PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny Vs West Columbia

Dogs_21
10-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Who's your pick........????

roughneck_2008
10-11-2008, 02:30 PM
it all depends on who shows up for the necks, if they bring their A game, WC will win, they should be fired up since this will be sweeny week. its a big rivalry between them and should be a big hard fought game, i just dont think west columbia will let sweeny beat them, it will be a close game with WC pulling out a win, i cant wait, im makin it to this game which will be a good end to midterms

2-ONES
10-11-2008, 06:30 PM
WC should stop by TSC and get some wheels for this one, they will be needed.

2 krunk
10-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this game. Seems to me that both teams are in the hunt for a playoff spot. Columbia I hear has a good run defense. Sweeny don't know much about yet.

IHStangFan
10-13-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm gonna agree w/ the guy above that said if WC shows up w/ their A game, they can win this one.

Gimme WC by a TD.

Necks_Fan
10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Will have to oil up the offense and eliminate alot of mistakes. We have the players to win, just a matter of whether we do it on the field or not. Tight game. Necks by 6.

JDOG
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Untill the last few weeks I thought SCrub C had the upper hand in this one. But I thought they would beat the Jays also It didn't happen. Now its a little more up in the air but I'm going with the Dogs 28 - 21

zebrablue2
10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Dogs by 14.

Bull's-eye
10-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Sweeny has 2 very good running backs, one of them is the nephew of ex-Houston star Elmo Wright. Dogs by 2 TD's.

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Sweeny has 2 very good running backs, one of them is the nephew of ex-Houston star Elmo Wright. Dogs by 2 TD's. Edward Wright is a good back... but he's got nothing on Jamell Woodard.

Columbia D is pretty good. Just a matter of whether the offense can score enough to win. Also, it would be nice to get 2 games in a row with good ST.

I also think the Necks coaching staff is screwing themselves by not playing their "best" Rb RIGHT NOW, Dexter Lewis, enough. Kinda using him if you ask me. He marches the team down the field, then once they get to the 15 yd line, yank him out. He got less than 10 carries last week, big time mistake.

He may not be the Rb of the future for them, but he is a senior and he is their best Rb "right now". Also, very sure handed. That could help after the 3 fumbles last week.

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I also think the Necks coaching staff is screwing themselves
I don't know what you plan to study in college, but I would suggest that you plan to coach high school football. You've already got so much expertise, now all you need is the degree! :rolleyes:

Antec
10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
If Dogs put up half as many points they have in past two weeks they will win

carter08
10-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't know what you plan to study in college, but I would suggest that you plan to coach high school football. You've already got so much expertise, now all you need is the degree! :rolleyes:

:D

ily.

mac77
10-14-2008, 08:35 PM

Dang It, LHPM you stole my thunder!

As for Dexter having sure hands, what games have you been watching? He's fumbled several times on offense and "ST"!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by mac77

As for Dexter having sure hands, what games have you been watching? He's fumbled several times on offense and "ST"!

:confused: :confused: :confused: I have seen him mas-handle kickoffs.... I didn;t say he was the greatest at that.

He has fumbled 2 times on offense as a Rb in 5 games, I think. It doesn't matter what I say though, someone will take my words and change em around.

Point is, Dex deserves more carries. He is really the only one who has proven himself. Crunch time comes, they know who to give the ball to.

Johnican and Flannel are good backs, but they both will have their time. Dex is a senior.:hand:

Necks_Fan
10-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know what you plan to study in college, but I would suggest that you plan to coach high school football. You've already got so much expertise, now all you need is the degree! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you watched our games, or knew anything about our football team, you would understand what I'm talking about.

pancho villa
10-15-2008, 07:17 AM

raider red 2000
10-15-2008, 07:37 AM
pancho get those kids goin.....let brazoria county know who el rey is :)

JDOG
10-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Sweeny will not score as many points as the last few weeks. WC has a pretty good defense from what I've seen. I think it will be a battle as WC is huge up front. Its hard to move those mountains they have up front. The Jays didn't have much luck moving the ball on them. Big plays and turnovers will tell the tale.

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
Sweeny will not score as many points as the last few weeks. WC has a pretty good defense from what I've seen. I think it will be a battle as WC is huge up front. Its hard to move those mountains they have up front. The Jays didn't have much luck moving the ball on them. Big plays and turnovers will tell the tale. Needville only had 171 yds of offense, 106 rushing, 65 passing in that game, but it was enough. Here's the interesting part...both of Needville's TDs came through the air.

raider red 2000
10-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Needville only had 171 yds of offense, 106 rushing, 65 passing in that game, but it was enough. Here's the interesting part...both of Needville's TDs came through the air.

on the same play...motion...to move the FS....and then TE dump.

Needville in well known for that TE dump....can be a great play.

IHStangFan
10-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
on the same play...motion...to move the FS....and then TE dump.

Needville in well known for that TE dump....can be a great play. was very successful w/ it last year w/ Porras at TE. That kid was tall, had soft hands and was deceptively fast.

themsu97
10-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Columbia wins because of the fatter coaches... weight on there side...

Pancho and Crop are WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY FFFFFFAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT and crop is a WWWWWAAAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIOOOOOOOORRRRRRR CCCCCCCCCCOOOOOAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes:

If you watched our games, or knew anything about our football team, you would understand what I'm talking about.
Surprisingly enough, I'm smart enough to know that coaches get paid to coach and students go to school to learn.

Johnican and Flannel are good backs, but they both will have their time. Dex is a senior.:hand:
I'm also smart enough to know that a senior isn't necessarily a better player than a freshman/sophomore/junior.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
You snooze, you lose! :devil:

raider red 2000
10-15-2008, 02:14 PM
You snooze, you lose! :devil:

you have those cat like reflexes :)

Necks_Fan
10-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Surprisingly enough, I'm smart enough to know that coaches get paid to coach and students go to school to learn.

I'm also smart enough to know that a senior isn't necessarily a better player than a freshman/sophomore/junior. I know some players play well in practice, and not on the field.... and some the opposite way.
But my point is this, the other 2 are not any better. If anything, they are AS good. IMO, if you got 3 backs, the one withthe most experience and has proven that he hasn't been fumble prone should get the rock. Also, neither of the other 2 are graduating this year.

I said he fumbled 2 times, I asked him and he said once only he thinks. So, that's even better.

He's a solid runner with sure handson OFFENSE. As good, if not better than the pther, with proven experience.

Johnican and Flannel will get their days. I'm not saying give it to him everytime and them not get carries at all.... but 1 carry in the first half. C'mon.

mac77
10-15-2008, 08:36 PM
With the struggles the Necks are having putting the ball in the zone, I'm not surprised the naysayers are rising to the top. Hindsight is 20/20. Anyone can look back and sit at their computer and 2nd guess. I wonder how bad it is in the stands on Fridays if the so called "Necks_Fan" is doggin it on the DLOW. Rule 3 comes to mind, "...we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches."

Necks_Fan
10-15-2008, 08:44 PM
With the struggles the Necks are having putting the ball in the zone, I'm not surprised the naysayers are rising to the top. Hindsight is 20/20. Anyone can look back and sit at their computer and 2nd guess. I wonder how bad it is in the stands on Fridays if the so called "Necks_Fan" is doggin it on the DLOW. Rule 3 comes to mind, "...we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches." I'm not attacking any schools or coaches(right now).

Said the coaches are screwing themselves IMO by not playing a certain player much. If that's "attacking the integrity of school systems and coaches" well then, there should be alot of suspensions and bans.

Gimme a break mac, I want em to win as bad as anybody.

There are problems. You and I both know that. Don't act as if there aern't. If you think I am negative.... boy, you haven'seen many of our fans. I'm just the only one who will come on here and display a half ounce of displeasure.

Man I swear, If it ain't a post about how great we are.... then my words will be taken way out of context and questioned and everything else.

Of course, that's exactly what some want.

:rolleyes:

mac77
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Does it really matter who runs the ball as long as it gets in the endzone? The point is, as long as it deserved criticism, bring it on. To criticize because someone isn't getting enough carries in your opinion, is not fair or warranted. The Necks offense is struggling, FACT. It is because someone didn't get enough carries against N'ville, NO! Is the redzone a problem area for the Necks, YES. Is giving one person more playing time or touches going to change that, NO! It's a TEAM sport. NBA Hall of Fame coach Jack Ramsey said, "One athlete can win a game, but a team can win all the games." Whether or not you or anyone else believes it, all the Necks know it needs to get fixed!

2 krunk
10-15-2008, 08:56 PM
ok, i think we are missing the point. the real question in this game is: can the necks stop the dogs spread offense and can the dogs slow down the necks running game. that seems to be the big question; and who will have the fewest mental meltdowns. both teams have had their share in early games.

mac77
10-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk
ok, i think we are missing the point. the real question in this game is: can the necks stop the dogs spread offense and can the dogs slow down the necks running game. that seems to be the big question; and who will have the fewest mental meltdowns. both teams have had their share in early games.

:iagree:

Necks_Fan
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Does it really matter who runs the ball as long as it gets in the endzone? The point is, as long as it deserved criticism, bring it on. To criticize because someone isn't getting enough carries in your opinion, is not fair or warranted. The Necks offense is struggling, FACT. It is because someone didn't get enough carries against N'ville, NO! Is the redzone a problem area for the Necks, YES. Is giving one person more playing time or touches going to change that, NO! It's a TEAM sport. NBA Hall of Fame coach Jack Ramsey said, "One athlete can win a game, but a team can win all the games." Whether or not you or anyone else believes it, all the Necks know it needs to get fixed! Just saying. The kid is getting done bad.

Honor student, no discipline problems, good runner, sure hands= no carries.

JMO.

Take it how you want.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Just saying. The kid is getting done bad.

Honor student, no discipline problems, good runner, sure hands= no carries.

JMO.

Take it how you want.
Your opinion. Obviously the coaches differ, for whatever reason. Don't worry, you should have your degree in about 5 years. I'm sure there will be some "expert" at whatever school you're coaching at that can enlighten us on how poorly you're doing your job as well. :doh:

JDOG
10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Necks Fan, you do have your right to your opinion whether it is right or wrong. I don't see that what you said was that bad. I've seen much worse on here. Looking forward to a good show down on Friday!

roughneck_2008
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
im hopin this is goin to be a good game and it always is, im drivin 3 hours just to watch it, and to come home for the weekend. as being a former player at the dub i know that all them are doin there best and have earned degrees and know what they are doin, its a great group of guys that taught me alot. cant wait till tomorrow night, GO NECKS!!! they win by a td

Necks_Fan
10-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Your opinion. Obviously the coaches differ, for whatever reason. Don't worry, you should have your degree in about 5 years. I'm sure there will be some "expert" at whatever school you're coaching at that can enlighten us on how poorly you're doing your job as well. :doh: :rolleyes:

Yea, I guess the first district game is the best time to get younger guys more experience.

:hand:

Dogs_21
10-16-2008, 11:22 PM
should be a good one!