PDA

View Full Version : Marlin

rhs_olb33_06
09-20-2002, 11:51 AM
how's marlin doing this year??

Swarm 51
09-21-2002, 01:14 AM
Cannot remember their first game, who they played or who won, but second game was with
4A Midway, who does not have much this year, and Marlin won 23 to 20 in OT. Tonight they won big over 2A Mart. I know they will face Ennis before going into district. That should be a good test for Marlin. They have the speed and talent to go far if they can put it all together. They also have a non-district game with Burnet. That should be a great game.

Chris Hart
09-21-2002, 09:22 AM
Marlin lost their first game to Waco University 31-7.They have found a groove now, and I am looking forward to going to Marlin this Friday.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Super_Fan
09-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Do they run sweeps and option a lot, or what>?

Swarm 51
09-21-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Super_Fan:
Do they run sweeps and option a lot, or what>?

I watched Marlin when they came to Gatesville for a scrimmage. They ran sweeps and options and have the combined speed to make the plays work. Saw about one minute video on TV of highlights of their game with Mart. Appeared as though their Q/B was successfull going to the outside on two or three of their TDs. It could be a battle between the two Bulldog teams. But, I am pulling for the Burnet Dawg team.

Chris Hart
09-21-2002, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the support Swarm51, I hope our defense plays better this week, I have a feeling were going to need it.

------------------
Big Green Dawg