PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Bulls vs Iowa Park Hawks

Bullaholic
10-12-2008, 10:17 AM
You guys ever notice that most "homers" like me post up threads on Sundays about their team's next game only when their team is doing well? :D

Seriously, the Bulls are doing very well, and IP is not having a lot of fun this season. Even so, the Hawks traditionally play the Bulls very tough and have several wins against us in the past. The IP players seem to get "up" for Bridgeport like no other every time we meet and come out on fire, and they are at home. That IP veer/wing gives us trouble nearly every time with those quick hitting running plays and IP always seem to save a few "trick" plays just for us. The Bulls should win by 14 or more---but I'm not making any guarantees by a long shot.

Bull
10-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Who wins this one? :D

popcorn screen
10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
This is not a serious question. Bulls will hang 50 on IP.

WylieBulldog92
10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Who seriously picked IP? Even if you're a homer that's such an unreasonable pick.

Budman007
10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
IP has beat the Bulls the last 3 times. This year's Bull team realizes this and by no means are taking this IP team lightly. Decatur's D could not stop the Hawks running game last week. The Bull's D can stop the running game---ask Burkburnett. Bulls will take this one in big fashion with the offense playing like a well-oiled machine.

GO BULLS!!!

JR2004
10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You guys ever notice that most "homers" like me post up threads on Sundays about their team's next game only when their team is doing well? :D

Yes, yes I do notice!

JR2004
10-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I have never seen either team play in person so I'll just throw out a random score prediction.

Bridgeport 55
Iowa Park 13

My high school played Iowa Park in the playoffs back in the 80's, but my parents didn't go because my brother and I were too young to travel that far so I've never seen them play.

VWG
10-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Who seriously picked IP? Even if you're a homer that's such an unreasonable pick.

No doubt.
IP is starting around 5-6 soph's this year. They have been going back to the wing-T instead of the spread formation they were in at the first of the season.
Tough year for the Hawks. They gave Decatur a good battle but I don't know how much of that was due to Decatur losing some starters on the defensive side.

slpybear the bullfan
10-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Go Bulls!!!

sinton66
10-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Go Bulls!!!

I can't H-E-A-R you! Good luck Bulls!

slpybear the bullfan
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I can't H-E-A-R you! Good luck Bulls!

Good Offense will enjoy Big rUn haLting defense pLanS!!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Bulls over IP. Like Bullaholic stated, IP will trick play you till they get a TD. Bound to happen against the Bulls, but the Hawks don't have enough trick plays to even come close this year.

Bulls are the top of the hill this year.

grmfan93
10-13-2008, 01:46 PM
bulls-42
ip-17

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Who all is going?

blaster
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
The Blaster Family will be there! Go Bulls!

kepdawg
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92

You're supposed to support your team no matter what!

Bullaholic
10-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Who all is going?

Does a bear.....................................:D

injuredinmelee
10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
RUN LEE RUN!!!

Macarthur
10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm a hawk homer, but even I know they are really young and clearly in a rebuilding mode. They just don't have enough lead in their pencil, yet.

I do think the Hawks will be much better next year and should be back to playoff caliber in 2 years. I just hope they keep Ellis, or he decides to stay for that matter.

Dominicfrank
10-16-2008, 03:55 PM
IP might score might not.

injuredinmelee
10-16-2008, 04:00 PM
i could read back through the thread and find this info but i am too lazy at this point in the day so where is this game?

VWG
10-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I'm a hawk homer, but even I know they are really young and clearly in a rebuilding mode. They just don't have enough lead in their pencil, yet.

I do think the Hawks will be much better next year and should be back to playoff caliber in 2 years. I just hope they keep Ellis, or he decides to stay for that matter.

Ellis has been there for what, 10-12 years now? Assistant under Nelms and then HC/AD after he left.
Hawk fans are restless... wouldn't surprise me to see Ellis on the outs after the past few years the Hawks have had.
They are young, best lineman (Tyler Seale) is a soph.
Lee Club is going to be a good QB, and he is a soph. too.

I think the issue with IP and Ellis is that he is trying to experiment too much with the offense. Last year he goes and gets the single wing into the playbook and abandons it after the first 3 games of the year. This year, they put in the spread and are now back to the Wing T.
I understand that he is trying to find an offense that will work for his program.... but the experimentation should be done in two-a-days or spring drills not during mid-season.

Bullaholic
10-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i could read back through the thread and find this info but i am too lazy at this point in the day so where is this game?

7:30pm Hawk Stadium in IP, injured. C'mon down.