PDA

View Full Version : Mike Hicks, WR, China Spring

TexanFan4Life
10-12-2008, 05:40 PM
How's he doing so far this season?

JR2004
10-12-2008, 06:17 PM
According to the Trib his stats are as follows...

23 rushes 171 yards 1 TD
15 receptions 356 yards 4 TD's
4 KO returns 242 yards 1 TD (92 yards)

watz4dinner
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
CS is 6-0. That is all that matters!!!

Hicks is the ultimate team player.

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Had about 50 yards rushing and 3 rushing TD Friday night. Has two KO returns for TD.
The change in offense has hurt his number of oppertunities for Receptions and yards but he is still a TD machine on the ground. He is a devistating blocker and you absolutely DO NOT want to be stood up if your a RB or WR, 19 will soon be there with much malice.

jimmyceatworld
10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Had about 50 yards rushing and 3 rushing TD Friday night. Has two KO returns for TD.
The change in offense has hurt his number of oppertunities for Receptions and yards but he is still a TD machine on the ground. He is a devistating blocker and you absolutely DO NOT want to be stood up if your a RB or WR, 19 will soon be there with much malice.

I was surprised when y'all ran the flexbone against us the first game of the year. Have the Cougars been doing that much this season?

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2008, 09:54 PM
4 RB's with over 250 yards rushing and as many rushing TDs as passing. That hasn't happened here in a LONG time.

jimmyceatworld
10-12-2008, 10:56 PM
4 RB's with over 250 yards rushing and as many rushing TDs as passing. That hasn't happened here in a LONG time.

Wow, is the QB struggling or did Coach Bell just change his gameplan?

cshscougar08
10-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld

B is doing just fine. It was just a change in gameplan in order to help B adjust more. With this solid running game, not everything has to run through B and the offense doesn't depend on how well he is playing.

Electus Unus
10-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Mike Hicks is one of the most dynamic players in the 3A classification and has been doing it since he was a freshmen. What colleges is he considering and which have offered? I saw someone mention that China Spring is running a new offense. What kind of offense is it?

cshscougar08
10-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Mike Hicks is one of the most dynamic players in the 3A classification and has been doing it since he was a freshmen. What colleges is he considering and which have offered? I saw someone mention that China Spring is running a new offense. What kind of offense is it?

I'm no football expert in terms of offenses or defenses. I think it's the flexbone though? Idk. Lol. I have no idea what colleges he is considering or are considering him. I would be interested to see where he ends up though.

Rabid Cougar
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld

Brian Bell is not struggling nor is it to let him adjust or protect him.
He has thrown for 1,200 yards and 15 TD's and has only been sacked once in 6 games.

Pick your poison.
Do you prepare for the Red Raider Spread or the Slot-T?

Rabid Cougar
10-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

No one has offered.

Daddy D 11
10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Sounds like ya'll are the real deal.

Troybuilt
10-13-2008, 11:38 AM
No one has offered.

Will China Spring go D-I or D-II in the playoffs.

cshscougar08
10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
Will China Spring go D-I or D-II in the playoffs.

Depends on Gatesville. With the way they are playing and the weakness of our district, I think they will grab that third, maybe second, playoff spot and go DI which would put us in DII. But it's still up in the air at this point. The West vs. Gatesville game will determine that last spot for sure.

trojan37
10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
It will be China Spring - district champ
Gatesville - 2nd place and D1
Glen Rose - 3rd place

Trust me on this one.;)

cshscougar08
10-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Well I believe you, but I still just want to see it worked out. The Gatesville vs. Glen Rose game is looking to be quite a matchup.