PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW: Gilmer @ Chapel Hill

R3Editor
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Gilmer travels to Chapel Hill in a game that will most likely decide the district championship in 17-3A. Who ya got?:clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I'll take Gilmer by 7.

Buckeye1980
10-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Gilmer 34-28.....

Aesculus gilmus
10-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Gilmer 49
Chapel Hill 21

waterboy
10-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Gilmer wins this one. Ain't sure by how much, but they will win. I think it depends on how sharp they are on offense and defense. With the youth on this team, they can be a little inconsistent. Even then I think the Buckeyes are good enough to pull off the win in this one.

Pawdaddy
10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I think Gilmer wins this one...............I think it depends on how sharp they are on offense and defense.

Can we nominate for quote of the day here?:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

waterboy
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
Can we nominate for quote of the day here?:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Do you even watch football? Sharp as in consistent. The only game that the Buckeyes have played almost flawless was the Daingerfield game. It'll take that kind of effort this week against Chapel Hill. Yeah, you can quote me on that!

easttexas3a
10-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Should be a very good game. Chapel hill has a game changer in Tucker, and I am not sure Gilmer will be able to hold him. Chapel Hill will score there points and put up their yards but I think Gilmer will be able to dominate Chapel hills defense. Gilmer 42 Chapel hill 28.

Pawdaddy
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Yeah, you can quote me on that!

...and special teams, and coaching, and etc, etc, etc.

Easy there, Waterboy! I do watch Buckeye football. The fact is, if you saw the Liberty Eylau game, you know that if they had stayed with the direct snap and just ran right at us the whole game, we would have been in a world of hurt. They had the talent to do it but did not stay with it for some reason. With the big Tucker boy at Chapel Hill already having 3 or 4 300+ yard rushing games, we better score on every possession.

OldBison75
10-13-2008, 01:35 PM
This is the year that Chapel Hill finally breaks Gilmer's hold on the game. Chapel Hill will win at home by a touchdown. Nothing from Gilmer, they will be in the playoffs and a challenge for whoever they face. But youth will cost them in this one.

Aesculus gilmus
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This is the year that Chapel Hill finally breaks Gilmer's hold on the game. Chapel Hill will win at home by a touchdown. Nothing from Gilmer, they will be in the playoffs and a challenge for whoever they face. But youth will cost them in this one.

Gilmer had no hold on the game to begin with. The teams have rarely ever played each other. I can find no record of a matchup since 1980.

They HAVE scrimmaged several times since Coach Traylor has been here and Gilmer has usually done well in those.

waterboy
10-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
...and special teams, and coaching, and etc, etc, etc.

Easy there, Waterboy! I do watch Buckeye football. The fact is, if you saw the Liberty Eylau game, you know that if they had stayed with the direct snap and just ran right at us the whole game, we would have been in a world of hurt. They had the talent to do it but did not stay with it for some reason. With the big Tucker boy at Chapel Hill already having 3 or 4 300+ yard rushing games, we better score on every possession.
The Buckeyes will be just fine. Liberty-Eylau did pose some problems, that's for sure, and I wondered about that, too. The Leopards were young and inconsistent, and shot themselves in the foot on a couple of crucial drives with penalties, and the fact that they didn't have passing game to speak of was their undoing. I like the Buckeyes defense this year, they are quick and fast. I don't think Chapel Hill has seen a team nearly as good as the Buckeyes yet, and will be in for a surprise at just how quick this defense is. I'm sure Tucker will get his share of yards, but I don't think Chapel Hill will be able to put together very many long drives like they have against prior opponents. If the Bulldogs aren't able to hit a few play-action passes, they'll be in trouble in this one in my opinion. On the other side of the ball, Chapel Hill definitely hasn't seen an offense as good as the Buckeyes. If the Buckeyes avoid turnovers, go over the top a couple of times, I don't think Chapel Hill will be able to keep up on the scoreboard. I may be wrong, but I think the Buckeyes will win this one by at least 2 TDs.

pirate4state
10-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Closer than some expect:

Gilmer 42
Chapel Hill 35

:D

jambo67
10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
No matter which team wins this game they are on a collision course to meet again. Region III is armed to the teeth with ranked teams. WOS#3 Navasota#4 LeVaga#5 Gilmer#6 and Chapel Hill#10 according to the AP. Happy days are here again for East Texas.

Buckeye1980
10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by jambo67
No matter which team wins this game they are on a collision course to meet again. Region III is armed to the teeth with ranked teams. WOS#3 Navasota#4 LeVaga#5 Gilmer#6 and Chapel Hill#10 according to the AP. Happy days are here again for East Texas.

No collision course to meet again , both make playoffs and Gilmer will be D2 and Chapel Hill will be D1

thatboiwes
10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
This should be a really good one. Anyone know when was the last time Gilmer played a top 10 team in the regular season? It's been several years, I'm sure.

I see this game being a "mixture" of the Liberty-Eylau and Kilgore game. They will have the offensive success Kilgore had with the defensive success L-E had. Hopefully our passing attack to fix whatever happened last week and correct the 3 INT's. I can't remember being to a game where a Gilmer QB threw 3 INT's in one game.

It's going to be a battle that I see Gilmer coming out of on top.

Gilmer - 35 (+/-7)
Chapel Hill - 21 (+/-7)

(Excluding "minusing" Gilmer's score and "plussing" Gilmer's score. That would be a tie and that's not how we roll.)

easttexas3a
10-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Last year and the year before that they played #1 in 2a Tatum both years in the 2nd week of the season, and the year previous to this they played a Nevada team that was ranked hihgly and went on to win state in Nevada. I am very glad they played a much tougher schedule this year, and I figure all 5 of the teams they played in preseason will make the playoffs rather it be in 4a, 3a, or 2a.

Aesculus gilmus
10-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Kilgore was a worthy opponent, obviously. But I don't think the other schools we have played, aside from Daingerfield, have fared too well so far this season.

I wonder if Jasper even makes the playoffs in 18-3A. Does anyone know if they are in danger of not doing so?

Buckeye80
10-16-2008, 11:03 AM
The game won't even be close! Gilmer fans, do you not remember a "Mr. Everything" RB at Spring Hill by the name of Jamario Thomas who rushed for 27 yards against Gilmer his senior year before leading the NATION in rushing yards as a freshman at UNT? Spring Hill, then, and Chapel Hill, now, are similar in that they both had and have respectively one dimension! You could also ask Lennon Creer and Bryce Beall of Tatum, and Shaunbrey McNeil of Dallas Madison how much success RB dependent teams have against the Buckeyes.
Chapel Hill attempted eight passes last week. They rely solely on Matthew Tucker's production for offense. They have not played a defense as fast as Gilmer's, nor have they played an offense as potent as Gilmer's. The defense will contain Mr. Tucker, the offense will break them early, and Gilmer will coast giving up some trash points late in the 4th.

Gilmer 49
Chapel Hill 20

waterboy
10-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Yes, I remember. I think alot of people are underestimating this Buckeye defense. They are quick and fast! Oh, and did I mention quick and fast? You can also add the '03 Lindale and '03 Daingerfield teams to that list. Remember what happened to those two teams?

'03 Lindale for the district title - Gilmer 45 Lindale 0
'03 Daingerfield - bi-district - Gilmer 43 Daingerfield 0

I look for a strong performance this week on both sides of the ball for Gilmer.

And this is SLIKK's definition of a Buckeye.........sorry SLIKK.........they had to see this:

Buckeye - A nut that a Gilmerite keeps in their pocket for good luck..

Through great research, the (Daingerfield) Tiger Nation's Team of Scientists discovered another use for the Buckeye all together... Old timers believed that with a Buckeye in your pocket, you would forever be blessed with male stimulation !!

Thats right, according to several articles, some men just have trouble getting up for the BIG GAME ???

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/_thumbs/enzyte-thumb.jpg
Why ENZYTE ??? Cause its easier to swallow than a Buckeye !!

Buckeye80
10-16-2008, 10:16 PM

Through great research, the (Daingerfield) Tiger Nation's Team of Scientists discovered another use for the Buckeye all together... Old timers believed that with a Buckeye in your pocket, you would forever be blessed with male stimulation !!

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/_thumbs/enzyte-thumb.jpg
Why ENZYTE ??? Cause its easier to swallow than a Buckeye !!

Maybe Daingerfield should have looked for something to put in their pockets for "defensive stimulation" two weeks ago.:D

j_dog
10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I wonder if Jasper even makes the playoffs in 18-3A. Does anyone know if they are in danger of not doing so?
Only if they cannot beat Huntington, Center and Rusk. Of course, no disrespect intended. Jasper well could lose to one of those three teams.

Then again, they should play Carthage well next week. Jasper has a lot of talent and is still in the playoff hunt. They are 0-1 after one week of district. There is still a lot of football to be played.

Buckeye80
10-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
The game won't even be close!
They have not played a defense as fast as Gilmer's, nor have they played an offense as potent as Gilmer's.

Gilmer 49
Chapel Hill 20

29 point spread! Don't ever doubt the powers. I know me some Buckeye football!:D