PDA

View Full Version : Region II and Region III Polls?

Old Cardinal
10-26-2001, 03:51 PM
I am just curious in looking at the listed top ten Polls for Regions II&III, why 17 little Division II teams are listed and only three Division I teams are listed Gatesville, Bridge City, and Everman- and they are down the list? I would venture to say that these three bigger teams and a half dozen others would win most all of the games against these smaller enrollment teams? Look at how they fared in postseason competition for a clue.

RBARKER
10-26-2001, 05:14 PM
Old Cardinal, Why do you think that Bridge City is this awesome Div I team? You keep talking about your schedule and how hard it is. Your Schedule is not that tough! I know that yall finally made it to the playoffs last year after getting killed by 4 A teams all season. I am glad that yall are winning but settle down your team is not that good. You are always talking about Div 2 teams and how weak they are, that statement is completely wrong. Div II is a very competitive Division. I bet Bridge City could not beat half of those teams that are above them in the polls. Sorry for the outburst, but I cant stand when you are talking about teams that you have know Idea about i.e. Barbers Hill if you want to judge us then why don’t you get on your horse and come watch a game.

Backwoods
10-26-2001, 06:11 PM
Agree 100% RBARKER. Old Cardinal: our ultra small, Division II team will be there next week. We're coming. See ya.

eye of the tiger
10-26-2001, 08:21 PM
Old Card if Bonham beats Quinlen Ford, Forney will go DI. Go Bonham http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Old Cardinal
10-26-2001, 10:33 PM
Mr. RBarker this comment was not intended to arouse Barbers Hill; however someone just said that everyone you have defeated is having a losing season....These comments were an observation that the polls are skewed toward proping up Div II at the expense of kids playing for Div I schools. Region I is similar;however Region IV seems quite balanced. Common since and decades of empirical records show that higher enrollment schools win a great many more times. One study said 85% of the time big schools win-this was done over 10 years considering all classifications..... I am looking forward to the BC/Newton brawl which I think pits a very exception Div II against an exceptional Div I.-it should be exciting.