ranger Mom
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You need to take the dog to a vet.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have an apt at 2 with the vet, and HornetMom is gunna come home at noon to help me get her there. I just hope its not broken, and hope it doesnt cost more than I have available on my credit card!

Old Green
10-13-2008, 03:07 PM
I need some advice for my dog. Sadie has managed somehow to mess up her leg but she is letting us touch all around it and isnt yelping or biting at us, But she wont put anyway weight on it. I thought she was getting better last night bc she went to chase a car (full speed on 3 legs) but today it seems to be bothering her more today. Is her leg broken? My little poodle has severe arthritis in her hip. she dislocated it running a couple years ago. Sometimes she skips around on 3 legs.

CHS_CG
10-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, we got back from the vet. She is ok, leg isnt broken, nothing dislocated, they cleaned where she cut her leg open and put some medicine on it and wrapped it back up. She is already acting like it is feeling better. As soon as we got home she went to chase the cat:rolleyes:

I need to take her to the vet more often, I have never seen my dog bahave so well!

Ranger Mom
10-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, we got back from the vet. She is ok, leg isnt broken, nothing dislocated, they cleaned where she cut her leg open and put some medicine on it and wrapped it back up. She is already acting like it is feeling better. As soon as we got home she went to chase the cat:rolleyes:

I need to take her to the vet more often, I have never seen my dog bahave so well!

That's good!! :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
I had a problem with 1 of my dogs today, also. He got out and a went around front and got into my garbage, and strowed it all over the street. One of my neighbors called and told me about it, so I went home and picked it all up.

Sure hope the garbageman doesn't have a fit if that dog moves around in that garbage bag a lot. :D

Sure glad your dog is allright. (BTW--I would have to leave home if I ever did anything (which I wouldn't) to either of those dogs.)