PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport 31 - Burkburnett 15 - Final

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2008, 10:53 PM
What a game!

The Bulls pulled away to a 24 - 0 lead at half.

Second half the Bulldogs began to move the ball some and made it a closer game.

Both teams have some great talent...

Very pleased with the outcome! GO BULLS!

sinton66
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
WOO-HOO! Congrats Bulls.

Bullaholic
10-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
WOO-HOO! Congrats Bulls.

Thank you, sir.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Congrats to the Bulls. Quickly gaining ALOT of respect.

44INAROW
10-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Nice win Bulls sounds like a good 2nd half;)

Bullaholic
10-10-2008, 11:12 PM
The Bulls played a flawless first half to produce that 24-0 halftime lead. Burk has got some horses---especially #5. Best of luck to the Bulldogs for the rest of the season. I couldn't be more proud of the Bulls---they definitely played their best game of the year tonight.

Budman007
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Our boys played their hearts out tonight. O-line and D-line were dominant. Burk is a very good team loaded with a lot of good athletes. Our coaches did a great job preparing the Bulls this week. Good luck to Burkburnett the rest of the season. I see you guys winning out the rest of the way.

GO BULLS!!!

garciap77
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Congrats to the Bulls!

:clap:

BullsFan
10-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I have to say that Burkburnett has to be one of the most courteous schools I remember playing. Not only did the cheerleaders come over to do a cheer for our school (something I don't remember seeing since I was in high school myself), but the players on the field exhibited a great attitude throughout what must have been a terribly difficult game. And after the game, as I was making my way through the back parking lot holding on to one of Slpybear's son's hand, we came around a car and almost ran into a very large Bulldog player. It was totally our fault (since we weren't looking), but he stepped back and waited on us to pass. What a nice young man! I wish you guys all the BEST. :)

And what a great game! It's wonderful to be cheering on an awesome defense in Bridgeport, especially since we've struggled on that side of the ball in the past. And those Green boys are just plain fun to watch. I'm loving this season so far.

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Our boys played their hearts out tonight. O-line and D-line were dominant. Burk is a very good team loaded with a lot of good athletes. Our coaches did a great job preparing the Bulls this week. Good luck to Burkburnett the rest of the season. I see you guys winning out the rest of the way.

GO BULLS!!!

Here is a second vote for a great job of the Coaches scouting and preparing for Burkburnett.

DaHop72
10-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Congrats Bulls!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

5wide
10-11-2008, 02:41 AM
Saw the game. Burk has been propped up to be some great team and was very unimpressed with them. I don't know how they were undefeted.

BurkFan
10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
My hats off to the Bridgeport Bulls on a very well-played and hard-fought game. Burk came out flat in the first half on both sides of the ball whereas Bridgeport was hitting on all cylinders. We did not even find our game until second half and by then it was too late. Well done! I look forward to many more years of these type of fun games.

Thanks to Bullaholic's recommendation on Los Dos Chiles restaurant as well. Very tasty quesadillas! Bridgeport is a wonderful city, full of class...great stadium...great fans!

That was definately one of my most favorite nights of football despite the loss.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

exbull
10-11-2008, 10:17 AM
hey Burkfan from someone one the other side did those look like safeties to you too or do you think the refs got it right? Doesn't really matter just curious what yall thought about those calls.

BurkFan
10-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by exbull
hey Burkfan from someone one the other side did those look like safeties to you too or do you think the refs got it right? Doesn't really matter just curious what yall thought about those calls.

I think there were two instances where they were safeties. I was on the south end and they occurred at north end, but from what I saw they were safeties. I think the officiating was pretty good last night compared to others I have seen.

The only other thing I saw besides the safeties was a bad spot when Burk defense stopped the Bull running back for a loss on 3 and 1 and the ref gave forward progress for a first down when we saw that he had not gotten even back to LOS.

We were not happy that #5 on Burk got a personal foul that cost us 15 when we were finally getting a glimpse of momentum. I hate when players make stupid penalties...silly...silly...silly.

All in all it was a pretty clean game played for sure. Officiating was not a factor. Good game. Hope we have more!

slpybear the bullfan
10-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Hats off to you guys, BurkFan...

Re: safeties... of course I wanted all of them... but I was sitting on the 50 and couldn't see any of them.

There were a few calls that were poor, but overall I think the refs did pretty good. What I really liked was that they didn't call every little bump and shove. Too often today the crews are turning it into a "no - touch" game. You do that, and you might as well turn it into dancing.

I would not sweat #5's penalty. That had to be a frustrating game for Burk and you would expect (hope) to see them respond with some fire. And I think it was evident that they finished that game with LOTS of "want-to".

Bullaholic
10-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by BurkFan
My hats off to the Bridgeport Bulls on a very well-played and hard-fought game. Burk came out flat in the first half on both sides of the ball whereas Bridgeport was hitting on all cylinders. We did not even find our game until second half and by then it was too late. Well done! I look forward to many more years of these type of fun games.

Thanks to Bullaholic's recommendation on Los Dos Chiles restaurant as well. Very tasty quesadillas! Bridgeport is a wonderful city, full of class...great stadium...great fans!

That was definately one of my most favorite nights of football despite the loss.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks, Burkfan. The Bulls and their coaches put up quite an effort for the Bulldogs, and it showed Friday night. It is really nice when everything "clicks" and your team plays near mistake-free football on both sides of the ball.

I really think the Bulldogs are a much better team on another night, and I'm not saying that just to be nice. It was a pleasure having you and the Bulldogs visit our stadium. I wish the Bulldogs the best of luck for the remainder of the season, and I'll bet they will be one of the playoff teams from 5-3A.

Glad you enjoyed eating at Dos Chiles---it is a pretty good little Mexican restaurant. You could tell from looking at me and Slpybear that we both know how to appreciate a good meal, and definitely know the best restaurants.

We look forward to seeing you and the Bulldogs next season---most likely in your "house".

slpybear the bullfan
10-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You could tell from looking at me and Slpybear that we both know how to appreciate a good meal, and definitely know the best restaurants.

I am agile like a cat!!!

Really!!!