PDA

View Full Version : NFC East Today...

JR2004
10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Raise your hand if you picked Philly to be the only one of the three that would win today!

GreenGobbla
10-12-2008, 08:41 PM
knew philly would, thought there was no way washington was going to lose against st. louis, but i dont know what happened. and of course i was rooting against the boys.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
of the 3, i would have said Washington was almost a gurantee and the other two should win with not much problem, was this EAST vs WEST?

Keith7
10-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I didn't expect philly to be the only team to win, but I'm not going to complain about it

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Yet another
http://www.vivisect.org/choke/choke_full.gif
by Tony Romo.

sinton66
10-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yet another
by Tony Romo.

No way this loss is on Romo. The O line has this one all to themselves. Sacked 3 or 4 times, knocked down over a dozen times, several balls batted or swatted out of his hands from behind., whole BUNCH of hurries, Not Romo's fault.

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Yet another
by Tony Romo.

Guess u did not see the game tying drive...NO Timeouts..holding on first play and he still puts them in position to kick game tying FG

I think Tony Romo is only QB in nfl that can throw for 321 yds 3 TDs and bring team back from 10 point deficit in last 3 minutes and still be called a choker, or had a bad game

Did he play perfect? not even close, but to act like he played OMG so bad IMO makes no sense

ANY QB that gets hit as many times as he did today is going to cough the ball up

Maroon87
10-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Yet another
by Tony Romo.

Yeah...it's not like Romo brought the Cowboys back to force OT or anything. And anyone with a brain can see it was him that missed the block on that punt.

C'mon, dude...:doh:

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I guess we are forgetting the overtime drive. It doesn't matter when you choke, especially when it is in overtime. Fumbled and missed open targets twice. I know he didn't get good protection in this game, but other than one good throw to Jason Witten (it is not like it was a multiple pass methodic 2 minute drill drive down the field), I felt he really had another stupid game. You can all ride his jock all you want, but I have the right not to be impressed.

JasperDog94
10-12-2008, 11:10 PM
If Nick Folk doesn't miss a chip shot field goal at the end of the first half, we're not having this discussion. Instead we're talking about a great comeback by Romo.

Arizona shut down the running game and made the Cowboys one dimensional. I just hope the injury to Felix Jones isn't too serious.

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If Nick Folk doesn't miss a chip shot field goal at the end of the first half, we're not having this discussion. Instead we're talking about a great comeback by Romo.

Arizona shut down the running game and made the Cowboys one dimensional. I just hope the injury to Felix Jones isn't too serious.
He redeemed himself. That was his first miss of the season. Everybody misses one or two over the course of the season. Romo fumbles every game. I don't remember him being as inaccurate as he was today.

sinton66
10-12-2008, 11:27 PM
He redeemed himself. That was his first miss of the season. Everybody misses one or two over the course of the season. Romo fumbles every game. I don't remember him being as inaccurate as he was today.

Joe Montana would have the same kind of day if he got knocked around as much as Romo did today. No QB is dead-on accurate when he's got defensive people hanging all over him. I can blame Romo when it's his fault, no problem there, but today wasn't.

JR2004
10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Romo made some dumb plays today, but he can't top Kurt Warner. Personally I think being on the same field as Kurt was the problem. Warner's fumble-itis is contagious! :)

Honestly the problem today for Dallas was their offensive line. Good grief David Carr had more protection when he was in Houston than Romo did most of today! The line did a horrible job run blocking and once the Cowboys abandoned the run it was tee off time on Romo by what is a pretty good front four for the Cardinals.

JasperDog94
10-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Honestly the problem today for Dallas was their offensive line. Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner.:iagree:

Dominicfrank
10-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Cowboys are in big trouble. Special teams accounts for 13 points but Romo is not playing good and Jason Garrett has lost this offense. It seems that teams know exactly how to play us. Romo is careless with the ball. we all need to realize that he loss this game when he rolled and fumbled the ball in OT and got lucky to recover it. If he gets rid of the ball we are second a ten and not second and 18. roll in two terrible play calls and we lose the game. My only hope is that the typical end fo the season slump is happening now and it gives us time to regroup and make a run at the end of the season. Anyone think we are a lock to beat St. Louis and Tampa now ? We could be in real trouble.

JasperDog94
10-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Anyone think we are a lock to beat St. Louis and Tampa now ? I don't think anything is a lock in the NFL.

forum_guy
10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
lol how can u say a team is a lock to beat anyone if brad johnson is the starting qb

crzyjournalist03
10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
lol how can u say a team is a lock to beat anyone if brad johnson is the starting qb

I'm pretty sure that was a rhetorical question, considering it was followed up with "we could be in real trouble".

I hang this entire loss on special teams. The bad play by the Cowboys on special teams was a 16-point swing.