PDA

View Full Version : WOS-Silsbee currently in OVERTIME!?

WOS87
10-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Silsbee had WOS 7-7 with 24 seconds left in the 4th, at the WOS 10, and the QB took a knee instead of spiking the ball, apparently not realizing they had no time outs and time ran out.

WOS scores first in OT 13-7 currently.... extra point pending

Kick is good

WOS 14
Silsbee 7

Silsbee about to take over in second part of 1st overtime

Hupernikomen
10-10-2008, 10:10 PM
setexas site is overcrowded and can't get on..

man i feel bad for the kid who took the knee.

WOS87
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
And West Orange-Stark ends up pulling off a win when they most definitely should have lost had it not been for a major Silsbee error.

West Orange-Stark 14
Silsbee 7
FINAL (1OT)

griff
10-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Give Silsbee tons of credit for making this game so close. WO-S should have scored 2-3 TDs in the first half to keep this game from needing overtime. The Mustangs still look rusty (on offense) from the long layoff, but that takes nothing away from the resistance put up by Silsbee. Their defense played a strong game. Silsbee always plays WO-S tough.

WO-S needs alot more reps to get to mid-season form.

Hupernikomen
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by griff
Give Silsbee tons of credit for making this game so close. WO-S should have scored 2-3 TDs in the first half to keep this game from needing overtime. The Mustangs still look rusty (on offense) from the long layoff, but that takes nothing away from the resistance put up by Silsbee. Their defense played a strong game. Silsbee always plays WO-S tough.

Silsbee does play WO-S tough. They have a good defense this year.

griff
10-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
And West Orange-Stark ends up pulling off a win when they most definitely should have lost had it not been for a major Silsbee error.

West Orange-Stark 14
Silsbee 7
FINAL (1OT)

Hey Chris, don't forget the major blunder by our punt returner toward the end that gave Silsbee new life...

Too many "what ifs" and "coulda shouldas" for both teams.

Hupernikomen
10-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey Chris, don't forget the major blunder by our punt returner toward the end that gave Silsbee new life...

Too many "what ifs" and "coulda shouldas" for both teams.

Two teams evenly matched tend to play games like that. Congrats on the win. Should be smooth sailing for the Stangs from here on in.

griff
10-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Two teams evenly matched tend to play games like that. Congrats on the win. Should be smooth sailing for the Stangs from here on in.

Heh...heh...not selling short your Bulldogs, are you Hup? I expect a dogfight from Jasper.

WOS87
10-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Heh...heh...not selling short your Bulldogs, are you Hup? I expect a dogfight from Jasper.

The ONLY possible way for WO-S to have to face Jasper would be for BOTH Silsbee and Bridge City to be kept out of the playoffs, in which case WO-S would go Division I. (I don't see that happening with Silsbee)

Jasper is assured of going DI since they have the largest enrollment in their district.

griff
10-10-2008, 10:51 PM
True. Thanks for the reminder.

I wish we had another formidable opponent in our district as we get closer to opening round of the playoffs. Actually, I wish Jasper was still in our district.

Hupernikomen
10-10-2008, 10:55 PM

If Jasper was playing WO-S then it would probably have turned out about like this one. Our offense might not gain 100 yards against WO-S, but the run defense is pretty good for the Dogs. The secondary struggles against the spread when you give a good qb time to check down and find the open man. You have to put pressure on the qb, and we didn't do that tonight for sure.

setxsports
10-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe this will wake WOS up!!!!

griff
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
It should. I expect some grueling practices this week.

setxsports
10-11-2008, 01:19 AM
The OL is just not playing well right now. :mad:

WOS87
10-11-2008, 01:22 AM
WO-S can at least say that they're 2-0 in overtime games all-time now

griff
10-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by **********
The OL is just not playing well right now. :mad:
I wouldn't put too much blame on the OL. When you have teams stack the line of scrimmage to key on Garrett, and our offensive playcalling is as predictable as it is, it helps the opposing defenses. This could be remedied at least in part if Crouch would mix it up better, but after nine years of this, I don't know if we'll ever see that change.

setxsports
10-11-2008, 09:45 AM
:D your right!

JR2004
10-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't put too much blame on the OL. When you have teams stack the line of scrimmage to key on Garrett, and our offensive playcalling is as predictable as it is, it helps the opposing defenses. This could be remedied at least in part if Crouch would mix it up better, but after nine years of this, I don't know if we'll ever see that change.

Your OC killed you last year against MODOC.

AggiesAreWe
10-12-2008, 08:22 AM

Griff, you are one of the FEW WOS fans that will give credit where credit is due. I, along with yourself, thought the Tigers defense played their asses off Friday night. I thought the Silsbee defense was the cause for the Stangs lack of 'O, not so much it's rustyness. The Stangs poured it on last week against Royal with no such problems.

WOS87 is right, the Tigers had WOS, they just made a costly mistake at the end by not spiking the ball.

Griff, I applaud you and the handfull of Mustang fans who sees it straight. To me it's no coincidence that the Mustangs struggle with the Tigers these last 3 times they have played. Only difference is that WOS got the breaks to pull out the win each time. That's the mark of a championship caliber team, getting the win in adverse times.

Great game Mustangs, take it deep into the playoffs now.

WOSgrad
10-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Great game Mustangs, take it deep into the playoffs now.

I suspect that the Tigers will take a deep run into the playoffs as well. Going into the game this weekend, it was obvious that Silsbee's 1-3 record was evidence of a tough schedule not a struggling team. They had lost to 4-0(now 5-0) Houston Davis, 4-1 Diboll (now 5-1) and a usually tough Jasper team.

The Tigers will be okay. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that they will end up 5-4 (for those counting at home, that means they won't lose another regular season game this year). I hope that the Johnson boy does not let that one mistake get into his head and affect the rest of his season because he is, indeed, a special athlete.

AggiesAreWe
10-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I suspect that the Tigers will take a deep run into the playoffs as well. Going into the game this weekend, it was obvious that Silsbee's 1-3 record was evidence of a tough schedule not a struggling team. They had lost to 4-0(now 5-0) Houston Davis, 4-1 Diboll (now 5-1) and a usually tough Jasper team.

The Tigers will be okay. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that they will end up 5-4 (for those counting at home, that means they won't lose another regular season game this year). I hope that the Johnson boy does not let that one mistake get into his head and affect the rest of his season because he is, indeed, a special athlete.

I hope you are right, Todd. The Tigers definetly need to get some wins under their belt just to get this big gorilla off their backs. They have played well enough to be as close to 5-0 as a 1-4 team could expect. I would suffice to say that Silsbee is by far the best 1-4 team in all of 3A, if that's saying anything.

I agree with you that Silsbee will win out but I am not sure about a deep run in the playoffs. I look for Silsbee to win their first round game against Huffman, but then they would face Navasota in the second round. I believe that's just too tough a task for my Tigers to handle. Their defense would have to play as well as they did against WOS and the Tiger offense would need to not turn it over.

jimmyceatworld
10-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Your OC killed you last year against MODOC.

Didn't MODOC run the same plays over and over again and barely speaked out a W in the end?

griff
10-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
Didn't MODOC run the same plays over and over again and barely speaked out a W in the end?

I'm assuming MODOC is LaVega, but what does M-O-D-O-C stand for?

Rabid Cougar
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM

Modoc is a term for Land Pirates.

WOS87
10-14-2008, 11:08 PM

Modoc was also an indigenous native American tribe located in what is now northern California and southern Oregon. Apparently there's no connection?