PDA

View Full Version : A&m

eagles_victory
10-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Is getting destroyed again right now against a team who looked horrible last week.

JR2004
10-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Looks like A&M is having a good game yardage-wise, but not getting enough points on the board. The boxscore has Freeman at 18-20 right now for the Wildcats. It's been a long time since A&M has been this down. Even the bad years under Franchione weren't like this.

Necks_Fan
10-11-2008, 03:24 PM
They will have their days again. Teams like A&M and whatnot don't stay down long. Granted, they will probably not win a title or anything... but atleast be better than this.

eagles_victory
10-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
They will have their days again. Teams like A&M and whatnot don't stay down long. Granted, they will probably not win a title or anything... but atleast be better than this. You could argue they have been down for the past 8 years or so.

JR2004
10-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Well they held and are hanging around just down 14 right now. Johnson appears to be having as good a day as his counterpart for K State.

Necks_Fan
10-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well they held and are hanging around just down 14 right now. Johnson appears to be having as good a day as his counterpart for K State. I gained alot of respect for Freeman when he torched UT.

JR2004
10-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I gained alot of respect for Freeman when he torched UT.

Freeman was one of the best QB's in the country coming out of high school. He participated in the Elite 11 Quarterback Camp before his senior year in high school. Too bad he chose to go to the wrong school.

JR2004
10-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Looks like this one is all but over with A&M down 37-16 with under 4 minutes left. They've got over 400 yards, no turnovers, but apparently a lot of those yards are between the 20's today.

I hope the folks on TexAgs don't get too mad over this loss. I suspect they probably will though since this was a home game. I imagine it'll probably be some anger similar to what UT fans put on Orangebloods after the KState loss last year.

EDIT: Nevermind. A few of them have already turned on the team and think the school record of 9 losses in a season is within reach. I don't think that'll happen as they only need to come up with two more wins to avoid that. I guess the positive in showing frustration is it shows the Ags do care a lot about their team.

JR2004
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
44-23 Wildcats. That last Wildcat TD appears to be a cheap one though as I believe A&M went for the onside kick after their last TD so KState didn't really have to go that far for the score.

Johnson is up to 27-39 for 360 yards and a TD. He also had 16 carries for 69 yards and has accounted for 429 yards today. Not too shabby at all. Looks like he's going to have a chance to be a really good one for the Aggies. Too bad the rest of the backs have just 57 yards on the ground between them. Looks like Johnson has pretty much done it all by himself today.

eagles_victory
10-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
44-23 Wildcats. That last Wildcat TD appears to be a cheap one though as I believe A&M went for the onside kick after their last TD so KState didn't really have to go that far for the score.

Johnson is up to 27-39 for 360 yards and a TD. He also had 16 carries for 69 yards and has accounted for 429 yards today. Not too shabby at all. Looks like he's going to have a chance to be a really good one for the Aggies. Too bad the rest of the backs have just 57 yards on the ground between them. Looks like Johnson has pretty much done it all by himself today. Kansas State has a horrible defense full of Juco transfers. When I have seen Johnson play he has been prone to making the big mistake which is a sign of youth but I could see them losing 9 games not too many winnable games left.

JR2004
10-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Kansas State has a horrible defense full of Juco transfers. When I have seen Johnson play he has been prone to making the big mistake which is a sign of youth but I could see them losing 9 games not too many winnable games left.

I think they'll be okay with Johnson over the next coupld of seasons. They might should probably put all the younger guys on the field from here on out for this year though.