PDA

View Full Version : 5-3A District

Idiot
10-10-2001, 12:20 PM
I am not sure about other Districts but 5-3A district starts play this Friday night,(about damn time)I am hopeful 5-3A has a rather good year with 2 and maybe 3 (Ballinger or Merkel)good quality teams.In my opinion though I still believe it will be between Sweetwater and Wylie for the District championship.I am very much eager to see how diffrent the teams look playing District now (where the games really count)instead of nondistrict games, I think some teams will look totally diffrent now in district(some for better and some for worse)Here is good luck to all 5-3A teams (and ALL 3-A teams as far as that goes)and have great and healthy years.

Adidas410s
10-10-2001, 06:24 PM
I think there are 4 quality teams in this district. Merkel and Ballinger have definitely proven that they are better then they normally are. Ballinger knocked off the Sonora w/ ease, and Sonora won Div 1 in 2A last year. Remember that Ballinger is of the size of a big 2A school right now. Last year, I believe Merkel was 1-4 against their non-opponents and this year they were 5-0. That is definitely a dramatic change in their team. Once you get a look at Merkel you will see that they do have the potential to be a good program.

superman
10-10-2001, 10:24 PM
i want to see merkel play a 3a school, or at least a descent 2a school.

mark838
10-11-2001, 08:27 AM
Bashing Merkel is one thing SUPERman, but now you're running down five other programs unjustly. Jim Ned is 4-1, Bangs is 3-2, Hamlin is 3-2, C-City is 2-3 against tough compitition, and Anson is greatly improved this year and is 2-3. Show some respect for these kids.

victory11
10-11-2001, 10:59 PM
why dont you just go cry about it mark

stickman
10-14-2001, 08:45 PM
Hey Mark

Merkel is drinking their own bathwater. I guess you'd think they were even better if they had played some 1A or six-man teams the first 5 games.

mark838
10-15-2001, 08:15 AM
If you Wylie boys want to talk football then do so, but nobody here is going to talk trash or trade insults with you.

PurpleMonkey11
10-18-2001, 09:27 PM
5-AAA has a better district this year than past years. I think it will all come down to who wants it more, and I can attest to the Bulldogs who always find a way to win

Mustang45
10-18-2001, 09:33 PM
mark- if you cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen. this is a football site and there is nothing wrong with talking trash, dont be a baby just cause your team sucks and you have nothing to talk about. why dont you come down to sweetwater and we will rough you up after we get done opening a can of whoop A on wylie.