PDA

View Full Version : college football

coach
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
can we talk college football trivia? like why did the longhorns and sooners tie in 1995? and did u know the longhorns scored college football's first two point conversion against the sooners

kepdawg
10-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I wonder what the answer will be :thinking:

coach
10-10-2008, 02:23 PM
honestly i just wanna know why they tied in 95

kepdawg
10-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by coach
honestly i just wanna know why they tied in 95

I'm not supposed to talk about college football so I can't talk about it.

BUT...

I know there have been several times in the past when Jasper tied an opponent.

That usually occurred because the two teams had the same score at the end of the game!

Phil C
10-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by coach
can we talk college football trivia? like why did the longhorns and sooners tie in 1995? and did u know the longhorns scored college football's first two point conversion against the sooners

College football introduced the option for the offense to score two points by running or passing the ball over the goal line on extra point tries in 1958. UT had not beaten OK for several years but in this game they scored the first td and went and made two points. It was the difference in the game as UT won 15 to 14.

They tied in 1995 because the score was tied at the end of the game and they didn't have Overtime that year to decide ties. College started Overtime in 1996 thus eliminating ties. The OT in college is much better than the pros because both sides get the ball at the opponents 25 yard line and the risk depending on who wins the coin toss to receive is eliminated.

jimmyceatworld
10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The OT in college is much better than the pros because both sides get the ball at the opponents 25 yard line and the risk depending on who wins the coin toss to receive is eliminated.

The only I dislike about college overtime is that stats can be beefed up pretty easily. A quarterback or runningback can add a couple of TD's with not much difficulty.

coach
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
College football introduced the option for the offense to score two points by running or passing the ball over the goal line on extra point tries in 1958. UT had not beaten OK for several years but in this game they scored the first td and went and made two points. It was the difference in the game as UT won 15 to 14.

They tied in 1995 because the score was tied at the end of the game and they didn't have Overtime that year to decide ties. College started Overtime in 1996 thus eliminating ties. The OT in college is much better than the pros because both sides get the ball at the opponents 25 yard line and the risk depending on who wins the coin toss to receive is eliminated.

were u at that game in 58 phil c

Phil C
10-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately no. :(

3afan
10-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
The only I dislike about college overtime is that stats can be beefed up pretty easily. A quarterback or runningback can add a couple of TD's with not much difficulty.

the only stats that matter are Ws and Ls