Anyone know a score on this game?

trojan37
10-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Kennedale 64
Venus 14

I do believe it's a final.

Budman007
10-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Is Kennedale that good or is Venus that bad???

trojan37
10-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Both.

garageoffice
10-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Okay...I finally got to see a game. Well, at least part of one. LOL!

My opinion only, but Venus actually had a better team than I've seen them have in several years. Good quickness and some skill. Unfortunately, they didn't have the size to hang with Kennedale.

WOW! Kennedale's O-line is big and good. You could tell after a while that the team had lost its edge, its fire...I mean, they were ahead 22-6 early and moving the ball at will...so they started leaning on people instead of hitting them, but they can sure hit them when they want to. The Wildcats put up over 530 yards of offense.

And speed? Wingfield (11/179) has sprinter speed and good strength...Mosely (10/230) is QUICK and has good vision and makes good decisions.

I don't want to make too much of it because it's the only game I've seen, but from all I've heard the defense has tightened things up some since the first of the season as well. The bottom line is that Kennedale is good! We won't really know how good until the playoff season gets here, but they are definitely very good. It's gonna be tough for ANY team to shut down their offense...they've just got too many weapons and that big O-line. Even if a team has a good defense, they're gonna have to have a consistent offense to go along with it.

They're certainly fun to watch!

JR2004
10-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Even though Venus is horrible, Kennedale did what you're supposed to do to bad teams. The Wildcats are a lot of fun to watch. Even though they beat us earlier this year, I enjoyed the game and was very impressed with their offensive line as well as the backs. Those kids have great technique up front and they just keep coming at you.