PDA

View Full Version : cuero/yoakum updates?

29-3aFAN
10-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Can some post the updates?

Mean Green Fan
10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Cuero 14
Yoakum 0
END OF 1ST QTR.

KingRob
10-10-2008, 08:46 PM
5 seconds until halftime:

Cuero - 28
Yoakum - 14

jrhernandez7
10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
that is a pesky yoakum team, cuero better put this team away as soon as they can bc that team is talented enough to score quickly, yoakum has alot of fight in them

Sundance
10-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Cuero - 35
Yoakum - 14

Sundance
10-10-2008, 09:40 PM
fumble by yoakum in the end zone. Cuero Ball on the 20

Sundance
10-10-2008, 09:44 PM
end of the 3rd quater gobblers leading 35 to yoakums 14

Sundance
10-10-2008, 09:54 PM
cuero 42
yoakum 14

Sundance
10-10-2008, 10:05 PM
he could go all the way touchdown Gobblers

Cuero 49
yoakum 14 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sundance
10-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Game Over

Cuero 49

Yoakum 14

Way to go Gobblers :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbler Fan
10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Good game for the Gobblers .... I though I was watching the WWE there for a minute or 2 when the fight started and the benches began to empty . Good job by the coaches for running onto the field and getting things back in order .;)

44INAROW
10-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Stats (according to Victoria Advocate.com)

1st downs
Cuero 22
Yoakum 13

Rushing -
Cuero 37 for 336 yards
Yoakum 36 for 209 yards

Passing
Cuero - 6 for 10 for 126 yards
Yoakum - 7 for 16 for 74 yards (1 int)

Individual scoring stats for Cuero:

Jennings Boothe (Sr) 48 yard pass interception
Trent Jackson (Fr) 53 yard run
Trent Jackson (Fr) 33 yard run
Troy Ruiz (Sr) 34 yard run
Isaiah Glover (Sr) 55 yard pass from Tyler Arndt
Trent Jackson (Fr) 2 yard run
Trent Jackson (Fr) 53 yard run

Individual scoring stats for Yoakum:

Trey Hights - 7 yard run (PAT Markert)
Trey Hights - 6 yard run (PAT Markert)

and I want to say Way to Go Jake Moeller on his PATs - 7 for 7 tonight Keep it up Jake
:clap: :clap:

HM33
10-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Alrigh alright thats how Cuero needs to play every game. There a few things I still see need work but thats what they needed to do after that last game they played.

They were finally fired up about playing. Yeah it had to take a key player to get kicked out but it got everyone into the game like they should be. Now just play like that withOUT getting someone ejected.

Defence needs some work. The run defence was not good, but a big part of that is that the two interior starters were not in the game. But the entire line needs to move up on the ball. The D-line was giving the offensive line a yard and a half to fire off at em'. they need to be up in their faces at the snap of the ball. LBs need to get off blocks and DBs need to not get beat deep lol.

Oh and PLAY THE FRESHMAN. Jackson is one hell of a back, use him!!!!! They did a good job of it tonight, now do it again. Oh and let Tyler pass a few more times. I want to see him open it up

But in the end, looked much much better than the last two games. Keep it up!

44INAROW
10-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by HM33

They did a good job of it tonight, now do it again. Oh and

I saw #6 catch a nice pass tonight........ :clap: :clap:

HM33
10-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah he did, it was a good snag. He told me he got introuble for it though. (wasn't suppose to be on the field, little reeve)

CueroDad08
10-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Last two weeks of practie have been tuff upfront, and it showed lastnight. Every play over and over Cuero O line pushed Yoakum back 5 to 10 yards. That opend up holes so big even papa Reeves could have run behind. It was a break out game for Trent Jackson. He will only get better and better. 25 now in a row at home. And 27 straight distric wins.

headhunter
10-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Yeah he did, it was a good snag. He told me he got introuble for it though. (wasn't suppose to be on the field, little reeve)

STUPID, #6 can catch just as well as anyone else. I like when we utilize the entire receiving core. That away in the playoffs teams can not gang up on one threat because all can hurt you. Also it gets kids some confidence, and that carries over week to week.

Still the defense needs to play with more intensity, I thought they were after #68 got ejected (which was crap, the yoakum player started it and he sat on top of him, if the ref would have done his job and broke it up right away nothing would have happened) we would play at a higher level and we did but only for about 5 plays. Overall I was pleased, heck we even threw to the TE.

Oh and the officials were terrible, worst group i have ever seen. They looked lost and looked very slow, ol boy in the white hat had to weight about 350. lol

Boomer
10-12-2008, 08:16 AM
I loved how cuero fired off the ball. Trent ran very well and he ran hard. A good back never lets the first person bring him down.

We do need to open it up a lot more. Come playoff time, you can't just do something you haven't done before. (Remember China Spring, we were trying to open it up in the second half, we never done that before.)

Our lineman play both ways. They were very tired real quick. We have a lineman who's dad is a warden at the prison, why dosen't he play more? He moved in from Floresville. He was playing a lot at the beginning of the season. Anyway, we need all the lineman we can to play. It's important to keep those guys as fresh as possible. Overall it was a good comeback game.

Go Mean Green!

crabman
10-12-2008, 09:52 AM
The kid from Floresville is coming off a really bad ankle injury. Friday was his first game back in uniform. Look for him on the field this week.