PDA

View Full Version : District 24-3A Tri-Champion Still Very Possible

nunya
10-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Cameron has a way of sneaking up on teams annually, so Navasota had better be prepared them AND Rockdale.

No doubt this district will have an incredibly talented team left at home in the post-season. Very sad.

If Caldwell wins out and Navasota loses a district game to a potentially unbeaten team like Cameron, and then Caldwell possibly beats Cameron at home, you'd have three teams finish with a possible 5-1 league record, splitting the league trophy among three teams. And Rockdale has enormous potential as well.

Kinda makes ya wish our teams weren't close enough in proximity to be in the same district. But even so, UIL always manages to find a way to comprise this Central Texas district into what's often known in Texas Football as the "Little NFL" .

I was walking in a mall one day in the El Paso area and noticed several students wearing letter jackets with district championship patches. I couldn't help but wonder if those kids realized how lucky they were to live in that area where winning district means about a quarter as much as it does in Central Texas from a competition perspective.

You can have eight district title patches in that region, and those same athletes might be lucky to have earned even one of those patches anywhere else because of how fiercely competitive other regions (especially East Texas) are on a yearly basis.

Best of luck to all 24-3A teams. I honestly think the UIL powers-that-be acknowledged how difficult this district would be in all sports, and tried to compensate for it by giving us a bye in the first round. The top three in our district is as good as you'll find in any other REGION in the state. ROck on, my fellow 24-3Aliens. :-)

OldBison75
10-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't see this happening because I don't think anyone else will beat Caldwell until well into the playoffs. I also think that Navasota will continue to win and the real battle will be between Cameron and Rockdale to decide who will be #3. Cameron is not a bad team at all and will test everybody, but they will be worn out by the Caldwell offense when they play.

cameron91
10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
the battle between cameron/rockdale is over with.so in your theory cameron is already in the playoffs. rockdale already has one lost , so if they lose to caldwell and navasota that make them have 3. if cameron lose to caldwell and navasota they will have 2. so that put rockdale OUT.but don't forget navasota will have to come to cameron and rockdale.so lets not give them the title just yet. out of the top three caldwell may have the easiest schedule left .good luck to all top 4 teams left.it will be a nail bitter from here on out..

nunya
10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
the battle between cameron/rockdale is over with.so in your theory cameron is already in the playoffs. rockdale already has one lost , so if they lose to caldwell and navasota that make them have 3. if cameron lose to caldwell and navasota they will have 2. so that put rockdale OUT.but don't forget navasota will have to come to cameron and rockdale.so lets not give them the title just yet. out of the top three caldwell may have the easiest schedule left .good luck to all top 4 teams left.it will be a nail bitter from here on out..

Un, I wouldn't exactly call games with Rockdale and Cameron gimme's. Caldwell-Rockdale have had some OT nail-biters and Cameron has had Caldwell's number about 65 percent of the time.

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by nunya
Un, I wouldn't exactly call games with Rockdale and Cameron gimme's. Caldwell-Rockdale have had some OT nail-biters and Cameron has had Caldwell's number about 65 percent of the time.

Come on Nunya, the Hornets have Cameron and Rockdale at home. I like the Hornets' chances.

nunya
10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Come on Nunya, the Hornets have Cameron and Rockdale at home. I like the Hornets' chances.

I'm likin' your reasoning. Is it just me or is Caldwell and Navasota starting up or own mutual admiration soceity? :thumbsup:

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by nunya
I'm likin' your reasoning. Is it just me or is Caldwell and Navasota starting up or own mutual admiration soceity? :thumbsup:

I like the mutual admiration society. And, I like Caldwell's chances of playing at home better than Navasota's having to travel to Rockdale and Cameron.

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I like the mutual admiration society. And, I like Caldwell's chances of playing at home better than Navasota's having to travel to Rockdale and Cameron.
No lies here!