PDA

View Full Version : Our rent house...before and after....

kaorder1999
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
When we bought it...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/kaorder1999/house.jpg

When we rented it out...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/kaorder1999/after_house.jpg

After we evicted them....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/kaorder1999/housenow.jpg

kaorder1999
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
and we put the solar screens on before they rented it....they didnt add them

Ranger Mom
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
They weren't big on yard work.....were they?

JR2004
10-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I laughed at the last photo, but at the same time I feel bad for you for having had to deal with Cletus and Co.

c-town_balla
10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
did they cut down half the tree?

kaorder1999
10-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
did they cut down half the tree?

yep...they cut it down the day they moved out...

c-town_balla
10-12-2008, 07:50 PM
well that's what I would do to prove the point that I shouldn't be evicted

kaorder1999
10-12-2008, 07:57 PM
you should see the pics of the inside....

sinton66
10-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yep...they cut it down the day they moved out...

Not entirely sure, but that might qualify as a criminal act. (destruction of private property).

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm with RangerMom!

I would have sent them a bill for the tree they cut down.

JR2004
10-12-2008, 08:03 PM
you should see the pics of the inside....

Can you sue them at all for all the damage they've caused to the house or are you just letting it go?

kaorder1999
10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Can you sue them at all for all the damage they've caused to the house or are you just letting it go?

we are in the process of getting estimates. They are wanting their 850 deposit. Damages will exceed that but have to go through the correct process with estimates and all. I dont know abou the tree issue...

SWMustang
10-12-2008, 10:29 PM
did you do all the work yourself on the outside? I saw the new door and the shutters repainted and obviously the lawn. Must have been painful to see all that work (regardless if you did it yourself or paid someone) going neglected.

My wife and I rented a house right after we got married. That house looked better when we moved out than it did when we moved in.

sinton66
10-12-2008, 10:40 PM
we are in the process of getting estimates. They are wanting their 850 deposit. Damages will exceed that but have to go through the correct process with estimates and all. I dont know abou the tree issue...

The tree was YOUR property. Pretty sure it counts. Would be even more impact if it was a fruit or nut producing tree. (Couldn't tell what kind it was from the pic)

JasperDog94
10-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They weren't big on yard work.....were they? Sure they were. Didn't you notice that they trimmed the tree in the front yard?:doh:

(I'm sorry...I was wrong for that)

jason
10-13-2008, 07:57 AM
we are in the process of getting estimates. They are wanting their 850 deposit. Damages will exceed that but have to go through the correct process with estimates and all. I dont know abou the tree issue... if you are not going to give them their deposit back, in some states, you have to give them a certified letter stating you are not returning it and why - don't know if that is the law in texas, but i know it is in some states....

i learned that watching 'the peoples court'......

thatboiwes
10-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Photo shop?

jason
10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by thatboiwes
Photo shop? no :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Photo shop?

You don't know Kaorder AT ALL, do you??

thatboiwes
10-13-2008, 08:58 AM
You don't know Kaorder AT ALL, do you??

Actually, no, I don't. But it was meant sarcastically. Having to deal with that sucks. Especially if the damage was over $850. I could only imagine what the inside of that place looks like.

A few years ago me and my cousin lived in an apartment together. He was a heavy drinker, me, not so much. He was one of those drunks who like to get violent and fight people when he's had too many. So there were several wrestling matches in our living room. One night he decides to shove someone into the wall, leaving a large hole in the sheet rock that's about 4 feet tall and 2 or 3 feet wide. Not only did we have that hole, but he got pissed at his girlfriend and kicked another hole the size of his foot in his room. And for Christmas one year he got a new set of tools that had a saw with it. He decided to test it out on our bathroom door to see how well it works.

I ended up moving out because I couldn't take him anymore. I ended up getting part of this bill from that place as well. $278 worth of damage done minus our $99 deposit =$179 that we, and by we, I mean him, owed.

pirate4state
10-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Photo shop?

were you the renter?

j/k

:thinking:

KAO - man that sucks. I'd like to say I'm surprised that they want and think they are entitled to their deposit, but I'm not. Idiots.

waterboy
10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
You're right, kaorder. You have to get the estimates to validate not returning their deposit. It's just paperwork, and I don't think any judge would argue against your point of view, especially if you show pictures of the inside, too. Besides, you could sue them for the difference, but they wouldn't pay anyway. Welcome to the world of slum-lording, hehe! Actually that's a pretty nice place there, or was until those renters got a hold of it. I'm hoping next time you find the perfect renters.

kaorder1999
10-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I painted the outside of the house...put on a new door. Put solar screens on. Painted the shutters. Sodded the yard, etc...

Ranger Mom
10-14-2008, 07:42 AM
I painted the outside of the house...put on a new door. Put solar screens on. Painted the shutters. Sodded the yard, etc...

The "after" picture sickens me. I remember how proud you were when you bought that house and started fixing it up!!

thatboiwes
10-14-2008, 08:51 AM
The "after" picture sickens me. I remember how proud you were when you bought that house and started fixing it up!!

Like I've always heard, no one take better care of your things better than you.

It's sad that people care so little about the time, hard work, effort and money that went into making that house look like it did.

Do you go through a rental history before renting it out? If not, you definately should.

Ranger Mom
10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Like I've always heard, no one take better care of your things better than you.

It's sad that people care so little about the time, hard work, effort and money that went into making that house look like it did.

Do you go through a rental history before renting it out? If not, you definately should.

Cutting down a tree on the day you moved out...AFTER being evicted far bypassed not taking care of something....that was spite, pure and simple, IMO!!

thatboiwes
10-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Cutting down a tree on the day you moved out...AFTER being evicted far bypassed not taking care of something....that was spite, pure and simple, IMO!!

I agree. I wasn't so much talking about cutting down the tree. It was the lawn, the hedges around the house and whatever was done on the inside.

raider red 2000
10-14-2008, 10:58 AM
if you take them to court....and win.....you can spend a little extra money and file a lein against future monies coming to them...from things such as income taxes.

so some of that can be recouped....if you are willing to go through the propper chanels.

kaorder1999
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Found a better picture from right before we rented out the house...

FROM THIS

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/kaorder1999/housebefore.jpg

TO THIS

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/kaorder1999/housenow.jpg

Rabbit'93
10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
KA...check your PM's....

Mr Beefy
10-21-2008, 01:57 PM
No matter who you rent to, and how well they take care of it, somethings aren't going to be like they were presented to the renter. But by no means should they have left it like that or to be so low as to cut down the tree the day before they dueced.

I would like to see the pics of the inside if you have them.

BuffyMars
10-21-2008, 04:47 PM
douchebags! :mad:

i can't believe they would cut down that POOR INNOCENT TREE?!?! WHAT DID IT EVER DO TO THEM? OTHER THAN PROVIDE A SMALL SEGMENT OF SHADE AND SOME OXYGEN TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR POISONOUS GASSES FROM THEIR POISONOUS ***ES.

GRRRRR.......:mad:

rockdale80
10-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
douchebags! :mad:

i can't believe they would cut down that POOR INNOCENT TREE?!?! WHAT DID IT EVER DO TO THEM? OTHER THAN PROVIDE A SMALL SEGMENT OF SHADE AND SOME OXYGEN TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR POISONOUS GASSES FROM THEIR POISONOUS ***ES.

GRRRRR.......:mad:

If you do not plan to do the repairs yourself, I have a list of vendors that do this sort of work in your area. Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

KingRob
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Wow, that was just wrong of them to do that. My parents owned a couple of rent houses years ago, and they say NEVER again. They had one family that took light fixtures, the toilet seat, the glass doors to the shower, and left the place a complete mess. Those particular renters ended up buying a house a block away. My dad said the courts wouldn't help him, but my mom was furious, and let them know it. A couple of months later....Well, the man worked at the post office, and he got caught stealing! He ended up losing his job, and their house.

Karma. Weird ain't it?

I hope your next renters are better people.