PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Lights

jimmyceatworld
10-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Freshman:
Fairfield 22
Palestine 6

What's impressive about this game is that Palestine beat FF's 8th grade last year 52-0:eek:

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
:clap: Cool! Good job FF!

The below is from our games with Rouse on Sept. 4. Ingram doesn't have enough kids for freshman, so we had another round scheduled with Rouse.

Super Team (fish/soph "B") vs Freshman: 6-6
LH Freshman 32, Rouse Freshman 7

We kicked butt! :cheerl:

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LH Super Team 34
Leander Rouse Freshman 6

Leander Rouse Freshman 20
LH Freshman 14 :(

When Rouse starts their Varsity schedule in '10, they'll be in a TOUGH district. They did have some good players to build from. Our kids had some problems just before half with a lost fumble, leading to Rouse TD; then lost the fumble on the KO, leading to another Rouse TD...and almost lost a fumble on the next KO. :doh: They were up 8-6 when this all started. But they never gave up when they came back after the half. :clap: :clap: Good job, team!

eagles_victory
10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
Freshman:
Fairfield 22
Palestine 6

What's impressive about this game is that Palestine beat FF's 8th grade last year 52-0:eek: You can only stop a Jet from lifting off for so long.

NastySlot
10-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:clap: Cool! Good job FF!

The below is from our games with Rouse on Sept. 4. Ingram doesn't have enough kids for freshman, so we had another round scheduled with Rouse.

Super Team (fish/soph "B") vs Freshman: 6-6
LH Freshman 32, Rouse Freshman 7

We kicked butt! :cheerl:

something isn't right here....we had a mix up last week with our white team..our red went to llano. we got to comfort to play them and they are playing ingram.....i asked a comfort coach if the comfort jv- was playing ingrams jv first...he told me no that their freshman were playing ingrams freshman...i told him we had heard ingram only had a jv...he said he was told it was their freshman team we both counted 27 kids for ingram....guess we better verify our schedule with them..... by the way...our white team picked a game up with one of burnet's freshman teams.....fred white 18 burnet 12....all other fred. teams open.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
something isn't right here....we had a mix up last week with our white team..our red went to llano. we got to comfort to play them and they are playing ingram.....i asked a comfort coach if the comfort jv- was playing ingrams jv first...he told me no that their freshman were playing ingrams freshman...i told him we had heard ingram only had a jv...he said he was told it was their freshman team we both counted 27 kids for ingram....guess we better verify our schedule with them..... by the way...our white team picked a game up with one of burnet's freshman teams.....fred white 18 burnet 12....all other fred. teams open.
That's weird! Rouse has been on our schedule twice from Fresh/Super since we got them in August. I just figured it was like the past few years we were in the same district and they didn't have enough. The JV was just getting under way when I left - they probably had around 20 kids out.

Congrats on the win! :clap:

trojan37
10-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Freshmen
Glen Rose- 20
West-12 Final

I don't know how our j.v. turned out since we left after the freshman game, but we called a friend whose son is the qb and they were getting a spankin.

jimmyceatworld
10-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You can only stop a Jet from lifting off for so long.

Most of the time a Jet can only stop itself when it runs out of fuel.

pirate4state
10-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Sinton fish 0
Mathis fish 30

Sinton JV 22
Mathis JV 12

sinton 8th graders 0
mathis 8th graders 16 (i think)

didn't catch the 7th grade score

very worrisome that our 8th graders & fish aren't performing very well, but i hear alot of the good freshman are either playing on JV or are out with injuries.

JR2004
10-10-2008, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
very worrisome that our 8th graders & fish aren't performing very well, but i hear alot of the good freshman are either playing on JV or are out with injuries.

You have nothing to worry about. It's not really about winning and losing on the subvarsity level. It's more about what they're learning. Doing badly at the junior high level means very little. The players change a lot between now and when they're ready for varsity competition. Many times you'll see junior high teams that look like world beaters, but they turn out to be duds as they get older.

firstdown
10-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Prosper 9th 13 Argyle 14 both teams looked flat
Prosper JV 41 Argyle 20 an old fashion butt kick'n :(

Chillimaru
10-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Orange Grove JV 54
Fal JV 8

OG Freshmen 33
Fal Freshmen 0

Great Job Bulldogs

Keep it up:clap: :clap: