Guess it's too early????

garciap77
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Needville by 7.

navscanmaster
10-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Needville by 7.
Double that. Jays by 14 at least. Good district matchup.

TigerFan51
10-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Okie dokey, well, thanks!

OldBison75
10-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Needville by 10 because of a good defense and better coaching. Needville will control the game tempo and make enough good defensive stops to win.

Dogs_21
10-12-2008, 01:38 PM
needville by 17

TigerFan51
10-12-2008, 01:50 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Wharton has anything "new" up their sleeve for this next week and the rest of the season...hmmm...never know! Things could very well change before game time this next Friday night.

maestro
10-12-2008, 07:01 PM
i the past, it was needville's strength vs wharton finesse.

wharton is no longer finesse....

needville is still strong and big...

if wharton refuses to be pushed around in the trenches, things could be interesting.

IHStangFan
10-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Gimme the Jays by 10.

TIGER FAN
10-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
It'll be interesting to see if Wharton has anything "new" up their sleeve for this next week and the rest of the season...hmmm...never know! Things could very well change before game time this next Friday night.
I agree! I think we will see some changes this week. The Tigers now have a taste of victory! They will be out for blood!:devil:

TigerFan51
10-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Heard through the grapevine...and we all know how that grapvine can be...that Coach was trying to play as many different players as possible this past week since it was homecoming.:crazy: :eek: :catredx:

Now that the Homecoming hooplah is all over, perhaps the game this week will be played with much more focus.

TIGER FAN
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Heard through the grapevine...and we all know how that grapvine can be...that Coach was trying to play as many different players as possible this past week since it was homecoming.:crazy: :eek: :catredx:

Now that the Homecoming hooplah is all over, perhaps the game this week will be played with much more focus.

Well TigerFan51, I have to disagree with you on this one. I don't believe any coach let alone coach Hunt is going to play all players just because of a homecoming game! He is going to put the best players on the field to win the game!

fireman1
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
should be a good game

JDOG
10-13-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm not buying the Homecoming stuff either. Jays win 31-13

2-ONES
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I like Wharton in this one, they have had a tougher schedule.
Very close game.

TigerFan51
10-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
Well TigerFan51, I have to disagree with you on this one. I don't believe any coach let alone coach Hunt is going to play all players just because of a homecoming game! He is going to put the best players on the field to win the game!

Didn't I preface my post by saying, we all know how the grapevine stuff can be. I didn't say that's the way it was just something I heard, and again, that's all it was...nothing more. I'd never say that any coach would actually do this.

Needville 31-13...????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Didn't I preface my post by saying, we all know how the grapevine stuff can be. I didn't say that's the way it was just something I heard, and again, that's all it was...nothing more. I'd never say that any coach would actually do this.

Needville 31-13...????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Wharton won't stop Neeville's Running game. LaCroy is gonna make some Tigers think twice about squaring up with him.

Also, Berry will drop that little pass over the top to the TE. Needville 31-13 sounds good to me.

raider red 2000
10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Wharton won't stop Neeville's Running game. LaCroy is gonna make some Tigers think twice about squaring up with him.

Also, Berry will drop that little pass over the top to the TE. Needville 31-13 sounds good to me.

sure dude :)

glad that the district God has spoken....i wonder how many picks you have actually gotten right this year ;)

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

glad that the district God has spoken....i wonder how many picks you have actually gotten right this year ;) Well, If I didn't pick WC in every game, Quite a few. Only thing is, If I didn't pick them..... I would be crucified at school.

To be honest, I don't care about the other teams. Just so long as they beat up on each other.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
I chose Needville, but I don't think that the Bluejays will run away with this one. Wharton gave Bellville a descent game.

Needville by 13.

TigerFan51
10-15-2008, 06:46 AM

glad that the district God has spoken....i wonder how many picks you have actually gotten right this year ;)

Raider red, he is SO hoping that his predicted scenario for this game works out his way. It would put WC in a better position as far as district standings go. I know for a fact his predictions of Wharton getting blown out by 30 to 40 points by all of our pre-districts opponents sure didn't happen and the 50-60 blowout by El Campo didn't happen either. This will be a very close game...one Wharton will be prepared for!

And such a charming and sportsmanlike statement about all of us "other" teams beating up on each other. Is this the only chance he thinks WC will have a chance...if the rest of us are beaten up? Let's face the facts...none of us in our district are powerhouses or are incredibly stronger than the other this year. The strongest team in district this year is probably Sweeny!

teetle
10-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Needville will win this one. I know thay I say Needville was no good but they prove me wrong. That Roark got it going on. I beleive in those Jays. Wharton will play tougher than you think. But I still have to go with the Jays. God bless America.

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 10:52 AM
yup...I have to agree...I picked the Jays by 10....but I very seriously doubt it'll be a blowout either way. I DON'T doubt the Tigers could pull off the win either. But I have to stand by my Jays. LaCroy, Grant, Hadjik, Berry and company will get it done.

raider red 2000
10-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup...I have to agree...I picked the Jays by 10....but I very seriously doubt it'll be a blowout either way. I DON'T doubt the Tigers could pull off the win either. But I have to stand by my Jays. LaCroy, Grant, Hadjik, Berry and company will get it done.

is grant realted to Bianca grant.....track girl....she is quite an athlete.

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 11:03 AM
is grant realted to Bianca grant.....track girl....she is quite an athlete. not positive, but my guess would be yes...Needville is a small town, and Grant is quite fast.

TigerFan51
10-15-2008, 03:45 PM
yup,but I very seriously doubt it'll be a blowout either way. I DON'T doubt the Tigers could pull off the win either.

I agree. This will not be a runaway by either team and it will be very close...possibly another nailbiter. Of course, I have to pull for my Tigers and I understand your loyalties, Stang. Good luck to ya. We're looking forward to an awesome game day after tomorrow!

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
I agree. This will not be a runaway by either team and it will be very close...possibly another nailbiter. Of course, I have to pull for my Tigers and I understand your loyalties, Stang. Good luck to ya. We're looking forward to an awesome game day after tomorrow! yes sir....I'm with ya. I'm hoping that the Stang family can make this game in Wharton....won't know till gameday probably though.

onsideanytime
10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
six weeks ended for both schools, i am wondering if either team lost some players to grades, i know in the past wharton usually loses some kids, needville usually loses 1 or 2

TigerFan51
10-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by onsideanytime
six weeks ended for both schools, i am wondering if either team lost some players to grades, i know in the past wharton usually loses some kids, needville usually loses 1 or 2

No, we did not lose any on varsity...the word is. If any were failing at progress report time mandatory tutorials were required in whatever subject area a student was failing. This was for the ENTIRE student body, not just athletes.

raider red 2000
10-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by onsideanytime

i think it has been a while sence wharton has lost a varsity kid to grades after the first six weeks.

IHStangFan
10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
No, we did not lose any on varsity...the word is. If any were failing at progress report time mandatory tutorials were required in whatever subject area a student was failing. This was for the ENTIRE student body, not just athletes. mandatory tutorials......wow....some school systems are still getting it right. I figured w/ all of the "you can't discipline my child" folks out there, those were a thing of the past. Good for Wharton. Not sure if Needville does that sort of thing, but I'd guess they do if put on the spot about it. Not sure if we lost anyone to grades though.

jaydog34
10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
I think the way needvilles defense played the other night this could be a one sided affair. I saw needville physically control west columbia last week. They played very well. I hear wharton runs the veer/option. Ever since I have been watching blue jay football they have always played the option teams well. They beat port lavaca two year in a row very easy while port lavaca was steam rolling thier district and play off opponents. I would have to say the edge goes to needville in this one. needvilles offense is due for another big week as well. look out tigers through the air although the weather could hurt that a little. But if the weather is bad and needville has to resort to thier running game where they control the clock and the ball. wharton will be in trouble.

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Guys,

It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. We have company coming in.

:(

raider red 2000
10-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Guys,

It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. We have company coming in.

:(

bring em with you

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 10:21 AM
bring em with you doubt that's gonna happen. I really wish KULP was carrying this game instead of the El Campo game. :(

IHStangFan
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
GO JAYS!!! :clap: :D

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Jays by 14.

themsu97
10-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Good rivalry... Jays will win since their coaching staff got better two years ago when they got rid of a horrible jr hi coach...;)