PDA

View Full Version : Columbus vs. Sealy (merged)

957tiger
10-12-2008, 09:57 AM
This should be a good game. Columbus is 1-0 in district after defeating Smithville in a tough game. Meanwhile Sealy is 0-1 following a very competitive game in Giddings. The Tigers have lost their last three games to teams with a combined 11-2 record.
The thought here is that the Tigers showed a different offense against Giddings and put some points on the board can it carry over to this game, or will the boys feel the strain of recent defeats.

OldBison75
10-12-2008, 01:42 PM
This will be a good game and Columbus will be very confident. I think this is the week that Sealy realizes they can still win. I pick Sealy by 7.

Johnny Utah
10-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Mitchell and staff will have the Sealy kids ready. Good luck to all.

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Sealy is 0-1 in district, but are far from out. They still have what it takes to repeat their performance from a year ago, although they have a much tougher core of teams left to play.

Good luck Tigers!

TexanFan4Life
10-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Sealy can win this game...and I think they will get back on track right here. Manny Leyendecker is playing for us this year (he played MLB at Columbus last year), and I thought that Columbus wouldn't have a good year at all since he, Curtis Carter and Steward Beaird all graduated. I was wrong about that, but let's hope I'm not wrong about the outcome of this game.

buff4ever
10-12-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't think this game will be very close. Sealy wants to get back to the show, and they made that very obvious the other night with their effort. They are a good bunch of athletes.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Can someone put a poll on this one?

Watcher
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I don't think this game will be very close. Sealy wants to get back to the show, and they made that very obvious the other night with their effort. They are a good bunch of athletes.

I only have one thing to say buff4ever, you seem to only have negative things to say about Columbus, but maybe if we had a 20 year old leading the team you could be little more positive. We have to fight it out with the normal ones that start first grade at 5 or 6 not 8 or 9

Watcher
10-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Both towns have great coaching staffs that have been working hard to rebuild. It seems that all of the kids are believing in the systems. It will be a great game between two hard working programs.

Kickin It
10-12-2008, 09:29 PM

Please give another dead on prediction like you did for the Smithville game!! BTW, have you actually seen Columbus play? Just curious since you have these opinions on how all the games will not be close. Did you not figure out that Columbus actually plays a little defense, which to my knowledge can actually help win a few games and keep them close. There are some pretty decent athletes at C-Town if you haven't figured that out either.

nunya
10-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Columbus by 17

BOCEPHUS
10-13-2008, 06:10 AM
U CARDS GOTZ TO STOP #5! HE BE THE SECOND BEST BACK IN THE DISTRICT, AM BE'IN CONSERVATIVE WITH THAT THAR OPINION. U KEEP HIM UNDER 150 YARDS AND COLUMBUS WINS.

buff4ever
10-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Kickin It
Please give another dead on prediction like you did for the Smithville game!! BTW, have you actually seen Columbus play? Just curious since you have these opinions on how all the games will not be close. Did you not figure out that Columbus actually plays a little defense, which to my knowledge can actually help win a few games and keep them close. There are some pretty decent athletes at C-Town if you haven't figured that out either.

I wasn't even going to give a couple of these messages the time of day, but you I will call out. I don't THINK I made an actual prediction. I THINK what I said was more along the lines of if Smithville was as good as they and the american statesman said that that game wouldn't be close. So from my statement, I have determined since the game with yall that they were just on the rise due to the lack of strength in their schedule.

Maybe you can prove me wrong, I have been before; but I am pretty sure my what you call prediction on that game was more of a IF scenario waiting to find out which was the case.

On this weeks game with Sealy, based on the level of play and intensity from their team, I have stated what I believe will happen. DO I HAVE THAT RIGHT ON THIS BOARD?

Bull's-eye
10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I'll take Columbus by 7, but give credit to Sealy for playing Giddings so close. Should be a good battle, but I think Columbus will pull it out.

STAggie
10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
I think Sealy pulls this one out in a close one. Sealy will come into the game needing the home field advantage and this may be the game that decides the rest of Sealy's season.

Sealy 31
Columbus 28

STXghstRDR
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I'll take Sealy by 10 after their impressive and hard fought loss at Giddings.

trg
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I haven't seen either one of these teams play but I have to go with my alma mater...Good luck Cards!!!

buff4life
10-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I wasn't even going to give a couple of these messages the time of day, but you I will call out. I don't THINK I made an actual prediction. I THINK what I said was more along the lines of if Smithville was as good as they and the american statesman said that that game wouldn't be close. So from my statement, I have determined since the game with yall that they were just on the rise due to the lack of strength in their schedule.

Maybe you can prove me wrong, I have been before; but I am pretty sure my what you call prediction on that game was more of a IF scenario waiting to find out which was the case.

On this weeks game with Sealy, based on the level of play and intensity from their team, I have stated what I believe will happen. DO I HAVE THAT RIGHT ON THIS BOARD?

Relax they just drank too much haterade this morning and decided to take it out on you..

he never said columbus was bad or dead or whatever you said, he just said sealy was better...

Kickin It
10-13-2008, 02:43 PM
No your right, never said they are bad, just they should finish last if Smithville wants to give the spot up. Just curious as to why buff4ever makes these predictions. Its a simple question really. Have you seen the Cards play or just shoot from the hip based on graduation, previous records, Dave Campbells Magazine, or just plain football intelligence? Football intelligence would say that Columbus has a pretty good defense and offense, so they should be considered a contender in this district not a cellar dweller. IMO, there are really no bad teams in this district, so it is really hard to say that a certain team or 2 are going to be battling it out for last place. Said in previous posts that this district is tough and every Friday night will be a war!!! No need to get all offended, just trying to figure you out.

teetle
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Tigers get back on track this week. Sealy wins by 7. Downey will be toten the mail. He say Columbus not to fast. They will be looking at his bee-hine most of the game. Good luck Tigers. I hope both teams come out injury free.

Astro2
10-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't think it will be close. Sealy makes Columbus pay for the last three frustrating weeks.

deer spotter
10-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Buffy,Obviously you have not seen Columbus play. They will have Tiger for dinner AGAIN this week by 17. Just hope they do not have the same referees that Columbus and Smithville had to put up with. That was to the point of rediculous. Good luck to both sides and play a clean game. Oh yea,may bring some towels for the tigers. They will need them for surrender flags and to wipe their tears away when the RED BIRDS have their way with them. Suck it up Sealy,you are not as good as you think you are. Just cause Mitchel says so does not make it so.

Bull19
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by deer spotter
Suck it up Sealy,you are not as good as you think you are. Just cause Mitchel says so does not make it so. best thing i've read on this board in years

STXghstRDR
10-14-2008, 12:34 PM
No Sealy players or coaches are talking about how great they are. Our players and coaching staff will do the talking friday night when they destroy the cardinals :clap:

Bull19
10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by STXghstRDR
No Sealy players or coaches are talking about how great they are. Our players and coaching staff will do the talking friday night when they destroy the cardinals :clap: just like st. pius, and giddings, and navasota?

Bull19
10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
No Sealy players or coaches are talking about how great they are. Our players and coaching staff will do the talking friday night when they destroy the cardinals :clap: NO PLAYER OR COACHES ARE TALKING, YET THE PLAYERS AND COACHES WILL TALK ON FRIDAY NIGHT????

teetle
10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Now don't go haten on Coach Mitchell. He know a good team when he see one. If he say that the tigers are good then they good. Go tigers

STXghstRDR
10-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Um let's see. Losing to Navasota, Giddings, and St. Pius. All top teams that together have 2 losing games on their record. Yeah those aren't tough teams. And we approached these hard games for a learning experience not to have an easy undefeated record like Columbus

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Um let's see. Losing to Navasota, Giddings, and St. Pius. All top teams that together have 2 losing games on their record. Yeah those aren't tough teams. And we approached these hard games for a learning experience not to have an easy undefeated record like Columbus St. Pius is not very good.

Sealy has no offense. Therein the problem lies. Tiny offensive line too.

nunya
10-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'll take Columbus by 7, but give credit to Sealy for playing Giddings so close. Should be a good battle, but I think Columbus will pull it out.

Giddings isn't that good this year. Columbus by 10

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by nunya
Giddings isn't that good this year. Columbus by 10
Have you seen Giddings this year?

pirate4state
10-14-2008, 11:09 PM
GO TIGERS!!!

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Have you seen Giddings this year? LHPM, you should know better than to expect something decent from Nunya by now.

Shame on you.

Astro2
10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
St. Pius is not very good.

This game has a different outcome if Downey plays.

STAggie
10-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I hope Columbus is ready for their first loss of the year. This is the game where Sealy changes their season and makes a nice run to the playoffs. Columbus won't be able to contain Downey adn the Sealy D will be to much for the Cards!

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :wave:

baseballmom
10-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
St. Pius is not very good.

St. Pius has a very good baseball team. That does not mean they have a good football team. Other 2 games Sealy had to play were hard fought battles.
THis will be a test because of injuries Columbus has. Columbus by 1 TD

Bull19
10-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Um let's see. Losing to Navasota, Giddings, and St. Pius. All top teams that together have 2 losing games on their record. Yeah those aren't tough teams. And we approached these hard games for a learning experience not to have an easy undefeated record like Columbus for everybody's pre-season pick to win region four and a top 10 team for several weeks i dont find it too impressive.

STAggie
10-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
for everybody's pre-season pick to win region four and a top 10 team for several weeks i dont find it too impressive.

Those loses won't mean anything when we still win Region IV.

:p

957tiger
10-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Can you really judge a past opponent to determine how successful you are. To say that Giddings, Navasota or St. Pius are
not good football teams is absurd. St. Pius has been state champions for the last two years. You can claim their division is not as tough as others, but ask any head coach what he would prefer a handfull of district, regional or finalist trophies or just one state championships trophy, I bet he would take that state title anyday of the week. Strength of opponents are what most if not all polls take into consideration when determining rankings.
I say this district is pretty tough considering the teams, their
records and what they bring to the table. This is a great time to be a high school football fan in Texas.

Bull19
10-15-2008, 10:27 AM
sealy will be lucky to make the playoffs much less win region IV. but anyway back to the game, i got Columbus by a field goal

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Those loses won't mean anything when we still win Region IV.

:p ***cough***CUERO GOBBLERS***cough***

Gimme the Dirty Red Birds by 14. I think Columbus is alot better than they are given credit for around here.

STAggie
10-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
***cough***CUERO GOBBLERS***cough***

Gimme the Dirty Red Birds by 14. I think Columbus is alot better than they are given credit for around here.

Yes I know the Turkeys are good but Mitchell is going to have his boys playing on a whole new level starting Friday.

Bull19
10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Yes I know the Turkeys are good but Mitchell is going to have his boys playing on a whole new level starting Friday. thats what yall have been saying the past three games and we all know what has happened.

BULLRUSH
10-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Yes I know the Turkeys are good but Mitchell is going to have his boys playing on a whole new level starting Friday.

Has he ever beaten the Turkeys?

957tiger
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Friday will be Mitchell's 18th game as head coach for Sealy. Compare that number to our rivals. He has lost numerous assistants for whatever reason and faced the task of replacing starters on both sides of the ball. There are many boys who decided not to play, again for what ever reason. You had the #5 problem as well other inside issues (that all teams have). You had fewer overall students wanting to join the program. I think Mitchell and staff are doing the best they can with what they have
It's the schools that have not faced what the Tigers have in the past 5 years that should be concerned about success and failure. If you look at the numbers from last year 7-4 with a play-off visit.
This year 3-3 not bad for a new program. Even TJ Mills had a rough begining and finished in the recored books. I say watch the
boys on the field and sidelines, they never give up and that is how champions are made. Go Tigers and never let up.

deer spotter
10-15-2008, 11:41 AM

TURKEYS?? Who the h--l gives you the right to call your DOMINATOR turkeys?? BOY,you will be taught some respect come Friday night. Just don't cry and wine too much when your a-- is beaten by a RED BIRD. Suck it up,Mitchel is a long way from being Sealys saving grace. Might go ahead and start the search for a new coach now if winning is what you want. If he had something to work with,it may be different. HAHAHA Just get ready to put another mark in the loosing column for Sealy. BIG RED MACHINE by 17,at least.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Maybe Mitchell knows how to defend Giddings, since they have played them tough in the past 2 games. I'm still going with the polka boys from Columbus. :)

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
This game like every game in this district will be a good one. Let the boys play Friday night and we will find out who comes out on top. Too many people are talking smack about Sealy. There is still plenty of football to be played before we know who makes the playoffs from this district. I don't think you can count Sealy out this early on, or for that matter, you can't count any other team in the district out.

Mitchell has done a good job in the short time he has been in Sealy and I have no doubt the Tigers will be focused and fired up come Friday.

STAggie
10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
TURKEYS?? Who the h--l gives you the right to call your DOMINATOR turkeys?? BOY,you will be taught some respect come Friday night. Just don't cry and wine too much when your a-- is beaten by a RED BIRD. Suck it up,Mitchel is a long way from being Sealys saving grace. Might go ahead and start the search for a new coach now if winning is what you want. If he had something to work with,it may be different. HAHAHA Just get ready to put another mark in the loosing column for Sealy. BIG RED MACHINE by 17,at least.

You must not know how to read. I was calling Cuero the Turkeys. Take your ignorant talk somewhere else.

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 02:12 PM
You must not know how to read. I was calling Cuero the Turkeys. Take your ignorant talk somewhere else. I don't know that I'd talk to the ole spotter that way...he may just change his screen name to "STAggieSpotter" :D

STAggie
10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't know that I'd talk to the ole spotter that way...he may just change his screen name to "STAggieSpotter" :D

Will he flex his e-muscles on me? :D

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Will he flex his e-muscles on me? :D beware of the keyboard commandos!! and if he asks you to meet in person...take jerky!!!! :D

STAggie
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
beware of the keyboard commandos!! and if he asks you to meet in person...take jerky!!!! :D

Sounds likea man after my own heart. It wouldn't be to bad to meet some people from this board, as most seem friendly and just here to have a good time. I hope he knows thats all this is. Just me trying to pass a long day at work.

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Sounds likea man after my own heart. It wouldn't be to bad to meet some people from this board, as most seem friendly and just here to have a good time. I hope he knows thats all this is. Just me trying to pass a long day at work. Oh yeah....the majority of people around here are just football fans expressing opinions. Everyone I've ever met off of this board were good people.

Watcher
10-15-2008, 10:29 PM
It sure is nice to see that STAGGIE and all the Sealy fans are putting all their eggs in one basket. They seem to only brag about one player and the other 10 who have worked their tails off without attitude must only be ornamentals. Well most teams have more than one player on a team and in Columbus all the team players count. Not going to knock any program hope both teams have a good game, but with Columbus "Team" play and Columbus attitude Columbus will win this one. By the way Teetle, looks like your post is getting you closer to pre-med hope you can give us all a reading on Downey's bhind.

STAggie
10-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Watcher
It sure is nice to see that STAGGIE and all the Sealy fans are putting all their eggs in one basket. They seem to only brag about one player and the other 10 who have worked their tails off without attitude must only be ornamentals. Well most teams have more than one player on a team and in Columbus all the team players count. Not going to knock any program hope both teams have a good game, but with Columbus "Team" play and Columbus attitude Columbus will win this one. By the way Teetle, looks like your post is getting you closer to pre-med hope you can give us all a reading on Downey's bhind.

I don't think Downey is our team. He is a good player but does not make this team what it is. I don't think your D will be able to stop him but if it does we have more than enough capable receivers and a good qb to burn you with the pass. Also, watch the "team" play of our defense and you will see that Sealy really doesn't have a star player. Thanks for the try but Sealy wins this one is a tough fought game.

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Watcher, you mis-spelled bhind. Teetle spells it bee-hind!

Granted, #5 has garnered most of the attention by posters partly because of the disciplinary actions and partly because he is an explosive running back. With that said, there are 10 other players on offense as well as a solid defense along with backups on both sides of the ball that play well as a TEAM.

To suggest that Sealy does not play as a team because posters talk about one player more than others is a stretch.

teetle
10-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Watcher you will be able to give us a report. you will be seeing it all night long.

watcheverything
10-16-2008, 08:56 AM
...I've have had a chance to see both play...Sealy's opponents are little bit better than what most think...Columbus' opponents on the other hand....well....I think you can figure that out on your own...Talked to a good friend from sealy who was at the smithville - columbus game, said he left thinking both teams were just pitiful...Yes...pitiful...Columbus' backs ran soft and both team's defense's were not very physical...Said that Smithville - lucky to find a win in District, Columbus -be happy w/ 5-0. Sealy - the train is about to role...Not sure what to believe just yet, just passing along the info...Like Talk to the Paw Said, it will all be settled on Friday and these posters like Bambi spotter should just relax and take some Ritalin. That's all for now, until I know more, I'll continue watchingeverything...

Sealy by 17:cool:

Energy and persistence conquer all things. - Benjamin Franklin

957tiger
10-16-2008, 09:50 AM
With as much rain as the field received in the last 24 hours it will be a running game for sure. The field has a good crown, however the sidelines look to be mud by the end of the first quarter. Don't know about the games tonight. Not sure if they will be played on the big field or practice. Since the practice field has limited markings my guess is the big field. Wet and cool, Texas football at it's best.

Astro2
10-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Watcher

Most successful football teams have two key components:
#1- a solid defense.
#2-a solid rushing attack.

Sealy defense is the strength of this team. They definitely play as a team. With Downey back, their rushing game is much better. With their solid rushing attack, the passing game opens up.
With a solid team effort, Sealy will have no problem with the red birds.

OldBison75
10-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Let me point out to those that are saying that Sealy is a one man team that they are wrong. Sealy played Navasota without Downey and even though they lost 35-0, every player on the field for Sealy played hard and they were not that bad. They made mistakes and had trouble with the Rattler passing game, but overall gave tremendous effort and played every down hard. I saw a team that was trying to overcome some internal problems, but not a person on the field or the sidelines was giving the appearance of giving up. If the internal problems have settled, and Downey is back to add that spark of speed to the offense, Sealy can go on a roll in a hurry. They have the athletes and attitude to be winners from here on out. I have a feeling this might be the week they start to come back.

bk12
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
There is no doubt that this will be a hard fought game and both teams will play their hearts out. In this one I think it will come down to special teams. If Columbus will not allow any big returns the game should be in their favor. Im going Columbus by 3 because of Strauss's leg.

Watcher
10-16-2008, 09:23 PM
If everybody would read into my post as written, I said the other 10 players worked their tails off without attitude. It seemed the Sealy posters where giving all the credit to one player, but take it as you will. As far as watcheverything's post, the only thing pitiful around is you and your boyfriend. To bad mouth any program means that both you and your boyfriend must only break suction long enough to pull your flutes out from your days of glory and toot your own horns. You probably rate dancing with the stars like you do football games. Go Cards!!!

957tiger
10-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Results from Sealy vs Columbus JV
8th Sealy
9th Columbus
JV Sealy
Sealy has an outstanding 8th grade squad. Tandem running backs who seldom get stopped and usually break it for big gains
or TD's. Fun to watch. The team as a whole is pretty solid with few mistakes.

buff4ever
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
quit acting like this is Sealy and Bellville, Columbus falls hard and fast in this one. I don't know about fast, but Sealy will win by 10 or better. I would say a blow out, but Sealy hadn't put together much of a dominating full game performance to pull that off yet.

Kickin It
10-17-2008, 08:10 AM
quit acting like this is Sealy and Bellville, Columbus falls hard and fast in this one. I don't know about fast, but Sealy will win by 10 or better. I would say a blow out, but Sealy hadn't put together much of a dominating full game performance to pull that off yet.

:clap: Another intelligent post buff4ever. You might need to give your full attention to Bellville and not worry about this game.

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 08:26 AM
:clap: Another intelligent post buff4ever. You might need to give your full attention to Bellville and not worry about this game.

News Flash kickin it, no matter how much attention I give bellville or you give your teams opponent (unless you are a coach), IT DOESN'T HELP.

Maybe you knew that, but it didn't seem like it to me. So therefore, let's keep doing what we are allowed to do on this board and spend some time talking 3a football.

Kickin It
10-17-2008, 09:14 AM
News Flash kickin it, no matter how much attention I give bellville or you give your teams opponent (unless you are a coach), IT DOESN'T HELP.

Maybe you knew that, but it didn't seem like it to me. So therefore, let's keep doing what we are allowed to do on this board and spend some time talking 3a football.

So your idea of "Talking 3a Football" is how one team is going to get blown out or should get blown out or something like that. How about include some reasoning, stats, or something to support your "FOOTBALL TALK". Then maybe I can respect your opinion!

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 09:25 AM
:clap: Another intelligent post buff4ever. You might need to give your full attention to Bellville and not worry about this game. Kickin, why even bother w/ this guy...I can tell you from experience, this dude will argue w/ a brick wall over just about anything. I believe he was the the one that basically called me an idiot when I picked WOS over Giddings last year. We all know how that turned out.

As for my opinion, I stated before...I think the Red Birds win this one. They are better than they are being given credit for. I could be wrong...but hope the Red Birds prove me right.

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I am really not that bad guys. And no IHSTANG, I didn't ever call you that, and definetely didn't argue with anyone that said we would lose to WOS. First of all, they are a great program year in and year out. Second that game was extremely close by the way, you act as though it wasn't, and we were w/o brock.

My opinion on columbus is just that. But if you want to know what my opinion is based on, I will tell you. Strength of schedule. I don't feel that columbus has played anyone yet, and no neither has smithville, and that was even a close game. This week will be the first week all year that columbus and smithville have played quality opponents, and in my OPINION it is very likely that they will both lose.

No hard feeling meant really, I am not on here calling anyone idiots for any reason or trying to cause much trouble. Just letting out some info and discussing football. We have a tough district, I don't feel that the last place team in this district will be w/o a victory, so smithville is likely to sneak up on somebody, I hope it isn't the buffalos.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I am really not that bad guys. And no IHSTANG, I didn't ever call you that, and definetely didn't argue with anyone that said we would lose to WOS. First of all, they are a great program year in and year out. Second that game was extremely close by the way, you act as though it wasn't, and we were w/o brock.

My opinion on columbus is just that. But if you want to know what my opinion is based on, I will tell you. Strength of schedule. I don't feel that columbus has played anyone yet, and no neither has smithville, and that was even a close game. This week will be the first week all year that columbus and smithville have played quality opponents, and in my OPINION it is very likely that they will both lose.

No hard feeling meant really, I am not on here calling anyone idiots for any reason or trying to cause much trouble. Just letting out some info and discussing football. We have a tough district, I don't feel that the last place team in this district will be w/o a victory, so smithville is likely to sneak up on somebody, I hope it isn't the buffalos. my bad then man, it was ONE of you buffs that are 4 something. :D ;) At any rate, you guys knock it off!! LOL. Let's see what happens tonight. Should be a pretty good matchup.

deer spotter
10-17-2008, 09:55 AM

No hard feeling meant really, I am not on here calling anyone idiots for any reason or trying to cause much trouble. Just letting out some info and discussing football. We have a tough district, I don't feel that the last place team in this district will be w/o a victory, so smithville is likely to sneak up on somebody, I hope it isn't the buffalos.

Buffy,your pants must be way too tight. Do you not have a memory. Have you forgotten about Needville,Smithville and Yoakum. They are all really good teams that Columbus beat. You need to forget about Mitchel resurrecting Sealy from the curb side. Just cause he says its so darn sure does not make it so. When all of your eggs are in one basket,you are at HIGH risk of the RED BIRDS spilling ALL of your eggs and making you cry. That is why I said earlier,don't forget the surrender flags. They can wipe the tears away them also. Good luck Buffy. You will surely need it. THE BIG RED MACHINE WILL WALK ALL OVER THE TIGERETTES BY 14.

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Buffy,your pants must be way too tight. Do you not have a memory. Have you forgotten about Needville,Smithville and Yoakum. They are all really good teams that Columbus beat. You need to forget about Mitchel resurrecting Sealy from the curb side. Just cause he says its so darn sure does not make it so. When all of your eggs are in one basket,you are at HIGH risk of the RED BIRDS spilling ALL of your eggs and making you cry. That is why I said earlier,don't forget the surrender flags. They can wipe the tears away them also. Good luck Buffy. You will surely need it. THE BIG RED MACHINE WILL WALK ALL OVER THE TIGERETTES BY 14.

OKAY:D

957tiger
10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Deerspotter, have you seen the Tigerettes. Now those girls can kick, and run and have some pretty good moves, but I think you were referring to the Tigers. Good news is they are pretty good themselves. Try not to have that deer in the headlights look tonight when the Tigers come your way.

STAggie
10-17-2008, 10:34 AM
LOL. Spotter you are a funny guy. I don't get this whole eggs in a basket thing. Just wait till tonight, when your beloved birds are eating crow and you look like a fool. Columbus has played nobody. Sealy hasn't played the hardest schedule but we have played some very talented teams. I think Columbus is going to be the pretender of this distirct loosing to Sealy, Giddngs, Bellville and La Grange.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 10:36 AM
will this game be webcast or on the radio?

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Didn't Columbus defeat a 4-1 Needville team?

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Didn't Columbus defeat a 4-1 Needville team?

Didn't you guys destroy needville in a scrimmage?

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Didn't you guys destroy needville in a scrimmage?

We were told scrimmages don't mean anything. Columbus did give Needville their only loss.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:28 AM
We were told scrimmages don't mean anything. Columbus did give Needville their only loss. Yup...it wasn't a scrimmage either if I remember correctly...but the Red Birds hung 21 unanswered on the Jays. 21-0. From what I remember about Columbus last year, they were big, and they were fast.

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Yup...it wasn't a scrimmage either if I remember correctly...

Bellville & Needville did play in a scrimmage, I was there. Bellville's first team had something like a 4-1 advantage over the Jays.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Bellville & Needville did play in a scrimmage, I was there. Bellville's first team had something like a 4-1 advantage over the Jays. ah, I thought it was a full blown game earlier in the season. Hence Needville's 4-1 record.

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 12:02 PM
ah, I thought it was a full blown game earlier in the season. Hence Needville's 4-1 record.

Columbus defeated Neddville 21-0 in the regular season. I would think you would know this, since you follow Needville. :confused:

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Columbus defeated Neddville 21-0 in the regular season. I would think you would know this, since you follow Needville. :confused: that's what I'm saying, but it was mentioned above that it was a scrimmage, and I thought it was regular season. With that said, yes, I follow Needville, but I also work, am a home owner w/ a bit of property to maintain, a new father, and in the process of going overseas for work...so....there are going to be things I may miss.....so your smartass attempt to be funny was not warranted. Have a nice day.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
you know what....my bad for going all Coach Gundy on you there. But yeah, I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
so your smartass attempt to be funny was not warranted. Have a nice day.

Not intended to be my friend, I actually thought you was jacking with me (You usually post the Needville scores). I initially brought this up because someone posted that Columbus hadn't played anybody. Sounds like you have a lot going on, good luck with the job overseas. Where are you going? It will be tough if you have to be away from your family. Best of luck! :)

OldBison75
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
If Columbus football team gets a fired up as the Columbus posters on this board, Sealy better watch out. It is interesting that most posters picking Sealy are not from Sealy. Maybe that tells you something like other teams respect Sealy regardless of the record they have. Columbus is big and fast. Sealy has good skill people and something to prove to those that are counting them out. Columbus has a chance to go undefeated. Sealy has a chance to get back in the district race for the championship. The results--Sealy will play hard for 48 minutes, Columbus will play hard for 48 minutes. One turnover will make the differnce and I think the Sealy pass defense could be the difference and get that turnover. I just have a felling that Sealy will find a way to win this game, but either team could be a factor later in the year, or both.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Not intended to be my friend, I actually thought you was jacking with me (You usually post the Needville scores). I initially brought this up because someone posted that Columbus hadn't played anybody. Sounds like you have a lot going on, good luck with the job overseas. Where are you going? It will be tough if you have to be away from your family. Best of luck! :) my bad man, I apologize again. Yeah...I saw that and then it was said it was a scrimmage, and I was thinking (in this particular instance) "no...it was a pre-district game". Saw Columbus last year, and read what they did to the Jays this year. Columbus is being taken too lightly in their new district if you ask me. I wish the Red Birds well!! As far as my overseas job...headed to Al Asad AB in Iraq. It will be hard being away from the family, but it will benefit us financially in a big way. Have a good one amigo.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 02:04 PM
PS.....is this game being webcast or on the radio anywhere for me to listen to?

Thanks guys and gals.