PDA

View Full Version : Needville 14- West Columbia 6

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm at a loss for words.

We played SO much better on ST this week, if you want a positive from this game.

3 Fumbles.... a million penalties.

It takes us SO long to get a play in it's rediculous. Play clock down to 0 on EVERY snap. 3 or 4 personal foul penalties tonight.

Outplayed upfront all night, partly cuz out Starting DT and C were both out, but still... should not have got handled like we did up front.

Congrats to the Jays on a well earned victory and Good luck to them the rest of the season.

It's one thing to lose when you are just plain out talented, but it;s another thing when you are more talented and still lose. I guess you know who to blame then.

I would say the defense played great in the second half, picking off 2 passes and shutting the jays out.

Thjey did give up one LONG run to LeCroy, and then tacked 15 more onto the end of it, but managed to hold them regardless!

:clap:

It's just, man, you will not win if you don't score.... and belive me, we have the PLAYERS to score.

On a side note, was impressed by the Freshman RB Flannel. Had about 10 carries.... and absolutely TRUCKED one Needville OLB. although, he did fumble 2 times I think. Still, I like what I see.:clap:

Anyway.... the coaches need to take a long look at this tape and think about some SERIOUS offensive changes..... but that's wishful thinking. Next week the boys will come out, and we'll see what the coaches got this time.

Good games to the Necks and Jays. Good luck to both.:)

Necked
10-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Lame.....compared to the El Campo effort...Lame....only scoring 6pts on a team that gave up 40 to 2a tidehaven...Lame...

sorry stangfan, they wouldn't let us come over there to see you...that was lame too....

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Also, the M&G would have went ALOT better if they would have opened up our side. We were not allowed to go over to the other side.

Me and Necked were there prepared to M&G, so atleast I got to meet him.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:17 PM
hmmm...that's strange....Carter08 made it over there somehow. Said he called you N_F. Sorry you guys couldn't make it over. Didn't know they'd pull that crap. When I was headed to the concession stand, a big group of people was coming over from the WC side ....looked like a fight might have been about to take place....cops ran over....might be why they locked your side down. Carter was already standing over there by then.

This was a very sloppy game, was not impressed w/ either team tonight. Jays looked like they were just going through the motions at times, sloppy......other times they showed signs of life and looked like the team I think they can be. The fact that our OL manned up and took care of business up front says a lot about how the Jays will look in the next few years as the Jay OL is young. That's promising as a Jays fan.

Way to go Jays.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
hmmm...that's strange....Carter08 made it over there somehow. Said he called you N_F. Sorry you guys couldn't make it over. Didn't know they'd pull that crap. When I was headed to the concession stand, a big group of people was coming over from the WC side ....looked like a fight might have been about to take place....cops ran over....might be why they locked your side down. Carter was already standing over there by then.

This was a very sloppy game, was not impressed w/ either team tonight. Jays looked like they were just going through the motions at times, sloppy......other times they showed signs of life and looked like the team I think they can be. The fact that our OL manned up and took care of business up front says a lot about how the Jays will look in the next few years as the Jay OL is young. That's promising as a Jays fan.

Way to go Jays. Yep. We got handled on the line. Now you see what i'm talking about when I say it takes FOREVER to get a play in.

IDK how Carter got over there.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Yep. We got handled on the line. Now you see what i'm talking about when I say it takes FOREVER to get a play in.

IDK how Carter got over there. I'm guessing he made his way over there before halftime.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm guessing he made his way over there before halftime. What did you think of #22 Flannel?

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:23 PM
What did you think of #22 Flannel? young...raw talent. w/ time should be a stud for the Necks.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:25 PM
young...raw talent. w/ time should be a stud for the Necks. Yea. He really tore up that one OLB. A really impressive run.

Last I heard Sweeny was leading Stafford 37-13.

31-13 at halftime I think.

Wharton was leading BR 21-0 at half.

Final was 21-20.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Yea. He really tore up that one OLB. A really impressive run.

Last I heard Sweeny was leading Stafford 37-13.

31-13 at halftime I think.

Wharton was leading BR 21-0 at half.

Final was 21-20. DANG on the Wharton/BR game!! Yeah..there were a couple of pretty nasty hits tonight. The first KOR that WC fielded .....that guy got rolled!! LeCroy flipped a couple of guys like grilled cheese sandwiches too. Hard hitting game tonight on both sides.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:30 PM
DANG on the Wharton/BR game!! Yeah..there were a couple of pretty nasty hits tonight. The first KOR that WC fielded .....that guy got rolled!! LeCroy flipped a couple of guys like grilled cheese sandwiches too. Hard hitting game tonight on both sides. Yea, LeCroy did a few of our guys bad on that long run he had.

Good defense up front from both teams. I was really impressed by our secondary in the 2nd half. They really stepped up.

garciap77
10-10-2008, 11:32 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good job Needville!

Necked
10-10-2008, 11:36 PM
We've only scored 7 TD's on offense thru 5 games now. Thats not a good stat at this point of the season...

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Yea, LeCroy did a few of our guys bad on that long run he had.

Good defense up front from both teams. I was really impressed by our secondary in the 2nd half. They really stepped up. yeah they did...they were everywhere in the 2nd half. On the flip side of that, Jays' QB Berry...VERY strong arm....absolute cannon....with time the patience and finesse will come.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Necked
We've only scored 7 TD's on offense thru 5 games now. Thats not a good stat at this point of the season... Nope. Offense is just not scoring... not really any fault of the players though.

IMO.:hand:

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:38 PM
when does WC play Wharton...and where?

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:38 PM
yeah they did...they were everywhere in the 2nd half. On the flip side of that, Jays' QB Berry...VERY strong arm....absolute cannon....with time the patience and finesse will come. Yep, I saw that he's only a Jr. He will be much better for the Jays next year as will the O line.

Columbia will have back... Flannel... both Qb's. Johnican, hernandez, 2 or 3 lineman. and Maret. That's about it. And then the JV kids.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:39 PM
when does WC play Wharton...and where? IDK. I'm not even sure who we have next week.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Yep, I saw that he's only a Jr. He will be much better for the Jays next year as will the O line.

Columbia will have back... Flannel... both Qb's. Johnican, hernandez, 2 or 3 lineman. and Maret. That's about it. And then the JV kids. ought to be another good one next year! Looking forward to it already!!

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:40 PM
ought to be another good one next year! Looking forward to it already!! LOL. Yea, I'm not really looking forward to next season... cuz I'll be gone. LOL.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:43 PM
LOL. Yea, I'm not really looking forward to next season... cuz I'll be gone. LOL. LOL...I'm old....and live about 5 mins from the stadium.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:44 PM
LOL...I'm old....and live about 5 mins from the stadium. LOL. Man, I am really dissapointed. I thought we would win. Reality check I guess.:(

Necked
10-10-2008, 11:44 PM
LOL...I'm old....and live about 5 mins from the stadium.

I'm old too, & bummed out..I'm going to bed....night ya'll....

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Necked
I'm old too, & bummed out..I'm going to bed....night ya'll.... g'night Necked.....

hey guys...if Needville is out of town the week of the WC/Wharton game, I may come and sit on yall's side if ya'll are at home for that one.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:47 PM
g'night Necked.....

hey guys...if Needville is out of town the week of the WC/Wharton game, I may come and sit on yall's side if ya'll are at home for that one. Cool. We'll check it and see what we can do.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Cool. We'll check it and see what we can do. looks like yall have Wharton on the 31st IN Wharton.....we have Wharton next week IN Wharton as well.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:50 PM
We are @ Wharton on Halloween. Needville plays in Stafford that night.

LOL. Dang, you beat me to it.

carter08
10-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I went over with the band before halftime.

Both teams looked pretty good defensively. Offenses weren't that great.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I went over with the band before halftime.

Both teams looked pretty good defensively. Offenses weren't that great. agreed...both offenses seemed to just not be on track tonight. WC looked pretty good at stopping the run most of the night. In the 2nd half their secondary stepped up. To me it seems w/ a little fine tuning both teams could be contenders for the district title. WC can run the table the rest of the way, as could Needville. Wharton worries me because of the fact when I think Wharton...I see question marks....not sure what to make of them.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 11:57 PM
We are @ Wharton on Halloween. Needville plays in Stafford that night.

LOL. Dang, you beat me to it. depending on what I have going on, I may make it over to Wharton for yall's game.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 11:58 PM
agreed...both offenses seemed to just not be on track tonight. WC looked pretty good at stopping the run most of the night. In the 2nd half their secondary stepped up. To me it seems w/ a little fine tuning both teams could be contenders for the district title. WC can run the table the rest of the way, as could Needville. Wharton worries me because of the fact when I think Wharton...I see question marks....not sure what to make of them. Sounds like they got outcoached though to me.

21 point lead vanished in the 2nd half.

IHStangFan
10-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Sounds like they got outcoached though to me.

21 point lead vanished in the 2nd half. that is true....also...what kind of depth does BR have in comparison to Wharton? I can remember Ingleside -vs- Sinton games in the early 2000s that the first half would be somewhat close (others were not, LOL) and then in the second half, Sinton would mash the gas and pull away quick.....they always had way more depth than Ingleside. Also...doesn't BR have some speed?

Necks_Fan
10-11-2008, 12:04 AM
that is true....also...what kind of depth does BR have in comparison to Wharton? I can remember Ingleside -vs- Sinton games in the early 2000s that the first half would be somewhat close (others were not, LOL) and then in the second half, Sinton would mash the gas and pull away quick.....they always had way more depth than Ingleside. Also...doesn't BR have some speed? Oh yea. They got speed. Plenty of talent. It's always been about putting it all together for them.

I have no idea what kind of depth they have. I do know that they ha dlike 19 starters back from last year though.

IHStangFan
10-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh yea. They got speed. Plenty of talent. It's always been about putting it all together for them.

I have no idea what kind of depth they have. I do know that they ha dlike 19 starters back from last year though. yeah...that's what I thought about them.....talent, speed, size....but can't seem to get it all together on the field and turning it all into wins.

Necks_Fan
10-11-2008, 12:11 AM
yeah...that's what I thought about them.....talent, speed, size....but can't seem to get it all together on the field and turning it all into wins. Been that way for a long time. Anyway... good night downlow.

Good luck next week Necks.

kingoftheranch
10-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Yep, I saw that he's only a Jr. He will be much better for the Jays next year as will the O line.

Columbia will have back... Flannel... both Qb's. Johnican, hernandez, 2 or 3 lineman. and Maret. That's about it. And then the JV kids.

the o line will struggle again next year as all the starters this year are seniors

kingoftheranch
10-12-2008, 01:52 PM
from what i saw.......both teams were weak. neither offenses could move the ball at all. west columbia really dissapointed me alot. the two teams that played would have been 6th and 7th in last years district. i dont really know what to think of this game. didnt prove much honestly.

TigerFan51
10-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Flannel???? Didn't he graduate this past year? Or is there a younger one?

Necks_Fan
10-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
Flannel???? Didn't he graduate this past year? Or is there a younger one? THE Flannel graduated in 06-07.

His younger brother is a Freshman RB for The Necks. He is a good ball player. Should be like his brother be the time he graduates with proper effort/coaching/ and a little luck.

Just won't have near the talent around him that Jared did.