PDA

View Full Version : 6-0 Bellville Brahmas vs 4-2 Giddings Buffalos

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Will Bellville go 7-0 or will Giddings come to the Pasture and upset the Brahmas, Bellville with a impressive win vs La grange in the 1st district game looks to be on a roll. Giddings slips past Sealy for their 1st District win. The winner will be the clear favorite to win this district. Give insight and oppinions on this game.

LHS 2SONS
10-11-2008, 02:42 PM
After seeing Bellville's defense against La Grange, and Bellville continues to play that well, Bellville will go undefeated in District.
Great game against the Leps, Bellville good luck the rest of District

OldBison75
10-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Bellville should win this one by at least two scores at home. Giddings has a good team but seems to have trouble with ball control (fumbles). I think the quickness of the Bellville defense will control the game tempo and keep the Gidding offense in check for most of the game. Gidding will score and have some big plays, but not enough to outshine Nunn and the B-Offense.
Bellville 28
Giddings 14

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
When they are at the top of their game, Giddings can play with anybody in the state (LHill/Giddings game). I still see Giddings as the defending district champs and Bellville will have to bring their "A" game to get the win. I do like the Bellville defense and think they will be the difference. Another good offensive output will make the Brahmas tough to beat.

bvillebrahma010
10-11-2008, 05:51 PM
any thoughts on this weeks matchup on this weeks big battle between giddings and bellville?! It will be played at the pasture of pain! Will bellville keep their streak alive or will giddings pull off the upset??

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2008, 07:35 PM
a battle between these grazing giants. I think Bellville continues to prove they are the team to beat in Region 4.

navscanmaster
10-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Since this game is in Bellville, I have to go with the Bulls big, 38-20.

HEMOTOXIC
10-11-2008, 11:54 PM
A stapede! Sorry Buffaloes, too much Brahma in this one. Bellville by 7.

Johnny Utah
10-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Going with my original Region 4 Champ in whatever division Bellville ends up in.

BTownVBall3
10-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Bellville wins this one big..

Once again, a lot of votes for the team bellvilles playing and no opinions why.. They must have "better looking uniforms".

wtfootball
10-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Bellville but my prediction this year is the state champion will not be an undefeated team. We have many very strong teams showing improvement week to week with one or two losses.

buff4life
10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
wonder if the field will be muddy, wet, and sloppy like last year

buff4life
10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
my opinion on the game...

If Giddings can execute their offense, win ball control, and not turn the ball over, or really just not turn it over numerous times or give up points automatically off of a turnover i can see them winning this game...

but if turnovers occur or offense can't execute, i think that puts too much pressure on the Giddings D to stop Bellville..

I see Giddings stepping up in this one and winning by a TD in the fourth

BrahmaMom
10-12-2008, 05:02 PM
After Friday's game, I think the Brahmas are ready for district play. Giddings will have an uphill battle against the Bulls. The O line is stepping up, Winkelmann does a nice job at center. We didn't make as many mental mistakes Friday. The Buffaloes might feel the full effects of the Pasture! Go Brahmas!!

Bull's-eye
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
wonder if the field will be muddy, wet, and sloppy like last year

Is Brock still playing? That should answer your question. :D

buff4life
10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Good point :D

BOCEPHUS
10-12-2008, 07:19 PM
THE BULLS WILL BE 10-0, BY 11/7/2008, BOUT 10:00 P.M.
GIDDENS OR NOBODY ELSE GONNA CHANGE THAT, BUT THE GAME THIS WEEK MAYBE FUN TO WATCH

buff4ever
10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I expect that this will be quite a war. I have said that bellville is the team to beat based on the year thus far. I hope that giddings can change that, even though it has been a little easier for our young players to play as the underdog a little more than we have in the past 4 or so years.

This game could be decided by 7 or less in the last minutes of the game.

trg
10-13-2008, 08:42 AM
I think Bellville will bring too much to the table for the Buffs to handle. Plus the game is being played in The Pasture so Bellville wins this one.

Go Brahmas!!!!

Bull19
10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
wonder if the field will be muddy, wet, and sloppy like last year very likely. rain is forcasted to fall later this week in bellville and the south central texas region

Bull's-eye
10-13-2008, 10:33 AM
I want to see Bellville take a few more shots into the endzone or at least attempt some long passes. IMO, this will stretch the defense and open the run up a little more. Bellville has had many good drives that bog down and force them to settle for FG's. After watching La Grange, I like the way they take their shots at the endzone. This also puts more pressure on the defense to guard against the long ball.

One other observation about the Bellville offense. On the short yardage plays, I noticed the QB will immediately hold the ball out and wait until the RB takes the hand-off. Much like an option play, except Bellville doesn't run the option. IMO, this tips off the defense and allows them to shoot the gaps to that side. I have watched Bellville for the last 7 years and this team has struggled more with short yardage than the past 6 teams. Some blame the line, but they have blocked well on the other running plays. I'm sure the opposing coaches are picking this up.

BrahmaMom
10-13-2008, 10:58 AM
BrahmaDad picked that same thing up, Bull's-eye. I'm sure we will see better hand-offs as the season progresses. Historically, or at least in the "old days," Bellville played well in the mud. Let's see that tradition continue. For the record, I saw more emotion in LaGrange--I like it! Go Bulls!!

buff4life
10-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
very likely. rain is forcasted to fall later this week in bellville and the south central texas region

I don't think the field was muddy last year from natural precipiation...

Bull19
10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't think the field was muddy last year from natural precipiation... but after its all said and done doesnt all water come from natural precipitation?

but seriously it is expected to rain out of the sky from clouds towards the end of this week

buff4life
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
but after its all said and done doesnt all water come from natural precipitation?

but seriously it is expected to rain out of the sky from clouds towards the end of this week

yea i did see that, as long as it doesn't rain saturday since i will be on the front row of gameday making my television debut

Bull19
10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
yea i did see that, as long as it doesn't rain saturday since i will be on the front row of gameday making my television debut what kind of pointless sign will u be holding so that u will be easy to spot?

Necks_Fan
10-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Brahmas by 14.

buff4life
10-13-2008, 03:34 PM
what kind of pointless sign will u be holding so that u will be easy to spot?

i've got a good list going of option...

erin will you marry me
herbie can i get the # of your hair stylist
daniEls
heiSman
hoPes
eNd
tonight
Brown is better than PINKel
Dear Chase, Can you help me polish my trophy? Signed Colt
What can BROWN do for you?

i'm still brainstorming though...last week we had a good sign but i can't post it on here

gtownfan
10-13-2008, 04:41 PM
This game going to be broadcast on the internet?

Buffgal
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Bellville has the 6-0 momentum, the revenge factor and the home field advantage. WHEW an uphill battle for the Buffs w/o their own mistakes giving opposing teams easy points on the scoreboard.

If the young Giddings Buffs that played Liberty Hill for 48 minutes and the same group who played "no guts, no glory" football vs Sealy the last 2 minutes of that game show up, Bellville will be in for a shocker. The Buffs have not always come out on top but they have played a very very intense pre district schedule. If they're not ready after LH, La Vernia, Elgin, then I really don't know what to say.

If the Buffs who showed up to play Elgin in the first 7 minutes of that game trot into the Pasture of Pain thinking the Bulls are a bunch of pushovers THEN it will be a very long night for the Buffaloes and for me.

I'm pulling for the Buffs to take a victory, any way they can get it vs Bellville. I would ask that they please do it a little before there are 36 seconds left on the clock. I'm gettin too old to handle that much stress....

Buffalo WAO football-four quarters of it will seal the deal but one mistake will likely spell out a long bus ride home.

Go Buffs--You make the play, I'll make the noise.

BOCEPHUS
10-13-2008, 08:46 PM
BELLVILE BY 40 SOME'THEN, NAHHHH, MAYBE ONLY 20 OR SO

navscanmaster
10-13-2008, 08:54 PM
i've got a good list going of option...

erin will you marry me
herbie can i get the # of your hair stylist
daniEls
heiSman
hoPes
eNd
tonight
Brown is better than PINKel
Dear Chase, Can you help me polish my trophy? Signed Colt
What can BROWN do for you?

i'm still brainstorming though...last week we had a good sign but i can't post it on here
:D LOL:clap:

Bull's-eye
10-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm surprised at the lack of posts, maybe we need someone to stir the pot. :stirpot:

Giddings will be the highest ranked team to play the Brahmas. The Buffs stay on the ground the majority of the time and will be a good test for the Bellville "Bull Rush" defense. In the last 3 games, the Bellville opponents have rushed for a combined total of 109 yards and limited to less than a yard per carry.

buff4ever
10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'm surprised at the lack of posts, maybe we need someone to stir the pot. :stirpot:

Giddings will be the highest ranked team to play the Brahmas. The Buffs stay on the ground the majority of the time and will be a good test for the Bellville "Bull Rush" defense. In the last 3 games, the Bellville opponents have rushed for a combined total of 109 yards and limited to less than a yard per carry.

Bellville sucks and they know it. They are fearing this game, and don't know whether to be happy they get the buffs 2 years in a row at the pasture, or sad b/c this could be the first team in a while to beat them at the pasture in consecutive years.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Maybe this will get people going a little.

Bull19
10-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Bellville sucks and they know it. They are fearing this game, and don't know whether to be happy they get the buffs 2 years in a row at the pasture, or sad b/c this could be the first team in a while to beat them at the pasture in consecutive years.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Maybe this will get people going a little. its gunna be hard for the gidding fluffs to beat the #1 ranked brahmas at home this week

buff4ever
10-14-2008, 11:53 AM
how did bandera and devine get game of the week over this game.

These two teams have battle it out for the district title for a few years now. Giddings has gotten 2 in a row and bellville wants this one bad. I can't think of a better game in this region this week. But that is okay.

You bellville people rub everyone the wrong way on this board, that is why you guys get no love.

1st and goal
10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
How many seats are on the visitor's side at the pasture?

I too wonder why this isn't game of the week in our Region? Must be a popularity contest. Bellville gets no love.:cool:

Bulligator
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

I too wonder why this isn't game of the week in our Region? Must be a popularity contest. Bellville gets no love.:cool:

I would estimate about 800 - 1000, counting the band. I don't think that the four opposing teams have had over 1,000 attend the games combined this year.

Bull19
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Haven't heard that yet, that would be semi disturbing, but we have several back that that could be, so it would depend the effect. I truly don't think that there is any truth to that.

I did get a call from a buddy of mine in bellville that said NUNN had turf toe and is not thinking he will play this week. If so, that would be devistating to the bellville offense.:D :D :D :D c'mon buff you know the field is grass. turf toe shouldnt be a problem:p

Bull's-eye
10-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

Bellville recently just added a couch to the home side. They placed it on the track, so it's very close to the action. A drawing is held and some lucky fans will get the opportunity to see the game up close. If I win, I want Bull19, Buff4ever & Buff4life to join me on the couch. :eek: :eek: :eek:

buff4ever
10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I am there, now win that stupid drawing bullseye

teetle
10-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Bellville is pretty good. Coach Huey got them going. Bellville by 21.

buff4life
10-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Bellville recently just added a couch to the home side. They placed it on the track, so it's very close to the action. A drawing is held and some lucky fans will get the opportunity to see the game up close. If I win, I want Bull19, Buff4ever & Buff4life to join me on the couch. :eek: :eek: :eek:

no doubt...buy all of the tickets for the drawing...and get me on that COUCH!!! :D

buff4life
10-14-2008, 03:09 PM

so opponents have tried rushing it more than 109 times in those three games?
I think Giddings will successfully disrupt that average

Bull19
10-14-2008, 03:19 PM
u coming to the game buff4life, or are you gunna camp out in austin for college gameday?

Bull19
10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
im officialy making this the Subway Game of the week.

buff4life
10-14-2008, 03:52 PM
u coming to the game buff4life, or are you gunna camp out in austin for college gameday?

i haven't decided if i'm going to come to this game and then come camp out or if i'm just going to camp out here....

buff4ever
10-14-2008, 04:29 PM
bullseye or FBB or bull19 or bulligator, save me a spot on the bellville side, there will not be room for me on the visitor side. I don't want to get there by 7:00 to assure myself a descent spot in the stands.

I like subway!:D

buff4ever
10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
buff4life will eventually decide to stay in town and camp out. unless someone of female like physique and behavior convince him otherwise.

Bull's-eye
10-14-2008, 04:39 PM
so opponents have tried rushing it more than 109 times in those three games?
I think Giddings will successfully disrupt that average

My mistake, 74 rushes for 109 yards (1.47 ave). I'm sure Giddings will have more success than the 3 previous teams, but let's hope they don't get carried away. :D

Bulligator
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Here are some team stats for you: Bellville’s opponents have a 15 – 17 won/loss record, compared to Giddings opponents at 23 – 14. The Brahmas opponents have fewer games due to cancellations from Hurricane Ike. Bellville and Giddings have played one common opponent, Wharton. Giddings won 34 -14, Bellville won 26 – 7. Giddings has scored 221 points this year while giving up 167. Bellville has scored 198 points this year while giving up 84. I couldn’t find all the total team offensive and defensive totals, so I’m not including them. Bellville has played 4 home games, with 2 on the road. Giddings has played 3 home games, with 3 on the road. Of their 2 losses, they have lost one each at home and away.

The question is, does any of this have a bearing on Friday night’s game?

Buffgal
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
buff4life will eventually decide to stay in town and camp out. unless someone of female like physique and behavior convince him otherwise.

Buff4life,

Your "lets go cruising", high school classmate Red Raider girl is flying home for her "once a semester" visit to see her brother and watch both games. You need to get on over to Bellville, give her a hug and root for those Buffs. You can still make your college game, I've seen you stay up longer than that.

I would think she has the qualifications of buff4evers "female like physique and behavior" too.

Buffgal
10-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Here are some team stats for you: Bellville’s opponents have a 15 – 17 won/loss record, compared to Giddings opponents at 23 – 14. The Brahmas opponents have fewer games due to cancellations from Hurricane Ike. Bellville and Giddings have played one common opponent, Wharton. Giddings won 34 -14, Bellville won 26 – 7. Giddings has scored 221 points this year while giving up 167. Bellville has scored 198 points this year while giving up 84. I couldn’t find all the total team offensive and defensive totals, so I’m not including them. Bellville has played 4 home games, with 2 on the road. Giddings has played 3 home games, with 3 on the road. Of their 2 losses, they have lost one each at home and away.

The question is, does any of this have a bearing on Friday night’s game?

I don't think it does, but it does show that the teams may be more equally matched than their 6-0 and 4-2 records show. The only thing that will matter in Friday night's game is which team wants it the most and makes the least amount of mistakes to get there. Bellville most definitely has the homefield advantage going their way, Buffs (IMO) have not traveled well this season. Hope our crowd shows up and proves me wrong.

One note about the stats Bulligator posted: Buffs stats on giving up points (167) is somewhat deceptive. Buffs defense is young/inexperienced, somewhat undersized and for sure has struggled in some areas but a good percentage of these 167 points were given up by special teams and offensive blunders, not the defense.

Both teams have the talent and I predict (like I did in the Giddings/LH game) that it will come down to the last 2 minutes of the game, whoever has the ball last Wins

Bull19
10-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Buff4life,

Your "lets go cruising", high school classmate Red Raider girl is flying home for her "once a semester" visit to see her brother and watch both games. You need to get on over to Bellville, give her a hug and root for those Buffs. You can still make your college game, I've seen you stay up longer than that.

I would think she has the qualifications of buff4evers "female like physique and behavior" too. well there you go buff c'mon on down and bring her to the bellville side with you so we have something nice to look at after bellville begins to run away with the game.

Bull19
10-14-2008, 05:52 PM
bullseye or FBB or bull19 or bulligator, save me a spot on the bellville side, there will not be room for me on the visitor side. I don't want to get there by 7:00 to assure myself a descent spot in the stands.

I like subway!:D maybe bull's-eye will take it upon himself to bring some cookies or something to snack on from subway so we can make it official.

BrahmaMom
10-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Could be a nail-biter; I'm counting on the Brahmas to go ahead early so I can relax a bit (I, too, am getting too old for these close scores!). The Brahmas looked good last week, despite the fair, so I think they have their heads in the game. That said, I never count the Buffaloes out--they tend to play us tough. It will be a heck of a game. Get ready, Brahmas!!!

Bull's-eye
10-14-2008, 06:35 PM
maybe bull's-eye will take it upon himself to bring some cookies or something to snack on from subway so we can make it official.

I'll bring you a goody bag, since I noticed you get a little jealous when I bring stickers & gum for your little friends. :)

buff4life
10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
well there you go buff c'mon on down and bring her to the bellville side with you so we have something nice to look at after bellville begins to run away with the game.

she knows me too well...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
If I win, I want Bull19, Buff4ever & Buff4life to join me on the couch.

If asked I would say no, I like Females, would not look to good bunch of men on the couch together.:D :D

Bull's-eye
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
If asked I would say no, I like Females, would not look to good bunch of men on the couch together.:D :D

You can sit on Buff4life's lap. I have to warn you, he gets excited when Giddings scores a TD. :D

Actually, we can sell tickets to the visitors for a chance at the next home game. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll bring you a goody bag, since I noticed you get a little jealous when I bring stickers & gum for your little friends. :)

:D

buff4ever
10-14-2008, 09:34 PM
this thread has gotten way too gooshie for a football thread between the possible two power houses of this district. Rough it up a little boys.

I am starting to get nervous about hanging around yall in public.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-14-2008, 09:45 PM
this thread has gotten way too gooshie for a football thread between the possible two power houses of this district. Rough it up a little boys.

Its Nice to be Nice to the Nice.:D

buff4ever
10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
BELLVILE BY 40 SOME'THEN, NAHHHH, MAYBE ONLY 20 OR SO

You are a funny guy dude. Playing like a redneck and being all new to the board and all and following giddings threads for most all of your post. Yet only to stir the pot and try and get people going.

You are prolly from giddings and just love getting on here and trying to get everybody riled up. I will have some fun with you, I can be as random and stupid as you want. What you will soon realize is that it will pretty well be the two of us responding to each other and the people that have been on here stirring things up with slightly more realistic crap will ignore us.

But it could be fun for us. So what do you think, will we pass more than twice? Will our linebackers play worth a crap?

Get me something to work with.

BOCEPHUS
10-15-2008, 08:08 AM
BULLS HAVE'N SOME GRADE AND INJURY PROBLEMS IN THE O-LINE, MIGHT MAKE THE GAME MORE INTERESTING

Bull19
10-15-2008, 08:18 AM
BULLS HAVE'N SOME GRADE AND INJURY PROBLEMS IN THE O-LINE, MIGHT MAKE THE GAME MORE INTERESTING injurys have been beating the o-line down the whole year. nothing new with that. maybe you need to come out of those east tennesse boondocks a little more often

Bull19
10-15-2008, 08:19 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D does brock fitzhenerry get the senior discount at IHOP????

BOCEPHUS
10-15-2008, 08:32 AM
injurys have been beating the o-line down the whole year. nothing new with that. maybe you need to come out of those east tennesse boondocks a little more often

U MIGHT NOT BE A WANT'EN ME TO COME OUT:evilgrin:

BOCEPHUS
10-15-2008, 08:39 AM
You are a funny guy dude. Playing like a redneck and being all new to the board and all and following giddings threads for most all of your post. Yet only to stir the pot and try and get people going.

You are prolly from giddings and just love getting on here and trying to get everybody riled up. I will have some fun with you, I can be as random and stupid as you want. What you will soon realize is that it will pretty well be the two of us responding to each other and the people that have been on here stirring things up with slightly more realistic crap will ignore us.

But it could be fun for us. So what do you think, will we pass more than twice? Will our linebackers play worth a crap?

Get me something to work with.

WHO U BE?:thinking:

I DUN BEEN'T TO GIDDENS A COUPLE OF TIMES TO VISIT SISTER IN LAW, U KNOW MY SISTER'S --SISTER.

THEN MAYBE THE 2 OF US NEEDZ TO HOOK UP, IFF'EN IT JUST BE US.

PASS.........LINEBACKERS....WHO GIVE A D@MN, JUST AS LONG AS BEER STORE DON'T RUN OUT

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 09:24 AM
BOCEPHUS, are you ready for some football & what's you got cooking?

BOCEPHUS
10-15-2008, 09:46 AM
READY TO GO RUN MY TROTLINES, CHECK MY JUGS. BAITED PIG TRAPS LAST WEEK, SO FAR NUTH'EN.

BUT GOT ME SOME NEW #3 CANNON BALLS, GONNA SHOOT MY CANNON AT THE NEIGHBORS AND HAVE FEW COLE BEERSZ......ALWAYS FUN U KNOW A CANNON AND A 30-PACK

Bull19
10-15-2008, 10:24 AM
READY TO GO RUN MY TROTLINES, CHECK MY JUGS. BAITED PIG TRAPS LAST WEEK, SO FAR NUTH'EN.

BUT GOT ME SOME NEW #3 CANNON BALLS, GONNA SHOOT MY CANNON AT THE NEIGHBORS AND HAVE FEW COLE BEERSZ......ALWAYS FUN U KNOW A CANNON AND A 30-PACK i thought i was the only one who thought a "few" cold beers was a thirty pack. now bocephus u better not go steal my fish i got on my throw lines in the colorado river.

buff4ever
10-15-2008, 11:09 AM

BUT GOT ME SOME NEW #3 CANNON BALLS, GONNA SHOOT MY CANNON AT THE NEIGHBORS AND HAVE FEW COLE BEERSZ......ALWAYS FUN U KNOW A CANNON AND A 30-PACK

Sweet, beerz and cannons and hooks. You Fly too?

That would make it on a boat. You got jugs, that one scares me a little. Dem 30 beast or bachs, what you brand?

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Buff4ever, clean out your PM box. I just talked to my cousin and he said he wanted to know why you are sitting on the Bellville side? You think you going to get some inside info from FBB?

Brahma84
10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
BULLS HAVE'N SOME GRADE AND INJURY PROBLEMS IN THE O-LINE, MIGHT MAKE THE GAME MORE INTERESTING

The guys you are talking about didn't play last week. I think it worked out just fine. In fact, the injured players may be back this week.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
The guys you are talking about didn't play last week. I think it worked out just fine. In fact, the injured players may be back this week.

Good news on the players returning! :clap: :clap:

buff4life
10-15-2008, 02:04 PM
so have you got us the couch yet??? :D

BOCEPHUS
10-15-2008, 02:15 PM
buff and bull, good lux to y'alls this friday, figure it'll work out for one of u.

30 pack be standard buy, might have company.

i drink kwartz beer, u know quartz, some people spell it quarts, but is the kind i drink, say schaefer light on the label, but i only buy the kwarts, rest of'em to small

Bulligator
10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
so have you got us the couch yet??? :D

I have some bad news on the couch. My grandson informed me last night that they didn't have the drawing this week. Said it was because of it being a district game and the district committee wouldn't allow it.

And, the field may be a little wet. I just had to come inside again as its pouring outside.

buff4life
10-15-2008, 02:55 PM
DARNIT!!! :mad:

Bull19
10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I have some bad news on the couch. My grandson informed me last night that they didn't have the drawing this week. Said it was because of it being a district game and the district committee wouldn't allow it.

And, the field may be a little wet. I just had to come inside again as its pouring outside. oh well. kinda hard to watch a football game from sitting down on a couch at field level with people walking in front of you every 2 seconds. guess we'll just have to enjoy it sitting in the stands with some good ole Mr. Kelly :1popcorn:

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM

And, the field may be a little wet. I just had to come inside again as its pouring outside.

I want my money back for all those tickets I purchased. Just talk to the head groundskeeper and he said the field was very wet, but the good news is that he didn't have to water the field because Brock has graduated. :doh:

Bulligator
10-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I want my money back for all those tickets I purchased. Just talk to the head groundskeeper and he said the field was very wet, but the good news is that he didn't have to water the field because Brock has graduated. :doh:

If Giddings has A & B teams in Junior High, there will be four games on the field tomorrow night. That should get it good and muddy.

Brahma84
10-15-2008, 05:35 PM
They will probably play in the practice fields.

buff4life
10-15-2008, 06:36 PM

thats freakin hilarious

Pudlugger
10-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Bellville will win this game by 2 tds. Bellville will go 5-0 in district. This might be the year for the Brahmas in D1. It will be too tough for the Buffs to go into the Pasture and gain a win.

zebrablue2
10-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
They will probably play in the practice fields.

thay will play 2 at a time starting at 4:30.

Bull19
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
heard on the radio today that 94.1 the official home for brahma football will be broadcasting live from the bellville Subway thursday evening in support of the Subway game of the week and will have a coaches show there

buff4ever
10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Go Subway!

Necks_Fan
10-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Bellville should win this one by at least two scores at home. Giddings has a good team but seems to have trouble with ball control (fumbles). I think the quickness of the Bellville defense will control the game tempo and keep the Gidding offense in check for most of the game. Gidding will score and have some big plays, but not enough to outshine Nunn and the B-Offense.
Bellville 28
Giddings 14 I agree.

The winner should go undefeated and win the district.

I think Bellville by that margin for those reasons seems to be accurate.

BOCEPHUS
10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
BOCEPHUS, are you ready for some football & what's you got cooking?

EXCUSE ME FOR MY LACK OF MANNERS.............. BOYS WE GOT A PIG(OR IN THIS CASE I GUESS A BUFFALOE) IN THE GROUND AND THE BEER IS ON ICE, AND................---YEAH THEY COM'EN TOO-- DONE BEEN BAILED OUT AGAIN

Bull19
10-15-2008, 08:51 PM
EXCUSE ME FOR MY LACK OF MANNERS.............. BOYS WE GOT A PIG(OR IN THIS CASE I GUESS A BUFFALOE) IN THE GROUND AND THE BEER IS ON ICE, AND................---YEAH THEY COM'EN TOO-- DONE BEEN BAILED OUT AGAIN what kind of beer???? are you gunna have any Pearl?

buff4ever
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Buff4ever, clean out your PM box. I just talked to my cousin and he said he wanted to know why you are sitting on the Bellville side? You think you going to get some inside info from FBB?

Sorry, everything is cleaned out now. I am only going to sit on the bellville side if I can't find a decent seat on the visitor side.

Bocephus, By the way, how long da pig been down ther in da coal? How much dat 30 pack ya got left, and which county road you live down.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
heard on the radio today that 94.1 the official home for brahma football will be broadcasting live from the bellville Subway thursday evening in support of the Subway game of the week and will have a coaches show there

Fact? You are the tail of two people.

Bull19
10-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Fact? You are the tail of two people. ??

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Does Bellville even have a Subway? Also, I have trouble picking up 94.1. :(

Bull19
10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Does Bellville even have a Subway? Also, I have trouble picking up 94.1. :( yes bellville has a subway. its located in the shell gas station....yea you might have a hard time finding the show on your radio

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 09:40 PM
yes bellville has a subway. its located in the shell gas station....yea you might have a hard time finding the show on your radio

I have trouble when I turn left off of Schuman road. I then have to listen to 98.3 out of Columbus and that goes all the way to Katy. Go Ricky! :wave:

zebrablue2
10-15-2008, 09:41 PM
good luck to the brahmas. gonna be a slick field for sure. almost 2 inchs of rain today, with more expected on thursday. GO BRAHMAS.

Bull19
10-15-2008, 09:43 PM
I have trouble when I turn left off of Schuman road. I then have to listen to 98.3 out of Columbus and that goes all the way to Katy. Go Ricky! :wave: if u were listening to him on friday that afternoon he sent out a song to bull19 and his buddy's.....we're eating kolaches, cheese prune and poppyseeds, eating kolaches all day long........

Bull19
10-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
good luck to the brahmas. gonna be a slick field for sure. almost 2 inchs of rain today, with more expected on thursday. GO BRAHMAS. too bad bellville's top supporter hasnt donated money for field turf yet:(

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
if u were listening to him on friday that afternoon he sent out a song to bull19 and his buddy's.....we're eating kolaches, cheese prune and poppyseeds, eating kolaches all day long........

No, but I heard the John Deere Polka on my way to La Grange. I like to thank Ricky for all those football scores, even though he repeats them every 3 minutes.

Bull19
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
No, but I heard the John Deere Polka on my way to La Grange. I like to thank Ricky for all those football scores, even though he repeats them every 3 minutes. too bad u dont get 94.1 after the games. john mar-sink-a-witch plays some good oldies. alot better than hearing the bellville times read back to u word for word over the radio.

Bull's-eye
10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Where's Bocephus? I like the way he posts about football, it's easy to cipher.

Bulligator
10-15-2008, 10:37 PM
good luck to the brahmas. gonna be a slick field for sure. almost 2 inchs of rain today, with more expected on thursday. GO BRAHMAS.

Heard the Jr. High games will be played on the practice fields. Have to keep the field nice for Brock.

Bulligator
10-15-2008, 10:39 PM
too bad u dont get 94.1 after the games. john mar-sink-a-witch plays some good oldies. alot better than hearing the bellville times read back to u word for word over the radio.

Mr. John needs to be the play-by-play man. Let Reese and Randy stay home at the studio.

buff4life
10-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Heard the Jr. High games will be played on the practice fields. Have to keep the field nice for Brock.

considering he's at the University of Texas, but that would have been a good sarcastic comment last year :D

bvillebrahma010
10-16-2008, 12:53 AM

more like for ol' giddingblazer2's buddies!

48minutes
10-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Giddings shocks the bulls in the pasture of pain, comes away 2-0 and ready to move on as district champs again. Will be a tough game, but the bulls are still scared from what has happened to them the past few years, and a few good plays early will get the buffs in the driver seat. :)

bvillebrahma010
10-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 48minutes
Giddings shocks the bulls in the pasture of pain, comes away 2-0 and ready to move on as district champs again. Will be a tough game, but the bulls are still scared from what has happened to them the past few years, and a few good plays early will get the buffs in the driver seat. :)

dude, go away...

Bull's-eye
10-16-2008, 02:26 AM
considering he's at the University of Texas, but that would have been a good sarcastic comment last year :D

What? Bellville has been practicing all week to stop Brock. Somebody tell the Bellville coaches! :D

BOCEPHUS
10-16-2008, 04:25 AM
What? Bellville has been practicing all week to stop Brock. Somebody tell the Bellville coaches! :D

WHO OR WHAT IN THE H3LL IS A BROCK?

BOCEPHUS
10-16-2008, 05:41 AM
ANYBODY BUMPED INTO STUPID, I SEEN'T HIM ROUND HERE EARLIER

Bull19
10-16-2008, 09:01 AM
after watching some of bellville's practice yest. giddings better be ready to defend the pass. the run-and-shoot is really starting to come together well. if bellville is able to incorporate the run every 5 or 6 plays or so it will be a long night for the buffs.

trg
10-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I think the Bulls are ready and focused on what needs to be done. Good luck Bulls!!!! We are rooting for you.

OldBison75
10-16-2008, 10:47 AM
This is going to be a game decided by the team that does not make mistakes and controls the clock. I was leaning toward Bellville until the rains came. On the wet field, the running game of Giddings is more controlled and forward motion with less cuts and slashes. Nunn is the best back on the field, but his style is more speed and power than bull force. I am afraid the wet field may hurt him. If Nunn can run with his shoulders square against the Buffs, Bellville will be okay, but I think the Buff defense will be stringing him out all night. Gidding could pull the upset of the year in this one.

Brahma84
10-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Have you ever seen Nunn run? He can run around you or run over you, just ask LaGrange. I would think that he would have the advantage over the option running of Giddings. Upset of the year?? DCTF has Giddings ranked higher than Bellville, and the AP has Bellville ahead by only a few places. I'm not sure how wet the field will be. We had a little over an inch of rain on Wed., but that was about it. The Jr. High games will be on the practice fields so the field might be in good shape come game time.

OldBison75
10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
To answer the question, yes I have seen Nunn in about four games over the last few years. Yes, he has the ability to run over people, like I said he is a speed and power back. My point is that the speed and power of Nunn come from driving his strong legs into the field and making the power move to his advantage. If he puts his head and shoulder pads down and runs straight ahead, he is a HOSS. My view of him in the games I saw was that he can be that kind of runner at the end of a play, but seems to like to slash and dart into the line or on the corner. A wet field is very tough on that type runner. As for Giddings, the option offense they run is mostly straight forward, the risk is in the pitch. A straight ahead attack into the line, especially in the quicj fullback dive, is to the adavantage of the runner on the wet field. The defense is trying to control the line with tough footing. LB play will be the difference in stopping the option.

Rocket Dad
10-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Giddings has given up lots of pass yardage. Giddings offense, when on target, is awesome. Having said that - Giddings 35-31 over Bellville.

Bull's-eye
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I have to disagree with OldBison75, IMO the wet field would favor a straight ahead power runner like Nunn. The option team would have to make the cuts up field and this is where more slipping can occur. Give us a little sunshine and the field should be fine.

zaley
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Does Bellville even have a Subway? Also, I have trouble picking up 94.1. :(

Of course, we do! :D

I think this week's game is going to be tough. Giddings has always given us a good game. I will be cheering the Brahmas on tho!!

Bulligator
10-16-2008, 04:06 PM
This will certainly be Bellville’s toughest test to date. Giddings has only lost to the #1 ranked 3A team, and had an off night against 4A Elgin. Giddings defense will rival the speed Bellville has, and has much bigger interior lineman. This will test Bellville’s improving O-line and shorten the sidelines for our quick backfield. I feel that the Bellville defense will step up and slow the powerful Giddings running game, but they will have to play smart and not make any mistakes on their reads.

This game should come down to Bellville’s offensive production. If the Brahmas can score at least twice, and maybe add a field goal Bellville should pull this one out. That being said, I think whoever turns the ball over the fewest times will come out the winner. The weather should be great for a football game, and get everybody a little fired up. Here’s hoping for an injury free game, and safe travels to the folks coming down from Giddings. I’ll see you at the Pasture.

buff4ever
10-16-2008, 04:35 PM
This will certainly be Bellville’s toughest test to date. Giddings has only lost to the #1 ranked 3A team, and had an off night against 4A Elgin. Giddings defense will rival the speed Bellville has, and has much bigger interior lineman. This will test Bellville’s improving O-line and shorten the sidelines for our quick backfield. I feel that the Bellville defense will step up and slow the powerful Giddings running game, but they will have to play smart and not make any mistakes on their reads.

This game should come down to Bellville’s offensive production. If the Brahmas can score at least twice, and maybe add a field goal Bellville should pull this one out. That being said, I think whoever turns the ball over the fewest times will come out the winner. The weather should be great for a football game, and get everybody a little fired up. Here’s hoping for an injury free game, and safe travels to the folks coming down from Giddings. I’ll see you at the Pasture.

From the other side, I agree with what you have said other than it will take more than 20 to beat this giddings team. I will eat my crow on that if I am wrong.

BrahmaMom
10-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Exciting game, no doubt. The field should be dry by tomorrow night. Even so, I think the Brahmas are pumped and ready to take on the Buffs. No mistakes and mentally ready and the Bulls will rule the Pasture. I am ready for some football!!! GO BULLS!!

Darren
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Giddings by 14............

KL3
10-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I think Bellville is a bad matchup for Giddings. As we all know, Giddings loves to keep it on the ground, and right now Bellville's run defense may be the toughest in the state.

That, along with 2 OL starters coming back for Bellville, the game being played in Bellville, and the revenge factor for the Brahmas, I think all adds up to a win for Bellville by 14-17 points.

BOCEPHUS
10-16-2008, 09:04 PM
SOUNDS LIKE THERE'LL OUGHTA BE A HELLUVA TAILGATE PARTY FOR THIS UN, WHO COOK'EN WHERE, I'LL BRING THE BEER

Bull's-eye
10-16-2008, 10:03 PM
im officialy making this the Subway Game of the week.

They will be passing out free subs and fresh baked cookies. Should be a great game!

http://sk1.yt-thm-a03.yimg.com/image/25/m3/2558372885

zebrablue2
10-16-2008, 10:08 PM
They will be passing out free subs and fresh baked cookies. Should be a great game!

LOL...

buff4ever
10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Giddings by 14............

Darren, where have you been. Haven't read you much lately.

buff4ever
10-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Is this the first subway game of the week ever? That would be neat and all, building up to be a battle of the ages I tell you.

Bull's-eye
10-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Is this the first subway game of the week ever? That would be neat and all, building up to be a battle of the ages I tell you.

Yes, they wanted to get involved with high school football. Bull19 has his own franchise and will sponsor the first game. :D

buff4ever
10-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Since it is the subway game of the week, I am going to eat at that good mexican food restaraunt before the game.:D :D :D :D :D

Galleleos or something like that??:thinking: :thinking:

zebrablue2
10-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Since it is the subway game of the week, I am going to eat at that good mexican food restaraunt before the game.:D :D :D :D :D

Galleleos or something like that??:thinking: :thinking:

Galileo's is the best. Get the california burrito-chicken or beef. you may need that couch bullseye talked about after one of those-LOL..

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Galileo's is the best. Get the california burrito-chicken or beef.

Bellville has 4 mexican resturants, I would have to say Manuel's would be the best in town.:D

Bull's-eye
10-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Any scores from the freshman or JV games?

bvillebrahma010
10-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Bellville has 4 mexican resturants, I would have to say Manuel's would be the best in town.:D

Dont listen to FBB! he is on that good stuff!!!
lol jk

BOCEPHUS
10-17-2008, 05:53 AM

which one got shuffle board table

OldBison75
10-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Friday at the Pasture of Pain!!!! The Bellville tradition of being supurb on the home turf, an excited home crowd, great football weather, supurb team, all add up to EXCITEMENT. Giddings needs this a big win to prove themselves in the district. Two powerful programs that always put on a great game. The field and weather should not have a bearing on the outcome. High School football at it's best.

Bellville should be the winner and cruise on through district undefeated, IF they control the ball and limited mistakes. Giddings can make teams look very good or very bad depending on what team shows up for the game (witness games against Elgin and LH). To both team, pad up, perk up and play your hearts out. To the fans, get ready for a battle to the end.

This game might be the best matchup in the state this week and both teams will be a handful for the playoff run. Good luck to both.

trg
10-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Any scores from the freshman or JV games?

Bellville Freshman won 28 - 6

Bellville JV won 19 - 6

Way to go Bulls. Good luck to Varsity tonight. Keep the ball rolling!!!!!

BOCEPHUS
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
what kinda by gawd grass is 'pain' new kind of coastal or what, might try some of it out here on the back 40

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 09:40 AM
what kinda by gawd grass is 'pain' new kind of coastal or what, might try some of it out here on the back 40

There be some good fishing on the front 40 right!

BOCEPHUS
10-17-2008, 09:43 AM
There be some good fishing on the front 40 right!

WE COULD WET A HOOK THERE, OR DOWN ON THE BACK END OF THE CRIK WERE THE BEAVERS DAMMED IT UP

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Where is Bull19? Maybe he is baking fresh bread for all those sanwiches. He could be making one of those party subs.

http://sk1.yt-thm-a03.yimg.com/image/25/m3/2558372885 http://sk1.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/25/m8/3973372563

buff4ever
10-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Where is Bull19? Maybe he is baking fresh bread for all those sanwiches. He could be making one of those party subs.

http://sk1.yt-thm-a03.yimg.com/image/25/m3/2558372885 http://sk1.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/25/m8/3973372563

There are a lot of cookies to bake too.

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
There are a lot of cookies to bake too.

:) We need those freshed baked cookies.

Darren
10-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Darren, where have you been. Haven't read you much lately.

I have actually had to work... I know its hard to believe but its the truth. Plus I have been trying to go bow hunting as much as possible. I am home today with a sick little girl so I can get online for once.

BrahmaMom
10-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Looks like a great day for football! The Brahmas should bring their A game and take it to Giddings. I think they are ready to show what they are made of. It will be exciting till the clock runs out. If our starters return from the ranks of the injured, great. If not, I remain confident in the Brahmas. Tonight is the night, Bulls! Let's do it!!!

Brahma84
10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Jackson was released by the Dr. on Thursday, but not sure how much he practiced this week. If he dosen't play this week he will be back next week. Huebner went to the Dr. on Wed, but I don't think he was released to play.

Bull's-eye
10-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Has the sun showed it's bright face? Like to see a dry field, but who doesn't enjoy these milder tempatures? Opportunity is knocking, let's see if Bellville is up for the challenge. Go Bulls! Get fired up for the Buffs. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Has the sun showed it's bright face? Like to see a dry field, but who doesn't enjoy these milder tempatures? Opportunity is knocking, let's see if Bellville is up for the challenge. Go Bulls! Get fired up for the Buffs. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

The field looks good, saw it this evening, but there are some spots that are a little mush-y, not bad. sould be a good night for a football game.

1st and goal
10-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Will this game be on the internet? Or is someone possibly going to give updates?

1st and goal
10-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I guess not.:( :( :(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Bellville wins with Defense in this one, Giddings has a very good team and sould win out the rest of the way. Both teams and fans were great, no fights after this one. If Bellvilles offense can ever start to play up to their potental and hold on to the ball, the Brahmas will be hard to beat. Good luck to the Buffs the rest of the way!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Will the injured players, starters for Bellville be back next week? Also #50 one of out best defensive players went out in the 4th q. How is he?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2008, 09:08 AM
If not for the tuneovers Bellville would have won by more, the Brahmas were going in to score and fumbled the ball close to the goal line, Bellville lost the ball 3 times on the ground and 2 in the air. In the 3rd Bellville had 4th and 2, around the 20, a Field goal would have been nice at that point?
How about the Giddings QB, will he be OK?

Bull's-eye
10-18-2008, 12:27 PM
In the 3rd Bellville had 4th and 2, around the 20, a Field goal would have been nice at that point?

I heard a few people question why Bellville didn't go for the FG. If I remember right, it was inside the 15 yard line. Bellville has a play were they attempt to draw the defense offsides and when they jump, Bellville quickly snaps the ball. The play had worked earlier, but his time Bellville didn't get the call. I agree that not kicking the FG could of cost them the game, but I do like their aggressiveness. IMO, it looked like the defense was offsides.

Bull's-eye
10-18-2008, 12:45 PM
I came away a little disappointed, Bellville had the opportunity to come away with an impressive win over a very good Giddings team. They did have to hold on twice to seal the 20-14 win, but turnovers kept this from being at least a 2 TD win. Leading 20-6, Bellville drove down to the Buffs 14, but the runner fighting for extra yards was stripped by the defense. A score here would of made the score 27-6. Early in the game, Bellville squaundered great field position by throwing 2 interceptions. The first was on a halfback pass, where the receiver stopped and the ball was still thrown into double coverage. A little later, the QB was intercepted on about the 5 yard line. The late 4th quarter fumble, after Bellville had stop Giddings on downs, just about gave this game to the Buffs. The Bellville defense once again saved the day as they came up with another great stand.

Bull's-eye
10-18-2008, 07:45 PM
This game should come down to Bellville’s offensive production. If the Brahmas can score at least twice, and maybe add a field goal Bellville should pull this one out.

Bulligator called this on the money with Giddings only scoring 14 points. Buff4ever posted it would take more tha 20 points to defeat Giddings or he would eat some crow. Start eating my friend. :D Had a good chat with my cousin, he was calling our plays before we ran them. Maybe he should be the new defensive coordinator.

buff4ever
10-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Bulligator called this on the money with Giddings only scoring 14 points. Buff4ever posted it would take more tha 20 points to defeat Giddings or he would eat some crow. Start eating my friend. :D Had a good chat with my cousin, he was calling our plays before we ran them. Maybe he should be the new defensive coordinator.

I will eat my crow, however if you want to think deeply with me for a minute I will explain why I was still right. Even though we only had 14, you guys did have 20 which I said it would take. And that is true in a way. The TWO times we had the ball inside the 15 and lost the ball on downs, we could have tied the game one of these two times with a short field goal. Which would have required you guys to atleast kick a field goal to win which would have been 20 again.

I know this is deep, but for real your defense was very good against our offense. We did help with some option mishaps that we shouldn't be making this late in the season. :D :D :D :D :D

Bull's-eye
10-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I still don't understand why Giddings on 4th & 14 would not throw or call some other play than the QB running the option. IMO, if Giddings mixed in a few throws they would be harder to defend. Good luck the rest of the season, unless somehow we meet again. :D

Buffgal
10-19-2008, 03:56 PM
How about the Giddings QB, will he be OK?

Report on #6 Hand was smashed between his own facemask and Bellville defenders helmet. Opened cut that was not fully healed from last game. Would have bet $$ that his hand was broken.

Sat morning, bruised, swollen, cut and red paint on his fingernails OUCH!!!

Made it to the A&M/Tech game, Had fun but hand was very tender when he had to shake hands. Still insisting he get an XRay, he's still saying its OK.

Sunday--good to go, band aid on the cut, now he's playing golf.

Wish I could bounce back that quick. Might be the age difference, you think???