Thoughts, predictions, and comments...

solocam
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Rattlers roll

t-bird
10-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Rattlers roll

Rockdale is 6-1 though...May not be that easy.

navscanmaster
10-11-2008, 09:28 PM
It is Rockdale's home turf. I expect another tough battle for the Rattlers. They haven't proven they can stop the pass yet, and Rockdale throws the ball quite often. Drake can throw it, and Sanders is the go to man, and would start for any team in the state that does not run the Slot-T. Navasota should be the favorite, and if they play like they are capable, they will win. I will be out of town listening on the web from my laptop in Tulsa. I will also be wearing my Rattler blue! Go Snakes!

t-bird
10-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to make this game barring some weird circumstance.

navscanmaster
10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
I wonder if Casey plans to attend?:devil:

t-bird
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I wonder if Casey plans to attend?:devil:

Who's that?

navscanmaster
10-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by t-bird
Who's that?

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
You came on board too late to know.

garciap77
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Navasota rolls.

t-bird
10-11-2008, 10:40 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
You came on board too late to know.

Actually I've been on here before.

t-bird
10-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Navasota rolls.

Are very declicous.

garciap77
10-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Are very declicous. :D

t-bird
10-11-2008, 10:48 PM
:D

Lol, but I do agree.

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2008, 11:51 PM
After seeing Navasota's defense play as well as they did in the second half versus Caldwell, I am becoming more and more confident with the defense of the Rattlers. Caldwell has one hell of an offense, and for the Rattlers to practically shut the Hornets out until 22 seconds left in the game, is great defense.

Going into Rockdale will be a tough outing which is of no surprise for Navasota or anyone else who follows high school football. This game scares me due to two reasons: 1. Rockdale lost their district opener and really cant afford to lose another game, especially still having to face Caldwell. 2. Rockdale plays great defense and are tough at home. They gave the defending state champs, Liberty Hill, all they wanted at Tiger Stadium a season ago.

Rockdale has shown that they can score, but, can their defense play a full 4 quarters and keep the Rattlers out of the endzone. So far, Caldwell has played the Rattlers the best on the defensive side of the ball. One tactic that the Hornets used was chewing up the clock.

With all the hypothetical situations, this game should be another fantastic District 24 matchup.

Navasota 35
Rockdale 27

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
They gave the defending state champs, Liberty Hill, all they wanted at Tiger Stadium a season ago.
The game was here. ;)

t-bird
10-12-2008, 12:01 AM
After seeing Navasota's defense play as well as they did in the second half versus Caldwell, I am becoming more and more confident with the defense of the Rattlers. Caldwell has one hell of an offense, and for the Rattlers to practically shut the Hornets out until 22 seconds left in the game, is great defense.

Going into Rockdale will be a tough outing which is of no surprise for Navasota or anyone else who follows high school football. This game scares me due to two reasons: 1. Rockdale lost their district opener and really cant afford to lose another game, especially still having to face Caldwell. 2. Rockdale plays great defense and are tough at home. They gave the defending state champs, Liberty Hill, all they wanted at Tiger Stadium a season ago.

Rockdale has shown that they can score, but, can their defense play a full 4 quarters and keep the Rattlers out of the endzone. So far, Caldwell has played the Rattlers the best on the defensive side of the ball. One tactic that the Hornets used was chewing up the clock.

With all the hypothetical situations, this game should be another fantastic District 24 matchup.

Navasota 35
Rockdale 27

In a district like this, there is going to be a good team that won't end up going to the playoffs.

rockdale80
10-12-2008, 01:09 AM
In a district like this, there is going to be a good team that won't end up going to the playoffs.

No doubt about that. I firmly believe that you could take the 4th place team out of this district and they could win several districts across the state. There is also a possibility a team can sit at home with an 8-2 record. :eek:

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
No doubt about that. I firmly believe that you could take the 4th place team out of this district and they could win several districts across the state. There is also a possibility a team can sit at home with an 8-2 record. :eek:
Well, you are right. That would definitely be a hard way to sit down in November. But the possibility of it happening is slim. Rockdale would have to lose to either Caldwell or Navasota and beat one of the two. Cameron would going 8-2 still secures a playoff spot. Only Navasota could fall into this category by losing to both Cameron and Rockdale, and then it would only be 7-2 for the Rattlers. No, I think 8-2 will get any of these guys in the playoffs, even as tough as this district is. Here is an interesting scenario for you:
Rockdale 54, Madisonville 2
Madisonville 48, Taylor 32

Rockdale vs. Taylor????

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The game was here. ;)

Wow, I didn't realize that. Even more impressive for the Tigers. Thanks mom.

nunya
10-12-2008, 11:28 AM
I gotta ask:

What on Earth has happened to Taylor? If I didn't know better, I'd think they just gave up after the loss to Cameron. There's absolutely no reason why they could lose to Madisonville because they put up a decent effort against the Yoemen the week before.

nunya
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
The worst Caldwell could finish without making the playoffs would be 6-3. That is, if the Hornets lose one more district game and are left at home due to a tie-breaker system.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by nunya
I gotta ask:

What on Earth has happened to Taylor? If I didn't know better, I'd think they just gave up after the loss to Cameron. There's absolutely no reason why they could lose to Madisonville because they put up a decent effort against the Yoemen the week before.

I heard that just as well as Cameron played against Rockdale, they played just as poorly against Taylor.

nunya
10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I heard that just as well as Cameron played against Rockdale, they played just as poorly against Taylor.

...or something. Good grief. The scary part of that is teams like Taylor can play spoiler when they play a game shearly for respect, so Caldwell better prepare for that road game in three weeks.

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 11:42 AM
I gotta ask:

Whaley was back at full force.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Whaley was back at full force.

what I was thinkin...
If any team can play spoiler, it could be Madisonville.

OldBison75
10-12-2008, 12:33 PM
This will be another great game matching the Rattlers with a capable Rockdale team. The home fans will motivate the boys from Rockfdale as much as playing a high ranked team. I think they will respond to the game situation like they did against LH last year. But, they will not hold the Rattlers down for 4 quarters. Too much Stokes, and Jackson, and Pratt will finally put on the running show against a good team this week. Expect him to carry at least 22 varries and wear down the Rockdale front 7. Rattlers by 13.

nunya
10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
I respect Navasota, but I don't think they're concerned enough.

venomous tat2
10-12-2008, 01:21 PM
I respect Navasota, but I don't think they're concerned enough.

Better quess again :cool: don't fool yourself we know what they can do .

cameron91
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
another great test for the rattlers and i can see them beating dale by 2 td's ...my wife is kin to the PRATTS :( , so I must pull for them.she said if I didn't i can no longer wear her family reunion shirt.:mad:

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
another great test for the rattlers and i can see them beating dale by 2 td's ...my wife is kin to the PRATTS :( , so I must pull for them.she said if I didn't i can no longer wear her family reunion shirt.:mad:

Wow, so, maybe you should come and wear Rattler Blue.?:D

Daddy D 11
10-12-2008, 04:10 PM
It is Rockdale's home turf. I expect another tough battle for the Rattlers. They haven't proven they can stop the pass yet, and Rockdale throws the ball quite often. Drake can throw it, and Sanders is the go to man, and would start for any team in the state that does not run the Slot-T. Navasota should be the favorite, and if they play like they are capable, they will win. I will be out of town listening on the web from my laptop in Tulsa. I will also be wearing my Rattler blue! Go Snakes!

Rockdale runs the Slot-T? :confused:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Actually I've been on here before. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Rockdale runs the Slot-T? :confused:

In other words, Sanders is a good receiver that would start for any team THAT DOES NOT run the Slot-T. His services would not be needed on a running team like LH. I could be wrong, maybe he is a great blocker and could be a tight end in that offense, catching the occasional pass. It is just speculation. I was really making the point that Sanders is a great receiver and a threat the Rattlers will have to attempt to contain.

cameron91
10-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Wow, so, maybe you should come and wear Rattler Blue.?

dats all I wear is BLUE..:D minus the snake:D

t-bird
10-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Yep.

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
Wow, so, maybe you should come and wear Rattler Blue.?

dats all I wear is BLUE..:D minus the snake:D

Ok, got ya.....

zebrablue2
10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
rattlers by 2 tds..

UPanIN
10-13-2008, 02:54 PM
After seeing Navasota's defense play as well as they did in the second half versus Caldwell, I am becoming more and more confident with the defense of the Rattlers.

This is why I'm not sure Navasota's "D" can stand up. If you only hold for a half you put yourself in a position to get beat. They didn't stop Caldwell at all the first half and when you put your team in a 14 - 0 hole your begging to be beat.

Navasota did look alot better in the 2nd half "D" wise and I hope that's the true team. Rockdale will not be easy and if the Rattlers give them a spark it'll be even harder.

Navasota by 10.:cheerl:

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
This is why I'm not sure Navasota's "D" can stand up. If you only hold for a half you put yourself in a position to get beat. They didn't stop Caldwell at all the first half and when you put your team in a 14 - 0 hole your begging to be beat.

Navasota did look alot better in the 2nd half "D" wise and I hope that's the true team. Rockdale will not be easy and if the Rattlers give them a spark it'll be even harder.

Navasota by 10.:cheerl:

I hear what you are saying, but that is why the game is played. Its a game of quarters and halves. You make adjustments as you go. And, playing better in the second half on defense, got Navasota a victory. Granted, they might not be as fortunate next time. Remember this time last year, Navasota would have lost against Caldwell. I praise the team and give them credit. I mean, what can we ask for after the defense that the Rattlers played last year.

The defense is very capable. They just have to know that it is possible. I think that they made huge strides this past Friday.

Congrats Snakes!

navscanmaster
10-13-2008, 04:41 PM
I hear what you are saying, but that is why the game is played. Its a game of quarters and halves. You make adjustments as you go. And, playing better in the second half on defense, got Navasota a victory. Granted, they might not be as fortunate next time. Remember this time last year, Navasota would have lost against Caldwell. I praise the team and give them credit. I mean, what can we ask for after the defense that the Rattlers played last year.

The defense is very capable. They just have to know that it is possible. I think that they made huge strides this past Friday.

Congrats Snakes!

Agreed. I believe they had reached that adjustment turning point in the first half with the fourth down stop that was negated by a sideline warning. That could have been a huge morale killer, but they stayed with it. It does speak volumes that Navasota only allowed one touchdown on the ground. Could the Hornets have scored more? Yes, but they could have been stopped like they were four times in important short yardage plays. I think Rockdale has the ability to move the ball consistently if they keep things balanced.

OldBison75
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Anyone that wants to question the Rattler defense better think again. Yes, the Rattlers gave up over 400 yards of offense to the Hornets. But, they stopped them on fourth and short on more than one occasion. In addition, they gave up some really big runs , i think only two over eight yards. Caldwell had numerous offensive touches since the rattler passing was working fairly well.
Navasota played the second half with a strong defense. Gave up alot less yards in the second half.Now, like I have said before, Caldwell is a quality team that will likely go two or three rounds deep in the playoffs. I challenge anyone to play Caldwell and now and think they would dominate- won't happen - Hornets will beat you if you slip up at all.

Johnny Utah
10-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Hope it is a great game. Fair week is always a concern but if the Tigers are focused they should give the Rattlers all they can handle.

Global Swarming
10-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Since we're off this week. I was thinking about making this game. Can someone tell me if I will have a problem getting around in my wheel chair? Being in a wheelchair sure limits mobility not to mention that it just sucks. Alot of the older stadiums are just not as accesible to wheelchairs as the newer stadiums. Can I park close enough to the stadium that I won't have to wheel myself a long ways to get in?

UPanIN
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I guess from some of the post about the Rattler "D" I'll have to step back and take another look.

But I got to tell you a good running team still gives me pause. Mixed in with some timely pass plays it's not a good feeling.

I'm sure the Rattler coaches will adjust and fix the "D" just as they did last Friday night.

GO RATTLERS!

87 TIGER
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Since we're off this week. I was thinking about making this game. Can someone tell me if I will have a problem getting around in my wheel chair? Being in a wheelchair sure limits mobility not to mention that it just sucks. Alot of the older stadiums are just not as accesible to wheelchairs as the newer stadiums. Can I park close enough to the stadium that I won't have to wheel myself a long ways to get in? Home side yes, visitor side I'm not sure.

Global Swarming
10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I appreciate it.

bigYoe
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I do see Navasota taking this one in easy fashion. Rockdale has a great team but i dont think they quite know how to utilize the talent. When we played them it was like Drake was ONLY looking for Sanders when he threw it and besides that it was just a mediocre team. They do have a pretty fast RB but i forgot his name but We were beating them 28-0 at half and then that lil RB scored like 3 or 4 td's in the fourth quarter alone. It could've been taht we had ALL second string in by then.

venomous tat2
10-14-2008, 02:46 PM
heard that Rockdale's rb failed out and won't be playing don't know how true that is but it came fron their camp . :thinking:

87 TIGER
10-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Correct. # 2 RB moved to starter and the jv RB already pulled up to varsity 2 weeks ago for defense will be the back up.The Tigers defense will have to play a great game as well as the offense. Kids are out of school Friday for the Fair so hopefully they will be focused on the Rattlers and not Aaron Watson. Should be a good game hope both teams stay healthy & good luck

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, I see that the forecast calls for an 80% chance of rain on Wednesday and a 60% on Thursday. I hope that the field isn't too bad on Friday.

RTigMom
10-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Global Swarming,

There is wheelchair access on the visitor side also. Or, if you want to sit on the Rockdale side there is handicapped parking right at the front gate and special areas for wheelchairs on both sides (home and visitors) in the stands.

ctownlegend
10-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
heard that Rockdale's rb failed out and won't be playing don't know how true that is but it came fron their camp . :thinking:
If you are talking about #5 Cois Walker, I have heard he quit. I know the kid personally, and he is NOT one who has EVER had trouble with grades. I spoke with him after we played rockdale and he was extremely frustrated with the coaching staff. He felt as if they did not give him a chance to: "...do what I can do."

I have heard this about Rockdale's staff before, when White was in the backfield as an underclassman he was given a limited roll.

Anyway. As far as I know, #5 quit after the madisonville game two weeks ago...and yes the very shifty #2 (Chelf i believe is his name) is in the backfield.

On the game...I think it will be a good one IF rockdale can find away to limit navasota's passing game. The tigers are pretty solid as far as run defense...

87 TIGER
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by ctownlegend
If you are talking about #5 Cois Walker, I have heard he quit. I know the kid personally, and he is NOT one who has EVER had trouble with grades. I spoke with him after we played rockdale and he was extremely frustrated with the coaching staff. He felt as if they did not give him a chance to: "...do what I can do."

I have heard this about Rockdale's staff before, when White was in the backfield as an underclassman he was given a limited roll.

Anyway. As far as I know, #5 quit after the madisonville game two weeks ago...and yes the very shifty #2 (Chelf i believe is his name) is in the backfield.

On the game...I think it will be a good one IF rockdale can find away to limit navasota's passing game. The tigers are pretty solid as far as run defense... IMO he had 3 quarters to " do what he can do " He was never given a limited role he was the starter. I first heard he quit but have learned unfortunately it was grades.

ctownlegend
10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
I completely agree. Three quarters and four games is a sufficient amount of time to solidify your spot on the roster. I didn't mean to take his side and say that he was wronged. The only reason why I mentioned that was because I heard the same sort of story from White a couple years ago.

Unfortunate about the grades though. Thats a shame with it being his senior year and all. :dispntd:

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2008, 11:28 PM
To: Navasota Rattlers Varsity Squad

I understand you guys played a very hard fought game against Caldwell inwhich you pulled out a victory. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't get the "big head" going into Rockdale. Rockdale, who is 6-1, is a team that is very capable of making you look like fools if you think they are just going to lay down, allow you to come into their stadium, and walk out with a victory. They have one loss for a reason. Just as Caldwell came into Rattler Stadium, with one defeat, and nearly beat you guys, Rockdale, will give you all that you want and then some. BE PREPARED!!! You guys have not finished putting the puzzle together. Wins agains Rudder and Caldwell are good wins, but, you still have 4 games to go. Rains from tomorrow and Thursday may have an effect in the game. So, you can't go into the game thinking you will win because you are THE STATE RANKED NAVASOTA RATTLERS. You have a bull's eye on your back. It is time you guys realized that and play to your full capabilities.

The fans loved that defense you guys played in the second half against Caldwell. And, I didn't know that Donovan Chamber could move that fast. Great Job Defense! We look for more of that performance this week in Rockdale.

Good luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey, Happy 1000th post to me!!:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2008, 09:48 PM

navscanmaster
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
You want a cookie, man? I'm too far away, so all I can do is say congrats on 1000. Sorry.

:D :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2008, 10:47 PM
You want a cookie, man? I'm too far away, so all I can do is say congrats on 1000. Sorry.

:D :D

Dang it! LOL:(

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Hey, Happy 1000th post to me!!:clap:
:clap: Good job!

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:clap: Good job!

thanks Mom:inlove:

navscanmaster
10-16-2008, 11:41 AM
One more day, one more day. I get to drive a big rig all day, and go back to my room and listen to the big game! Woo hoo!:cool:

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2008, 06:25 PM
One more day, one more day. I get to drive a big rig all day, and go back to my room and listen to the big game! Woo hoo!:cool:

Sure hate that you will not be there...

ProudHornetMom
10-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Many from Caldwell will be at the game since we have an off week. Anxious to see how the Tigers do against the Rattlers.

Global Swarming
10-16-2008, 08:08 PM
A few of us are going tomorrow night. I guess that we'll be on the visitor"s side. If you see a shaved head, one legged guy in a wheel chair be sure to wave or come talk to me. I would like to me some of the people that are on here.

navscanmaster
10-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
A few of us are going tomorrow night. I guess that we'll be on the visitor"s side. If you see a shaved head, one legged guy in a wheel chair be sure to wave or come talk to me. I would like to me some of the people that are on here.
Dang, I sure would like to meet you guys and gals.:( Maybe we can follow each other in the playoffs (assuming we both make it, not jumping the gun, Rockdale, Cameron, and Madisonville.)

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Rockdale Reporter Online
http://www.rockdalereporter.com/Sports/navasotatrio101608.htm
Trio of trouble

Navasota presents a 3D-pronged problem for any defense it faces

BY Bill Martin
Reporter Sports Editor

 While LSU-committee Dexter Pratt garners most of the attention on the Navasota football team, the Rattlers are hardly a one man show.
 While the running back leads the No. 4 Rattlers (5-0, 2-0) into Tiger Stadium Friday night at 7:30, he brings plenty of help with him in wide receiver Brandal Jackson and quarterback Jacolby Stokes.
 While Pratt has verbalized his intentions of playing for the Bayou Bengals, Jackson will also have the opportunity to continue his playing career, just up the road at Texas A&M.
 Stokes is uncommitted at present, but will no doubt have a host of offers to choose from.
 “You’re not going to see a more talented team,” said Rockdale Coach Jeff Miller. “But, we’ve been looking forward to this game. We’re not scared of them and we think we can play with them.”
 The trio combined for nearly 5,000 yards of offense last season to secure Navasota’s first playoff win since 1996.
 Pratt ran for 2,054 yards and 20 touchdowns. Stokes passed for 1,922 yards and 19 touchdowns and Jackson caught 756 yards worth of passes.
 It took state champion Liberty Hill to push the 9-4 Rattlers out of the playoffs last season in the regional quarterfinals.
 However, Caldwell proved the Rattlers aren’t entirely invincible, missing a chance at victory after missing a two-point conversion attempt with 22 seconds left in the game and Navasota escaped with a 28-27 win.
 Navasota rallied for 14 points in the fourth quarter after giving up three first half touchdowns and trailing 21-14 at halftime.
 Pratt was limited to 79 yards on 12 carries. The Rattlers had just 163 yards rushing.
 “Caldwell did what you have to do against them—keep the ball away from them,” Miller said. “They also stopped them two or three times.
 “The game proves one thing. Either Navasota isn’t invincible or Caldwell is a pretty dang good football team too.”
 For the first time this season, the Tigers will be the underdog in the game.
 The Tigers have won five straight at home and nine of the last 10 regular season games.
 They have also surrendered just nine points in the past two outings.
 “The best defense is to keep a good offense off the field,” Miller said. “And right now we’re playing as good a defense as we have played all year.”

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Rattlers and fans, I surely hope you guys are ready tomorrow night. This will not be easy going into Rockdale.

navscanmaster
10-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Rattlers and fans, I surely hope you guys are ready tomorrow night. This will not be easy going into Rockdale.
I'll be ready for sure. I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE to do tomorrow night (I choose not to visit the local topless club with the other guys), so I will be sitting here, listening to the Rattlers, and I will do a post-per-possession type update thread, with every play in a possession listed in one post. That will give us a complete game analysis, as well as up to date/QBQ stats. I am that bored, folks...:( :D

ctownlegend
10-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Rockdale Reporter Online
http://www.rockdalereporter.com/Sports/navasotatrio101608.htm
 “You’re not going to see a more talented team,” said Rockdale Coach Jeff Miller. “But, we’ve been looking forward to this game. We’re not scared of them and we think we can play with them.”
 “The best defense is to keep a good offense off the field,” Miller said. “And right now we’re playing as good a defense as we have played all year.”

I like the way this coach is so confident in his players, but honestly, you don't say that kind of stuff to a paper. All that does is give Navasota bulliten board material. This is the kind of stuff you put on everyones locker, not that it's needed, but come on now...instill confidence to your players during practice, and pre-game. Don't try to do it through the newspaper.
Miller said something about establishing a running game against Cameron's D before the battle of the bell...Cameron had it on every inch of their locker room. It's not like they needed anymore motivation, I mean, it was the Battle of the Bell. But to those kids that kind of stuff is a slap in their face, and it makes them want to come out and shove it back down their throats...unwise by Miller in my eyes...

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I'll be ready for sure. I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE to do tomorrow night (I choose not to visit the local topless club with the other guys), so I will be sitting here, listening to the Rattlers, and I will do a post-per-possession type update thread, with every play in a possession listed in one post. That will give us a complete game analysis, as well as up to date/QBQ stats. I am that bored, folks...:( :D

:eek:

King_LeYoeNidas
10-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Miller also said the reason the Tigers lost to Cameron is because the Tigers played "As terrible as they possibly could" following the game. 2 weeks later. I guess being thrashed for 3 1/2 quarters before given mercy points can make one delusional.

OldBison75
10-17-2008, 07:28 AM
GAMEDAY!!!! Finally!!!!!

The Rattlers have had a great week of preparation and are ready. Talked to a player last night that said that they worked hard all week on the running game. Prat is chomping at the bit to show his stuff since he has been limited in carrys all year.

About Pratt, I want everyone to realize how special a kid he is. This young man has future star on his resume, already verbally committed to LSU, and could have a bad attitude about not being used enough. Not Pratt, he is thrilled the team is winning and has shown all year that he will make the best of whatever they asked him to do. He blocks well, runs pass routes, and plays defense when needed. (NOTE: He is probably the best linebacker on the team but seldom plays that position) It is a pleasure to see a young athlete that is so well grounded and dedicated to the team goal instead of his own glory. A respectful and honest kid that works hard on his education and looks forward to team success, he never complains--just performs at 100% all the time.

Should be a great game, can't wait for the kickoff.

garciap77
10-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Someone say Hi to Go Blue!

HEMOTOXIC
10-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Someone say Hi to Go Blue!

Speaking of Go Blue, Where is he?

rockdale80
10-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Miller also said the reason the Tigers lost to Cameron is because the Tigers played "As terrible as they possibly could" following the game. 2 weeks later. I guess being thrashed for 3 1/2 quarters before given mercy points can make one delusional.

Typical of you to try to find something that isnt there. :hand:

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Rattlers by at least 2 TDs.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Typical??? Did he or did he not say it? Should I post the link? Thanks.

bigYoe
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, I did see the link and I've seen Rockdale Play two games this year and one was against us and the other was against Madisonville. They looked like 2 different teams though, but i know when they played Madisonville, Madisonville didnt have Whaley and from what i hear Whaley is Madisonville's team. We will see tonight if that is true or not as seeing we play them tonight and Whaley will be playing. Not taking away from Rockdale but when they played us, I wasnt really as impressed as people thought we should be. I know they have a good team but I dont understand why they didnt execute the whole game like they did in the 4th Quarter. Sanders kicked butt in the end and so did that RB Chelf, who I thought should've played the whole game and it might have been a "Battle of The Bell" for the ages.

garciap77
10-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Speaking of Go Blue, Where is he?

Banned!

:(

rockdale80
10-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Well, I did see the link and I've seen Rockdale Play two games this year and one was against us and the other was against Madisonville. They looked like 2 different teams though, but i know when they played Madisonville, Madisonville didnt have Whaley and from what i hear Whaley is Madisonville's team. We will see tonight if that is true or not as seeing we play them tonight and Whaley will be playing. Not taking away from Rockdale but when they played us, I wasnt really as impressed as people thought we should be. I know they have a good team but I dont understand why they didnt execute the whole game like they did in the 4th Quarter. Sanders kicked butt in the end and so did that RB Chelf, who I thought should've played the whole game and it might have been a "Battle of The Bell" for the ages.

Cameron came out and hit Rockdale in the mouth. They never recovered from the forst 5 minutes of the game until it was too late. Congrats on the nice win.

RTigMom
10-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Beginning tonight the playoff picture will begin to emerge for District 24 3A.

Rockdale still has to play Navasota, Caldwell, and Taylor. We know how good Navasota and Caldwell are and we never take Taylor for granted. Navasota and Caldwell have proven they are excellent and Rockdale will have to be prepared and ready to play. We will find out how good Rockdale is. I will be cheering our boys no matter what. And, actually Whaley did play in Rockdale. He may not have been 100% but he played the majority of the game.

Cameron still has Madisonville, Navasota and Caldwell to play. And since they thrashed Rockdale, we will see how good they really are. Last week we listened to the Navasota and Caldwell game and it sounded like both teams were ready to play and it was a barn burner. I congratulate you on that. Also, I applaud Navasota's good sportmanship through all of the threads that been put on here about this game. Hope to meet some of you at the game tonight.

Global Swarming, you can sit on the Rockdale side. You will be welcomed. Caldwell Hornet Mom, good luck the rest of the season. We will see you next week.

On a side note! I went to the Brownwood and Liberty Hill game.
It had to have been one of the best football games I have ever seen. I sat on the Liberty Hill side and met LH Panther Mom. I actually wore purple that night. Thanks for your hospitality.

Good luck to all the teams in our district. I think it is a talented and tough district. I just happen to want my son's team to win.
Good luck Tigers! I am behind you all the way.

Global Swarming
10-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the invitation RTigMom. But I have a wheelchair, I can sit anywhere lol. My friends will be on the visitors side so that's probably where I will be also. I would like to meet some of y'all that are on here. I noticed the last time I was in Rockdale that fans couldn't go from one side to the other. I don't know if that's just for students or not. Or maybe I'm thinking about Smithville. But if y'all can sneak over there to see me for a minute I would appreciate it. Looking forward to a good game tonight. Like I said earlier, I am indifferent to who wins. I just want to look at Rockdale and see what we are up against next week. Hope it will be comparable to Caldwell- Navasota game last week.

87 TIGER
10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Well, I did see the link and I've seen Rockdale Play two games this year and one was against us and the other was against Madisonville. They looked like 2 different teams though, but i know when they played Madisonville, Madisonville didnt have Whaley and from what i hear Whaley is Madisonville's team. We will see tonight if that is true or not as seeing we play them tonight and Whaley will be playing. Not taking away from Rockdale but when they played us, I wasnt really as impressed as people thought we should be. I know they have a good team but I dont understand why they didnt execute the whole game like they did in the 4th Quarter. Sanders kicked butt in the end and so did that RB Chelf, who I thought should've played the whole game and it might have been a "Battle of The Bell" for the ages. You went to the game? Whaley played the entire game,( he was the big guy in the backfield) he couldnt get on track. Tigers held him to 60 yds. And yes he is the whole team. Good luck to all tonight and stay healthy.

navscanmaster
10-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
You went to the game? Whaley played the entire game,( he was the big guy in the backfield) he couldnt get on track. Tigers held him to 60 yds. And yes he is the whole team. Good luck to all tonight and stay healthy.
Almost here! I will start a thread in a few for updates for those of you who are listening to another game at home. If you choose to listen to this game, it should be live starting at 7 at www.navasotanews.com. Go Rattlers!