PDA

View Full Version : WOS87 "Non-Rolling" 3A Power Ratings for Week 6 2008

WOS87
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I've changed the look of the table a bit but the mathematical process remains exactly the same....

I've only listed the 177 3A teams in order to preserve space and not overload you with data. Each of the columns listed after the current rating column is the performance rating of each individual game from each of the first 7 weeks this season.

The overall rating is simply the average of the performance ratings of all games played.

As the example I'll use Argyle since they've played ONLY 3A teams each game this season:

Week 0: Argyle beat Iowa Park by 44 (Iowa Park's rating -6.52 + 44 = 37.48 --- which is Argyle's performance rating for Week 0)
Week 1: Argyle lost to Burkburnett by 12 (39.01 - 12 = 27.01)
Week 2: Argyle beat Vernon by 14 (12.30 + 14 = 26.30)
Week 3: Argyle beat Decatur by 45 (11.54 + 45 = 56.54)
Week 4: Argyle lost to Bridgeport by 6 (41.84 - 6 = 35.84)
Week 6: Argyle lost to Prosper by 21 (38.22 - 21 = 17.22)

The average of the 6 individual game ratings for Argyle should equal exactly 33.40, which is their current overall rating.

If you perform the above calculation for each and every team you should derive each and every rating as listed below. (for those of you who REALLY want to do that, PM me and I'll be happy to send you the ratings of all of the non-3A opponents).

My point in showing all of this is so that you can see which individual games are bringing your rating either down or up, and it should also show why certain teams are rated higher than teams that they have lost to.

And again as a disclaimer: This is only meant to be an interesting mathematical analysis of the season so far. It does NOT reflect my own personal opinion in regards to which teams are actually superior to others.

Region I teams are listed in BLUE
Region II teams are listed in RED
Region III teams are listed in GREEN
Region IV teams are listed in PURPLE

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/scores/2008/3aprweek6.gif